What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: Panasonic Plasma.jpg (1500x986, 46K)

nothing, still the best display tech if you can deal with a 150W space heater that hums when there's bright highlights in the image

LCD cartel killed it.

tfw no bnib zt60

*melts"

I remember the phase of
>muh energy rating
still proudly rocking a VT60 which is less efficient than my fridge
and also looks better

Too good for this world.

NO BROS NOOOOO

Attached: Pioneer KURO.jpg (1200x800, 79K)

Did Plasma shoot itself in the foot by still retaining that "Premium badge" it had from the 90s and early 00s?

Modern FALD tVs use more power

I have a 42inch one, too bad it was a display unit and has some burn-in from the store.
Paid $350 8 years ago.

Low DPI garbage with burn-in.

There is really no reason to get a Kuro Elite, VT60/ZT60 or F8500 with today's current selection of televisions. My VT60 looks almost the same as my C6 and my PQ-65 bests it in brightness with inferior black levels. You can pick up a B8 or PQ-65 for $1500 when they are on sale. Unless you can find a VT60/ZT60 without burn in for under $1000, there is no real reason to buy 7 year old technology. I can answer any questions between Plasma, OLED or QLED.

Plasma is pretty great (actually have a Panasonic plasma screen), but can we talk about how fucking shit """smart""" TVs are?
They're several hundred dollars more expensive but the UI is shit, it lags, often loses network connection, and the remote sucks. Dumb TV + Chromecast is much cheaper and literally provides a superior experience.

Oled is the future old man

Are dumb TVs even made anymore and if so where can I get them? I absolutely hate smart shit

>turn on plasma TV
>turn the heating off because else it gets too hot

lol

Why is samsung pushing qled hard, when they've been leading in oled technology for a while?

Samsung never made a modern OLED screen. A few years ago LG and Samsung were the only manufacturers that made 1080p OLED. Samsung couldn't compete with LG due to the costs associated with their manufacturing process in comparison to LG and stopped before 4K OLED took off. LG has stagnated with their OLED since the B6/C6 since even the new B8/C8 have nearly the same picture quality. Panasonic sells OLED outside the US and Sony's OLED is ludicrously expensive in the US. OLED is dead to most consumers due to cost, 1/10 panel half life compared to LED and bright room performance. QLED with Vizio and Samsung is cheaper, longer lasting and better in a living room setting. The only advantage of OLED is black level and viewing angles compared to QLED.

Explain to me what exactly is quantum dot technology; Sony says their Xperias use QD but it's been 3 - 4 years since they've used this buzzword so it doesn't seem to be anything more than that.

>2018
>tv’s

nothing. Still having a full hd 42" plasma. It's image quality is better than a LED LCD I recently bought as a pc monitor. Especially the blackness. Displays are also a lot faster than LCD.
Besides that only downsides of course. (fucking 300W heater)

this

this. Hooking up a raspberry pi to a monitor is an unironical better experience.
Smart TVs are such super fuckups. (slow, bullshit interface, take longer to boot than my pc, intentional backdoors, telemetry and vulnerabilities, no updates guaranteed, no adblock, ...)

>What went wrong?
Not being able to display 1px checkerboard.

TV is what?

I unironically use my Plasma to heat my room during cold winters.
Shit's getting hotter than a space heater.

>150W is a lot

Attached: .png (1165x440, 26K)

Not really.
It's usually only Chinese manufacturers and occasionally some brand ones that are still dumb but none of them have a higher resolution than 1080p.
Manufacturers realized they can sell their shitty TVs for a way higher price by saying it's "smart".

My old trusty Pansonic Plasma is pushing ten years of service and already has some burn ins but I hope he can make it till the first microLED TVs come out that don't cost a fortune.

>482W
Just buy a heater if you need one.

As an owner of a VT60, C6 and PQ65 there is no reason to keep waiting. You can pick up a B8 55" OLED for $1300 or a PQ65 65" QLED for $1500. HDR, 4K and silent operation more than make up for the negligible picture quality and motion handling of a plasma. Obviously if you sit 15' from your tv than you can still get away with 1080p.

My grandma would always watch yt videos and just leave the TV on like that for hours instead of turning it off and now a few of the boxes in the YouTube app UI are burnt in.
Not really anything that can be done about it right?