Good Distro for beginner to gnu/linux?

Tried Mint, Ubuntu, Lubuntu and Xubuntu, all suck what should I try next? Arch? Fedora? Manjaro? What should I try Jow Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-03_13-01-33.png (1366x768, 117K)

fedora

tray antergos and learn how to use arch, then just do an install of arch (or anarchy Linux which is just an install script for it)

I suggest Fedora and Sabayon.

I tried debian, ubuntu with xfce, unity and gnome until I found kubuntu. It's great

Debian

Lubuntu
+it's ubuntu
+ultra light
+ with padoka ppa, it's bleeding edge

gentoo

That was already in OP's list of distros that suck. Not sure you placed a convincing argument?

Try thoroughly customizing whatever you're on now instead of being a distrohopping faggot and complaining sucks.
You'll learn nothing from installing and everything from actually using the damn thing.
Almost all distros are the same under the hood, it's just the package manager and immediately available packages that are different.
Start by telling us why do all those distros you've tried suck exactly?

Attached: 1531146742687.jpg (478x519, 26K)

Manjaro Kde

Srry didn't read lol
U mad?

I can't get windows to move to my second monitor using only my keyboard. Teach me and I'll stay.

antergos

>I tried all these distros and they suck
I bet you're one of those fags who thinks the default DE is the 'distro'

Why do they suck? Every distro is literally the same. For eg gentoo with xfce looks exact same as opensuse with xfce or Debian with xfce. Main difference being apt/yum/portage update/install commands. Just install any distro and do your job

If you're on a recent Intel system, try ClearLinux. It's by far the fastest, at least 15% faster than Gentoo or Arch. Custom made by Intel with all kinds of compiler tricks and architectural choices to speed it up. Easy to install but the package manager is a bit unorthodox to say the least. You get used to it though.

Attached: Screenshot_20180903-102534.png (1536x2048, 808K)

Install Solus
Have you tried using it, doesn't look like it's for home desktop or even workstations, just internet/server stuff.

I reccomend Debian
Bunsenlabs is still around I think, its just Debian with pre riced openbox.
Q4OS is Debian with tde (an ancient version of KDE) which is good on old machines with few resources.
Lxqt is still far from being usable so I would avoid anything that uses it.
I see you used lubuntu, so you might be interested in lxle, which is a prericed lubuntu.
If you're somewhat adventurous i guess you could try bodhi Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with moksha [old stable enlightenment])
If you go with fedora try a spin with mate or xfce instead of the default GNOME.
If you want to try KDE, neon and opens use are good bets.

Don't use deepin, solus/budgie, manjaro, or any arch based thing, they are shortly memes.
If you're going to fall for a meme do it properly and install gentoo

Yeah, I have it installed on an 8700k desktop right now. The shit flies. Don't let the marketing copy on their website fool you, although it does say on their home page "iot, cloud, and client". Client being desktop. At any rate, installation was a breeze albeit text based. When you're done installing, you install a desktop package that gets you Gnome 3 with a nice custom theme. After that, you just pick what software you want like any other Linux distro. The key with software though is it isn't a one-off thing like Ubuntu or Fedora, you pick metapackages which pull in several things at once. It's not as weird as it sounds in practice as certain things make sense together. Also of note is the documentation on their site is quite comprehensive. The best part is the speed. ClearLinux is by far the fastest Linux available and I'm not just talking seat of the pants subjective stuff. It literally benchamarks 10-20 percent faster than any other Linux system in pretty much everything. Read up on Phoronix about that. They did a ton of work to get it like that and it'll probably take other distros a year or more to catch up. Well worth checking out.

Attached: Screenshot_20180903-105130.png (1536x2048, 201K)

I'm going to hijack this thread since I'm in a similar situation OP.

But also, I'm limited on my laptop by 4GB of RAM. Right now I'm using Ubuntu on my desktop and I use about 5GB of RAM while studying web dev with some videos and tabs open.

What distro should I use on my laptop?

$ apt-get install lubuntu-desktop
Log out, select lubuntu, log back in.

I'll take that as 'Just download an install Lubuntu' since my laptop is running W7 right now, which I have no need for.

Ubuntu with KDE make your transfer from windows as easy as possible

gentoo/arch is best beginner linux.
While breaking things and referring StackOverflow every other second, somewhere in the midst of all this you will learn to actually use and work on a linux environment.

Fedora sucks, don't do it.
7 months of usage and it never came together.

it's one of the most stable linux distro i've ever used.

MAYBE tell us WHY you think those sucked?

My experience was that it was buggy, unsatisfactory, but working for the bare minimum. Anything better requires extensive knowledge of programs' commands.

Manjaro is good for beginners, but if you had problems with *buntu you're not going to have any easier of a time with any other distro. Get good.

Attached: 1453158388786.jpg (720x540, 104K)

/thread

>solus/budgie
>meme
Pick one or the other

>tried four distros already
>still a beginner
did you even use any of your previous distros?