Now that the dust has settled, is 2080 Ti actually an improvement over a 1080 Ti?

Now that the dust has settled, is 2080 Ti actually an improvement over a 1080 Ti?

Attached: geforce-rtx-2080-ti-social-2048x1024.jpg (2048x1024, 404K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/GeForce-Dual-Fan-Type-C-Graphics-DUAL-RTX2080-O8G/dp/B07GK4X6C2
twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1036261478695952384
hothardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-allegedly-35-faster-1080-ti-3dmark-result
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>$1200 USD
no

Yes

yup

Sure it is. Is it worth buying is another story.

I'm actually curious to see how many idiots buy this card

>paper-launch only situation with forever contradicting "leaks" equals settled dust
To the bottom of the catalog with your misguided memes

The same retarded you bought Vega 64

>Now that the dust has settled
It's not out yet, nobody has benchmarked it. JUST BUY IT

There was a leak a few hours ago saying the 2080 Ti is 35% faster than the 1080 Ti. The card's not coming out until later this month so there's no telling if the leak was correct

Stop kvetching

Most people bought 64 for crypto

Given that nvidia have been heavily pushing the ray tracing meme and said fuck all about this card's regular renderering performance, that sounds right.

>10 series introduced to siphon shekels
>20 series siphoning intensifies
Yep, it is an improvement for Nvidia.

just buy it. you need it. buy more gpu

>falling in the same trap
>again

Attached: 970.jpg (625x352, 72K)

>RTX 2080Ti Asus Dual cost in USA: $840
>same thing costs $1835 here
JUST

it's an improvement. but the price is too high for the improvement to make it a sane buying decision. if you pay 100% more for 30% more performance you're a nigger or an illiterate leftist blowing through tax payer money

How are we supposed to know when there are no reviews out there, retard?

I am still kind of pisses they didn't stick to their name policy and didnt call it 1180

>he needs linux tech tricks to make a decision
become your own person, user. you can't rely on youtuber e-celebs to tell you what to do for the rest of your life

BEcuzz RaYTRAcING

Stop asking dumb ass questions you stupid moron. We don't even have actual reviews out yet.

It's a revolution buddy

The fuck, where are benchmarks?
Fuck off, shill.

Do you render 3dcg? Yes.
Do you do CUDA computation? Yes, but don't expect improvement to be adequate to the price.
Gayman? It's a long shot. Probably not but it should technically keep a very high resell value years from now, so that might make it worth it for you.

>>RTX 2080Ti Asus Dual cost in USA: $840
No?

>spending money to see if it's worth spending money

Attached: 1527504927510.jpg (800x793, 41K)

Somebody call 911

Fermi fire burning on the dance floor

amazon.com/GeForce-Dual-Fan-Type-C-Graphics-DUAL-RTX2080-O8G/dp/B07GK4X6C2

>Probably not but it should technically keep a very high resell value years from now

Don't count on it, that thing's horribly overpriced and there's a new AMD GPU on the horizon. It could easily see a major price cut early next year.

>being a retard who can't read tech specs and think for 3 minutes
that's you buddy

That's a 2080, not a 2080Ti

Source for the leak: twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1036261478695952384

>ray tracing

Attached: 1531360890256s.jpg (93x125, 2K)

I don't now if I should upgrade to a 1080ti now or wait for 2080ti

Attached: 1535980956360.gif (500x500, 406K)

Either way you're best off waiting for the 2080 to be fully released first.

When have numbers given by company on a product that's made by the same company ever been accurate, user?

Okay, lemme correct myself:
It should technically keep a decent resell value many many years from now
(Emphasis on time, resell value will degrade over time as usual but it will still be in demand 5-10 years from now for very specific reasons)

Holy shit I'm dyslexic or something

Think I'll just buy a vega card so my conscience will be clear

THE BEST THING TO DO RIGHT NOW IS GET A CHEAP/USED 1080TI
AMD CARDS CAN'T TOUCH IT
RTX 2080 IS A BIT SLOWER
RTX 2080TI COSTS WAY MORE ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE GETTING A USED 1080TI AND IT WON'T RUN MORE THAN 35% BETTER
JUST OC YOUR 1080TI LOL

I'm not buying your used card, miner

Wtf man not everyone mines with their cards
I know a guy who deals in used cards and he always has both sorts of cards, mined or just used for gayming. Get a legit one and stop kvetching

I'm still not buying your used card

>dust settled
Benchmark where?

Attached: F510E7D9-3516-4245-9F80-D04E50A13603.jpg (300x400, 13K)

hi tom

I bought a used 1070 with 30 months of transferable warranty on it from my guy, for less than 40% of the current market price. Stay JUSTed

A card from a responsible miner is just a card that is just broken in. The weak/defective GPUs would have been culled quite early

if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

I'm not going to help you recoup your losses

What the fuck? I have the 1070 running smoothly in my PC, how is it too good to be true? Just lol boyo

>too good to be true
ya bought a used card. there's a good chance something will go wrong with it at some point if you really got it that cheap. otherwise why would the original owner sell it for so little?

1080ti with a good deal is much better in perf/$ than 2080ti.

Runs great on me, solid temps and all. Besides it's got transferable warranty so who gives a shit, takes a week tops to get a dead card replaced here.

Adios, brother!

> Now that the dust has settled
It hasn't even began to settle.

this.
and it couldn't even run shadow of the tomb raider in 1080p60

Nibber, I got a 1070 from a store at launch and it died after 7 months of gaymong, they told me I had OCd the GPU too high, which I obviously did as it's my fucking purchase. I then went back to using my old 970 for 2 weeks until I could get a used 1070, been running fine ever since.

>hothardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-allegedly-35-faster-1080-ti-3dmark-result

Benchmarks show its only ~25% improvement. That's much less than the hyped "50%" or the leaks about "35%".

So for $1200, its definitely not worth it. Newegg has 1080 ti for $630 right now. That's a 90% mark up fyi.

>but its 25% increase so mark up is justified right?

No.

980 ti MSRP is $680
1080 ti MSRP is $700

The performance from 980ti to 1080ti is ~30% increase. The markup price is only 3%. Compared to 1080ti -> 2080ti, the mark up is 90% for less performance upgrade. Its a total jew move.

I'd say the dust is still up there until we have reviews out.

20-25% sounds more plausible. This is discounting any use of ray-tracing, though, which wont be important any time soon.
Either way, it's far too expensive for what it is. You'd have to be stupid to buy a RTX 2080 when you can get a 1080 Ti for less money and stronger performance.

Not really. 35% is VERY unlikely, almost making this card somehow worth it. Expect 10% averages, and a 2080 being unable to beat a 1080ti.
Remove the "ti" and that sounds about right.

This doesn't look right.
2080ti have 47% more cuda core compared to 2080 and yet it only scored 30%ish more?

Is it because of the lower clock?

It hasn't settled yet. With DLSS enabled the 2080 Ti will be roughly twice as fast as the 1080 Ti, even in traditional rasterized games that don't leverage the RT cores. We still don't know if DLSS will cause visual artifacts though, so whether or not the 2080 Ti is a good buy is still unknown.

Attached: 0d7616ae0b874c19fcf0a1c124d8a90614b994ab7c34041ab71808818f6060d3_1.jpg (640x534, 48K)

The specs themselves are almost always correct, with the sole exception being the 3.5GB 970 incident. Also, the benchmark results they showed during Pascal's launch event were mildly cherry-picked but still fairly close to reality. I doubt NVIDIA has told us any outright lies about Turing.

It's going to perform worse than a 1080 Ti that costs less.

Benchmark here

Attached: compare.png (611x587, 25K)

Glad I kept my 4870x2

It's still no match for the legendary 9800 GTX.

Attached: 1371956854343.png (550x550, 190K)

>continuous data axis starts from 0
Why depict them as competent?

Attached: Nvidia legacy support.jpg (1200x800, 254K)

Here

Attached: 1534972425960.jpg (562x530, 30K)

kek'd

Attached: 1370890125927.gif (475x295, 946K)

21.43% more CUDA cores between RTX 2080 Ti and GTX 1080 Ti. core clock is slightly lower on the RTX, roughly 2.5%. That gives 18.59% core performance increase.
memory bandwidth is 27.27% higher.
unless the raytracing magic really takes off and game devs find a way to really use it for more than stupid crap, you're likely only looking at a 20-25% increase in performance. of course results will vary between games, but on paper (which is all we truly know at this time); the increase in performance will be hard to justify spending 50~90% more than the previous generation for many people.
remember how long it took for games to adopt support for SLI?
remember how long it took for games to adopt support for PhysX?
Ray-tracing will be the same.
Hell, it seems only half of games being released right now support 21:9 or wider ratios.

The kvetch thing was a jab at that tomshardware jew.

It is technically a better card but a terrible value for the money. If you are satisfied with your current setup, there is no need to rush to buy. We have yet to see a killer app for their ray tracing implementation.

Attached: 1466211607156.jpg (336x470, 54K)

Attached: 1532056490688.jpg (707x1000, 124K)

>1200$
>boomer miners will hike it up to 1500$
No

>not using quattros

lmao gamer kiddies

Attached: tueg2e2.jpg (506x556, 23K)

Wanted to get it to upgrade my 970. After all this disappointing buzz I just settled with a used 1080 ti for 500.

Attached: D1CD2F06DD8A49F99C45F357B8D14B79.jpg (438x409, 14K)

>not looking at quatro, seeing the price, and just running your shit on a GTX 10xx or RX card instead

I'll buy it

I'm not a poorfag and hate AMD so yes

>they still think the big jump from Maxwell to Pascal is going to happen again on 14nm+++++++++

>hate amd
spoken like a true Jow Forumsentooman

In all seriousness, I hate Nvidia, yet I use their products. If AMD were to release a better GPU, I'd buy it. Who manufacturers the chip is irrelevant. If or when laptops start adopting an AMD chip, I'd consider it. Ryzen is a great product.
I don't have anything to be mad at AMD other than the whole rebrandeon thing. In fact, Nvidia did rebrandeon long before it was known as that. I do have at least a couple of reasons to be upset at Nvidia: their attempts at stealing an industry by getting manufacturers who use their products to sign agreements with exclusivity clauses, and this obvious overpricing of Volta cards.

It would be a complete and utter embarrassment if it wasn't. The better question would be if it's worth the price, in which case the answer is clearly no.

>been running a used 970 for 3 years with 0 issues

Nigga, you gotta have some faith in craigslist. Your average miner is reselling on ebay anyway

Consider the following: The GTX 1080 ti can be had for less than a 2070 brand new right now. If you keep an eye out you can find them for under $600.

>With DLSS
This shit is basically aa using tensor to give you a reason to buy useless hardware on chip, as it's a failed Quadro card.

Dlss won't do shit for performance unless you are up to using shit scaling artifacts like consoles do fake 4k

Most of the big miners resell in their own circles as hand-me-downs to smaller or upstarting miners. Though that's probably changing heavily due to mining finally settling down.

The hilarious thing about DLSS is it's not even on the fly upscaling, which I was totally stoked for if it didn't cause massive quality loss. But it's going to require nvidia to run sample images through a Turing powered super computer at their HQ to then have you download them in "driver updates" as training material. Oh, and it will only work on titles with RTX support.

I own a MSI GTX1080 is it worth buying a MSI GTX1080Ti?

>hate AMD
Just why? I only own Nvidia GPUs but that's because they perform better on the high end and use less power per performance and are roughly price competitive in the midrange right now. If AMD releases GPUs better than Nvidia's by the next time I want to upgrade, I'll buy those.

I think AMD is better from a corporate ethics aspect. Intel and Nvidia do anticompetitive crap that hurts AMD. AMD just tends to do stupid crap that hurts AMD too. But as a consumer I'm not going to buy an inferior product for a higher price because of this. I'll buy whatever happens to be the better product at the time.

Real question is, does that 1080 do everything you want? Would a 1080 Ti really benefit you? Alternately you could buy a second 1080 to use in SLI.

yes, it's also a fundamental improvement and will push graphics in new directions.

It's also a stupid thing to buy.

Same. Got a 1070ti for 350.

Isnt SLI a pain to use?

Once it's configured, no, though I don't have first hand experience. I avoided SLI in my build because I'm doing the Linux with Windows in KVM thing, and that apparently doesn't work with SLI.

At least you admit your mistake. Good on you