IF (You) CANNOT CODE IN BASIC

LERANING HASKEL WILL NOT HELP (You)

Attached: KILLS_SC.jpg (627x360, 21K)

BUMP

BUMP!

This doesn't tell me anything.

*Haskell
*learning

What's the point of this thread, exactly?

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to haskel/lisp: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

BASIC sucks as a first language, I'll agree with that. However, it makes for some really fun retro programming. Everything's better when you have PEEK and POKE.

BUT YOU DONT KNOW WHY BASIC SUCK

Because it's unstructured. Duh!

Haskell, though not perfect, is of a quality that is several orders of magnitude higher than Java, which is a mess (and needed an extensive advertizing campaign and aggressive salesmanship for its commercial acceptance). It is bad enough that, on the whole, industry accepts designs of well-identified lousiness as “de facto” standards.
LISP has jokingly been described as “the most intelligent way to misuse a computer”. I think that description a great compliment because it transmits the full flavour of liberation: it has assisted a number of our most gifted fellow humans in thinking previously impossible thoughts.

NOT, BECOUSE IT HARD TO DEBUG

RETARDED PEOPLE MAKE CHURCH OF RETARDENES AND YOU IN IT

>IT HARD IT HARD
>ME CAN'T ME CAN'T
What language is this?

Industry suffers from the managerial dogma that for the sake of stability and continuity, the company should be independent of the competence of individual employees. Hence industry rejects any methodological proposal that can be viewed as making intellectual demands on its work force. Since in the US the influence of industry is more pervasive than elsewhere, the above dogma hurts American computing science most. The moral of this sad part of the story is that as long as computing science is not allowed to save the computer industry, we had better see to it that the computer industry does not kill computing science.

Is this the thread where we make up cancelled Evangelion movie titles?

nice meme

computer industry does not kill computing science
TURING DO

Attached: 1c.jpg (1240x580, 33K)

Do you code in 1C Accounting?

Attached: 1533349593996.png (500x294, 12K)

KRU PASCAL SAY IT

>Java needed an extensive advertizing campaign and aggressive salesmanship for its commercial acceptance
unlike Haskell which got commercially accepted immediately

I want this hung in my wall

Cose retardedbuisness still hire SC tard as menegement