Samsung Galaxy S8

Thinking about switching from iphone to android. Is Samsung Galaxy S8 a good phone? Help a pleb.

Attached: SAMS864BK.jpg (400x400, 17K)

NO STILUS
ONLY 1 USB PORT
REJECTED

>paying more than $50 for a phone

Attached: 1534562700429.png (400x400, 6K)

Typing on one right now. The only annoying part is the Bixbybutton. The remapping application gets overridden with every samsungupdate, and even before that it never works right.

Other than that, for media, browsing, general picture taking and phone use, decent for the price it's at now.

>buying deprecated hardware
If you're gonna blow over $700 on a phone, at least get the latest version, faggot.

You can get the same or better experience with 400-500 dollar phones, One Plus, Google devices.

S8 owner here, decent phone. Bixby button makes me want to unironically kill myself though. BxActions is an app you need to have.

If I wasn't desperate to get a work phone when I broke my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 I work have gotten a Mi Mix 2 or something.

I wouldn't recommend the phone, but the display is great. I keep it on black and white and the blue light filter to reduce addiction and eye strain though.

As a former apple user I can guarantee if you're looking to get more out of you phone than
>it just works
Then you won't regret it

>paying for a phone

>he doesn't buy exclusively android one devices

Attached: 1508100684979.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

Jamal...

Why? Price is much lower.

Because you're already overpaying for it anyway, might as well go the full mile. If your a vain idiot that's buying a phone because of the brand and the shiny value or what other people perceive of you based on what you use, the S8 is a shitty choice because it's already outdated, so get the S9.
If you cared about getting a good phone for good value, you wouldn't have considered Samsung in the first place. You do it because you're either dumb or like I said, a vain idiot that only cares for the brand he's wearing, not the hardware or value of it.

What's a good alternative? Just need a smartphone with a good battery, take pictures with etc., standard stuff.

Buy LG G5 or Galaxy S5+/LTE-a. Last good smartphones.

If you're looking for the best possible hardware experience, look at OnePlus, Google Pixels, hell, even the Huawei P20's are really good (if you're not in the USA).
There's also a bunch of smarter options for cheaper even, without even losing that much performance. Look into Xiaomi's higher end models (Mi 8, MiMix2) or the slightly older Nexus phones (5X for example), all still have insanely good hardware for much much less than you would pay for an S8 or an S9.

Samsung is expensive and living off of marketing. They do make good phones, but the price is hardly justified, not even close to the rest of the market.

The LG g series were such great phones. Used to own a g3 until recently but I slipped and fell into a lake with my phone in my pocket. Great screen, sound, support and speed.

one of the most fragile phones ever released, also screen repairs cost a ton, cannot recommend at all, also completely loaded with useless samedung features

>I slipped and fell into a lake
Humans should wear protective waterproof foil

g5 is great (I own it as a tertiary device) but having a literal gap in the phone for fluids to enter is aids

Nice, thanks. Which one would you pick? I'm a europoor. Again just wanna do standard stuff.

>not getting the SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 9

I like it, rounded screen edges are a bit annoying though. I went from Google Nexus 5, to Nexus 6P to S8. Battery life on the S8 seems to blow the Google devices out of the water, 6P battery completely took a shit after barely 18 months of use.

Also remember that 90% of the people on this board make under $25,000 a year (would guess that a lot are perma-NEET too) and will call you a vain fag for buying a $700 phone because they think this is a huge purchase or something fucking dumb like that. Why the fuck you would post on a technology board while being poor as fuck I do not understand at all.

Attached: 1507784710767.jpg (226x223, 9K)