I'm addicted to PC videogames and i want to quit because i wanna do something worth with my life instead of wasting my...

I'm addicted to PC videogames and i want to quit because i wanna do something worth with my life instead of wasting my time.

Also i want to uninstall Microsoft Botnet but i can't because of the games.

What can i do pls help

Attached: plshelp.jpg (940x620, 84K)

Gaming is retarded

Commit bath toaster

go on a vacation without cell phone and computer. When you return, install gentoo. Don't forget to backup personal files.

install macOS

Used to be like you user, it's a hard fucking road. Going cold turkey is the wrong way to go about it, I found playing purely singleplayer games weened me off it, ABZU and Gungeon are the shit.

CRITICAL - Delete online social interaction, like Discord, Reddit (maybe Facebook?) and make it a lonely experience to play games. Social interaction online tricks the brain into thinking you're not alone.

Bad environment makes you hard to quit.
In my case, it was hard to quit due to discord servers and my friends.

>What can i do pls help
Become a fascist, it worked for me

sell your gaming pc and buy a thinkpad

install [spoiler]debian[/spoiler]

Attached: 1533895756779.jpg (512x512, 156K)

I'm considering the option of going full straight uninstall all shit and erase the few RRSS that i use...

Just ween yourself off, start doing other activities like reading or something during times you would normally game. If you're real serious sell your fancy rig and buy something low end to prevent you from playing games.

For all intents and purposes, I went cold turkey 4 years ago. permitted myself to play vidya only one day per year. Worked for me.

You can't become virgin

If playing videogames is wasting your time then start programming them

I've yet to meet a virgin fascist

I just stopped caring about playing with games when I got a job and started paying my own bills.

for all intensive purposes*

I used to be in the same position as you user. What really got me out of it was the pressing feeling that I needed to develop character as fast as possible before I reach the age where you stop become contented and stop developing as a person. I'm still in that mindset being only 20.

Find other hobbies that expand your knoweldge on something, read books on philosophy or learn programming. Read novels even. Take up sports if that's your thing. Most importantly though install Linux. Unironically once you get into that you'll be going down rabbit holes of tech stuff that'll help you learn skills about tech and set up your own cool things. Start on a laptop and rice it with something simple like Fedora then eventually move over to something like Debian on your main machine. Get a raspberry pi, and if you're running Linux you'll finally have ideas of what to do with it. That was my general journy, and now I hardly game at all I do so much tech shit in my spare time, and honestly I enjoy it way more.

Sell your PC or unplug it and place it in the basement. If you already live in the basement put it in the attic instead.
As long as you've got it in your face steam will always be easily accessible. If you got it, use a shitty laptop to navigate the interweb otherwise your cellphone, assuming there's no gayms on that thing too.

btw gayming addiction isn't some meme, it's a full blown medical condition, just like gambling or whores. Seek help if you really cannot stop but craving for games, maybe a psychologist can help you. Still, just like any addiction, your brain will pull trick on you, willpower is required.

Go for it my dude. Gaming is a waste of life.

Well everything is a waste of life, but gaming is just slightly more a waste.

i don't get it. due to my job I tend to have some downtime where I can't really leave my comfy room. so I tried getting into gaymen but holy fuck is that boring. I prefer to binge watch shitty netflix shows. how does one get into gaymen?

he said fascist. not communist.

I agree.

Because I grew up with friends who where gamers and because I now work in IT where some are gamers, I have always wanted to get into gaming. I have simply never been able to play a game more than 20 minutes before being so goddamn bored. And people are always like, just try this one amazing game, like Witcher 3 was a big one most pushed. So boring to play.

And I'm the type that can literally watch the same movie 10 times in a row and be entertained. Gaming is just impossible for me to get into.

What a boomer
How old are you?

28, so technically a millennial.

I was once like you, the first thing you need to realize is that all modern games are utter pieces of shit and soon you'll be free.

i was addicted to runescape

I'm 29. You'll stop or game considerably less when you meet someone and start a family. That's what happened to me around the same time I joined the Army and I game a couple hours a week now.

unironically install linux
>playing games is harder
>programming or other productive tech-related stuff is MUCH easier

I'm jealous of you dude. I can barely play video games anymore. I have this 3000 USD video gaymer PC and I don't even use it anymore

>meet someone and start a family
can you give me a step-by-step procedure on how to accomplish this? i'm almost done with college, for a frame of reference

>I'm addicted to PC videogames
How? everything is shit

Sell your gaymer set up

Get an ipad or a chromebook

Gayms haven’t been good in years

It was always my dream to get a degree an join the military. My family was poor and I had to leave high school early to work in the fields. I literally avoided everyone I used to know for years cause I was pretty much ashamed of not doing shit. Then one day I said fuck it and just started replying to women on Facebook and setting up dates. Eventually met my wife, we had a son, I joined the Army. Since then I've been getting my bachelor's paid for and only have 8 classes left. We've had a daughter. When I'm done with this they'll pay for my masters and I could use my gi bill when I get out for a PhD or split it amongst my kids. Joining was the best thing for me an my family. We live a good life honestly. I'd recommend it if you have a high tolerance for bullshit in order to reach your goals.

>army guy with gf
Are you ever worried about getting cucked and cheated on? I know a few guys in the military that went through multiple break ups and divorces that resulted from girls who cheated on them

Wife. No, I'm not worried. Those types are easy to spot. We were married before the Army. The type of people you're talking about get married while one is in and just rush into it. Plus, the guys it happens to are usually huge fucking dicks that think the wife won't leave cause she needs him so much. They're idiots.

When I was young I got really inspired and wanted to stop playing video games to focus on getting good grades and getting good money. I was able to quit after 2 months of trying. It is really easy to quit. Just replace playing video games with another activity (preferably not another dopamine sapping activity. so try meditation and reading).

So I stopped playing video games for many years. Now I feel like I want to get back into them. I've felt lost for quite some time. I have spent so much time thinking of what I want to be pursuing. I have tried so many things but I have never stuck with anything. Recently I was watching a twitch stream of a pro overwatch player and I felt that what i want to pursue is competitive gaming. I think I repressed my desire to play videogames and now I have to drown in my repression debt. Who knows if this is a good or bad thing. Probably a good thing desu. It feels good to do things you like.

Not sure if you will fall into the same fate I have, but what I can say is quitting videogames by repression will only lead you to falling back into it years later. Ask yourself why you want to quit. Do you not like playing videogames or do you not like the image of you playing videogames. Because in the case of the image, you have to come to terms with accepting what you like, that is who you are. You can't runaway from what you like for long, it will always catch up. When people say be yourself this is the core of what they are saying. If you want to quit because you don't like playing, then just go through the motions and you will never have to think of rodeogames again. Love to you brother.

/thread

>thinking it wont happen to you.
good luck filing for divorce years later when you find your wife balls deep with a nigger.

then the regrets start and> you would think damn I should of stayed single playing video games.

Gotta play RTS. The matches only last about 10 minutes anyway.

Install Gentoo

Once I got to college I became too busy to really get into anything. I go back and forth between Minecraft and Fallout because I can play them whenever I want without coordinating with friends. Maybe a couple hours a week.

Make yourself too busy to play

Proton is a thing now
You have no excuse

>I'm addicted to PC videogames and i want to quit because i wanna do something worth with my life instead of wasting my time.
Get a console and jailbreak it. It's more convenient, you'll ease out of your obsession with benchmarks and you'll play slightly less solely due to your games being sectioned off.

>Also i want to uninstall Microsoft Botnet but i can't because of the games.
There's the above, or you could just get a cheap Thinkpad and do everything besides gaming/CAD there.

1. Grow a set of nuts.
2. Get a fucking life.
3. ???
4. Profit

This.

Uninstall botnet first.

Immediately go on luddite vacation for at least 3 weeks.

Come back to freedom.

Are you me?