Is Mr. Robot written for normies who want to look and feel like they know tech?

I just watched this clip: youtube.com/watch?v=nyOepG93wSI It looks a lot like normie fodder to me.

Any real hacker knows that digital logic is more complicated than "Computers speak in ones and zeros, yo!" That's the oversimplified, Niel Degrass Tyson, explain-like-i'm-five version of computer logic.

Attached: 3047577-poster-p-1-mr-robot-on-usa.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@ryankazanciyan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Mr. Robot written for normies
wew lad, you only caught that up now? the first episode was all i needed to not want to follow the series, and i never did. and, as expected, normie friends say the like it.

Oh God... It's new season, right? All faggots and imbeciles will spam Jow Forums again with this show...
Fuck off cunt back to

From the technical side it's actually pretty sophisticated. It's not like the "Die Hard" flashy blinky blinky UI hacking shit.

medium.com/@ryankazanciyan

>Is Mr. Robot written for normies who want to look and feel like they know tech
Yes

i just binge watched the first season to see why people liked this shit

it was meh, not a whole lot of hacking, a lot more of "i'm crazy, i'm a schizo, i talk to my dad, i'm super addicted to morphine and suboxine"

and for fuck sake everyone had easily guessable passwords, literally "my mother's maiden name plus my birth year reversed", does no one fucking use keepass or some shit? fucking morons

but oh right, if they actually had any sense in them and used proper security, this retard protagonist wouldn't be able to do shit, fuck, he shat himself when he went against a WPA2 wifi

If your baseline comparison is "die hard" hacking, then sure, it is sophisticated. But it's still nowhere near anything I would consider remotely realistic.

>hurr durr reddit spacing

no, season 4 (final season) arrives in 2019

You didn't get this after the fist episode?

>le lonely autist faggot honeypotting pedos in TOR
>le ebin hacker at day with a qt crush that hes to much of a pussy to approach
>careless apartment just like Neo!
>commuting on a bicycle

I couldn't get past the first one

It’s a highly stylized piece of crap

>muh slightly green tint just like matrix
>highly stylized

kill yourself

Why did Mr. Robot get canceled anyway? It seemed fairly popular.

careless apartment is pretty accurate tho

Accurate but cliché. I'm guessing that's what user's point was.

Story is getting shit and just dragging on.

Can you give me an example of what you consider to be a good "hakkur" tv or movie?

They are all shit. Real hacking is boring as fuck and full of social recluses.

The girl with the dragoon tattoo (Swedish version, not the American remake) is pretty decent.

the show is about camera shot aesthetics, realism is secondary

Attached: 1511675352430.jpg (2633x2333, 1021K)

I bet 5 shekels the next season will include
>meltdown / spectre
>JavaScript crypto miner
>old school wiretapping

>he doesnt live in his mom's basement
>he doesnt have a waifu
>he has sex in the first episode
this is about as unrealistic as it gets

That and the soundtrack, the way they turn diegetic into extra-diegetic and the other way around and the sudden cuts on both is pretty neat. I really enjoy what i hear in this series.

cyberpunk for the average normie poser faggot

>finale season
Either one of the following
>Elliot dies a hero. Future events are open ended.
>it was all a dream lmao. Next event mirrors the first episode

>real hacker
kek

>tfw remember when it first came out Jow Forums was going nuts about the r9k and Jow Forums references

>"my mother's maiden name plus my birth year reversed"

A lot of people do still legitimately use passwords like this and it's terrible.

If they do the “it was all a dream” thing a fourth time, I’m going to fucking track down esmail and gut him with a hunting knife.

Mr. Robot is the Bazinga for normies.

Do you know any real hacker?

Is that considered a hakkur movie? I've not seen the swedish version but the american one, which I assume is just the same plot but in english, was more of a crime action/thriller.

it'll be
>elliot and tyrell have homo sex

Oh, I see what you asked for. Yeah, no it’s not a hackur movie at all, it’s a crime thriller. To answer your question then, no I don’t know any hackur movies that are realistic at all because as you said real hacking is boring.

The first one was fight club
The second one was unreliable narrator
The third one I'm not quite sure. I thought it was time travel but it more likely was illuminati deep state is in charge. It was also lots of "butthurt about president trump"

If fourth and last is "it was all a dream" I wouldn't be suprised.

I am going to blow your mind OP
>sometimes things on TV are exaggerated for dramatic effect

i think it was originally supposed to be a movie. now they split the four acts into their own season instead.

Would explain why it drags on.

It went from decent hacking show, to show about schizophrenia, to sci-fi involving time travel/alternate dimensions. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that is why it isn't popular anymore. Who the fuck knows where its going in season 4.
The schizophrenia was cool when it was just him hallucinating one guy and that forwarded the plot, but then it worked up to us seeing a completely alternate reality and he was like "oh yeah, I've actually been in prison the last 4 episodes and none of that happened."
The sci-fi is what killed it though.

Alternate timeline for sure, but I don’t know where the time travel aspect comes in at all? I mean, they are obviously flashbacks.

lol sci-fi, what's next?

Attached: DMR1G9QW4AEmgMA.jpg (508x386, 17K)

Newfag

The Jewish girl is hot though

Wait has it been shown that the asian dudes project is an alternate timeline thing? I didn't notice him say anything about alternate timelines, wasn't sure if he was doing alternate dimensions/timelines or time travel.
Alternate timelines are cooler than time travel imo.

It's about as real as TV/movie hacking is ever going to get. Several episodes show him typing code that is directly taken from the metasploit project.

This is normie shit, right? Pinging google and calling it an attack kind of stuff.

Attached: Untitled.png (657x204, 16K)

It’s an alternate timeline in the sense that the global economy didn’t fucking collapse in 2012 or when the show is supposed to be, and that the Chinese didn’t exploit this collapse to get trump elected to office.

seconding this

tyrell is such a fucking retard, he fucks whoever he sees on the street so long as he gets his favours

don't talk like this about Ethan's wife

What r9k reference?

>>he has sex in the first episode
Prostitutes doesn't count.

Install KDE

Attached: face.jpg (1920x1080, 399K)

Attached: SwedenYES.webm (640x360, 1.33M)

Its as close to real life as an entertaining TV show is ever gonna get.

No, the hacking is all very realistic. People are just upset that Elliot isn't a basement dweller that watches anime.

kys

>Niel Degrass Tyson,
thats what you get when you let americans make documentaries instead of the british, leave it to us brits and keep your uneducated population

>Is written for normies
Go figure

Being a total weirdo

the whole plot could have been avoided if he bought drugs off the darknet

Implying you're not a normie

a true Jow Forums show is POI

Attached: cfZJOMYrEvpROsu-800x450-noPad.jpg?1523764938.jpg (800x450, 70K)

I love Mr Robot, kinda worried about them cutting a season when the director said from the beginning it was supposed to be 5 seasons, not 4 like now. And the fact that he's now working on a different show in tandem only makes it more sketchy.

rope yourself

I enjoyed Person of Interest.

>lyingsoyface.png

if the whole show was like the pilot ep but like burn notice (get hired to do a job, etc) it might have been a decent show
>get hired by victim to go after big corp boss
>"hack" into network
>find out hes a pedo
>anonymously call police
>end

this whole i've gone crazy and can see my dad in my head bs is shit

>watches a clip on youtube
>whole show sucks, i'm very smart

yep, OP not fucking retarded at all

it's a "I deeply identify with the moody brooding faggot protagonist" show

Here's an extra (you) so you go elsewhere to post that shit

It's completely braindead

yeah im pretty sure they did a one shot episode, it looked pretty cool

based
cringe

Yeah, it was pretty nice. There was a lot of silly background actors just tossing sheets of papers around and at one point you could see the main character do the autismo run in the background

It's nothing but 1/3 2/3 shots ad nauseum with occasional closeups on faces for additional awkwardness.

Lot of /reddit/ easter eggs in the background too to fuel up those crazy reddit theory threads. Like obvious picture of a white rose while discussing chinese hackers when they visited the mother.

Nice tech immersion though. the consultants are doing their jobs well

German movie whoami has realistic hacking (if you can ignore their artistic license at using metro train as irc chanel)

It's not nerd blackface like the Bazinga show, at least.

Reddit spacing is where spacing is used for fake dramatic effect, as if everyone was holding their breath waiting for your next amazing sentence. That post was not reddit spacing.

But if I spaced things out like this...

Well, friend.

That would be reddit spacing.

/teleports off into the sunset

I think they blew their wad too early. Where do they do from the ending of Fight Club?
Apparently all that's left is magic.

So Jow Forums, do you use Gnome?

>Normie friends like it, so it must be bad

Hello there captain authismo

The "function" of that scene was to communicate to normies that Wellick wasn't ignorant or old fashioned. I suppose that about sums up the show. Good(ish) drama and symbolic tech stuff.

They wrote the first season off of Jow Forums, the authors themselves said it. Much of it was collective writing.

>liking what normies like
commit seppuku

Friend told me about this gay shit and and was pretty euphoric about it. All I did for the sake of being polite was watching one episode with him and cringed. The same friend also asked me if I wanted 'to learn hacking' after he finished Watch Dogs 2. I don't understand normies

Holocaust never happened!

seppuku yourself

best technology-related show I've seen

Actually it's because otherwise reddit just puts everything on one line. Do you not use reddit? What kind of Jow Forums user even are you?

>MC not a NEET
>not friendless autist
>not animu wathing time
>no loli wallpaper
>no hugging pillow
>no fapping at hentai
>hacks without rainbow socks
>cares about other people
>no shitposting all day
>uses GNOME insteaf of i3+polybar
>no Thinkpad laptop
They wrote the first off of Jow Forums,
...as Jow Forums appears on television.

HN does that as well. What the fuck is wrong with those sites?

The guy has an actual osananajimi in his life, at his age. That alone makes it impossible for me to relate to him.

Are you mentally disabled OP? It's a TV Show. Meant for entertaining y'know

If it's automatic, then why would someone pressing enter be considered a reddit spacer?
I'm going to just point out the obvious, which is that reddit users are goobers who want to be approved of and thanked, but they are also useful sources of information. Who really gets mad at them? Who the fuck cares?

you

have

to

go

back

Attached: reddit spacing.png (866x475, 53K)

This man knows what's good.

your're completley braindead

Most people I know have a shit password like that.

I liked the first few episodes, but I stopped watching after the filthy homo sex scene. They just can't help but poz everything up.

Fast and Furious is to /o/ as Mr robot is to Jow Forums

Attached: 200.gif (449x200, 303K)

>what's a paragraph