Is there anyone based enough to make a version of python with brackets?

I love python I just fucking hate indenting. Plz create something like pic related

Attached: pythonwithbrackets.png (770x134, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mathialo/bython
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nim has support for both brackets and indents syntax

you indented the body of your function though...

Because I wanted to, not because I had to, I like using both

package main

import "fmt"

func main() {
fmt.Println("eat a bag of dicks op")
}

you don't seriously think
from faggot import OP
def main{
print "OP is a faggot"
}

looks good, do you?

No, I just prefer brackets

Joke is on us, OP just wants javascript.

>I just fucking hate indenting
why are you a braindead nigger who hates proper looking code

Everyone in this thread is retarded. I want a version of python that USES BRACKETS TO DELINEATE. I still will bracket because it looks good, you dumb faggots

you’re the one who said you hate indenting, make up your subhuman mind.
>I will still bracket
English, motherfucker

def main(): # {
print("Op thinks this looks good") #;
#}

You mean Lily or Pike?
Good news, they also have fixed type checking.

You mean Qore?
As a bonus, it has fixed multithreading.

You mean JavaScript?
You may also look forward for less pretense that the language has proper support for product types.

>Not making OP a child class of lgbt.homo
Do you even oop?

you mean C?
#include
void main() {
printf("OP needs to git gud\n");
}

Never mind unused imports. DO YOU EVEN LINT BRO

>preferring inheiritance when it’s not needed
Flat is better than nested.

It’s not about indenting looking good but one misplaced whitespace fucking up program flow, and python being a ballache to debug because of it.
You should indent your shit, but the language shouldn’t rely on consistent indenting when it uses spaces and not tabs.

funny, we use python at work and nobody gets assblasted about whitespace. maybe it’s just you and a couple other faggots

I cannot deny that, it’s almost certainty the case.

>and python being a ballache to debug because of it.
INDENTION ERROR? NOOOOO GRUG DO NOT KNOW THIS TOO HARD FOR GRUG

Attached: 1524812171030.png (798x490, 183K)

lol’d pretty fucking hard

Try copying code and having it get messed up you dumb faggto

kek.

>Copying code

you're using a shit editor

Yeah well my editor is your mom so how bout that

Attached: zoomer.gif (931x682, 532K)

my sides

you’re copying shit code and using a shit ide

Came here to post this

It's actually already supported, it's just not very popular for obvious reasons.
from __future__ import braces

You weren't suppose to show him that.

i hate indenting as well

Nim is just python done right

Attached: 2018-09-04_06h51_13.png (343x42, 2K)

pip3 --user install brython
bython source.by arg1 arg2 ...

s/brython/bython
brython is another thing

this is a good idea, then it wouldn't be so fucking hard to make python preprocessors

>:set paste
>Mouse3
>^V...arrows...d
Wow that was hard

Nim is compiled you nimrod. They are completely different.

>Tracking a stack of whitespace length is harder than a stack of brackets
wew

>void main
fucking disgusting

Attached: C18BEA3C-8FF4-4D0D-9461-E8163C85949F.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

Fuck off, Joan

imagine being this extra

Damn, beat me to it.

More like JavaScript, especially the newer standards.

Literally how.

Is this virus?

I'm new into programming but javascript and this public-printIn-niggerbracketshit looks like goddamn cancer by now to me.

I rather focus on chad python for the first 4 months and carry on to fucking ruby on rails or java.

You can use brackets and still indent you stupid porchmonkey

>misplace whitespace
>IDE alerts you about the issue
>fix it within a second

Wow, so hard.

make a python script that takes a retarded .py file and outputs a good .py file with proper whitespace based on the graphs from input file

>not writing a python script to format bracketed code into indented code

> carry on to ROR
Dont do that m8. Please don't hurt yourself with webshit stuff. Literally only retards get into web dev

I worked with python developing and maintaining a few small apps (less than 10k each) and recently made the switch to Kotlin full time. I absolute adore the language, mostly because it was a lot closer to Python than to Java. I was up and running in the lang doing serious work in less than a day.

Its not an interpreted language so you do have to compile whatever you write but besides that it is very compatible for python developers I believe.

github.com/mathialo/bython
There you go, OP. There is also Hy for a superior Lisp syntax and macros. The dev is a cunt, though.

What do you write Kotlin in? What did you use to write Python in? The workflow must be pretty different between the two, especially considering Kotlin is compiled and the JVM takes a while to start up.

Mostly back-end stuff. Last two things I wrote in Python and Kotlin were multithreaded socket servers and some fun math visualization using opengl shaders.

>What do you write Kotlin in?
not
>What do you write in Kotlin?
I was asking about your development setup: editors, IDEs, etc. That's the interesting part to me because it's hard for me to tolerate a JVM IDE (they're sluggish) and Java, a language to which Kotlin is closely related, sucks to write without one.

Oh well that question I can answer even more enthusiastically. I was a long time user of Komodo IDE when I worked with Python and always thought it was such a handy IDE. Then I started using IntelliJ. Holy fucking shitballs its amazing, I have never used an IDE quite like it. The auto complete is extremely intelligent as well as the ability to generate code form incomplete statements and the like. The day I pasted some Java code into my kotlin app so I could reference the code without changing windows I was floored when IntelliJ asked me if I wanted to convert the Java code to Kotlin code. And the amazing thing was it actually worked correctly lol. I've used code converters once or twice before and they usually work but leave a few things needing to be tweaked.

I cannot sing the praises of IntelliJ enough and I only wish I knew about it when I started doing python development (there is a python plugin for intelliJ)

I should add that theres this whole thing with Maven and Gradle for Java and Kotlin that I havent even scratched the surface of yet but appears to be quite important to the larger projects. So thats something to be cognizant of I guess.

#include
void main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
printf("OP is a stupid nigger");
return 0;
}

> void main
if (OP.isGay() == true)

O FUGG BYTHON? :DDD IS SNAEG!! :DDD :DD

:DDd