R8

r8

Attached: 20180829_224333_HDR-2328x1746.jpg (2328x1746, 716K)

Other urls found in this thread:

item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.49.6ef75505C0ZTvo&id=524390185071&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail
youtube.com/watch?v=JsV6ryk35R8
techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080_PCI_Express_Scaling/3.html
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Titan-X-Performance-PCI-E-3-0-x8-vs-x16-851/
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Impact-of-PCI-E-Speed-on-Gaming-Performance-518/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does opening up the back help at all on those torture chambers.
>cheap Phanteks
>never again

1/10 should of used a micro ATX case

>1/10 should of used a micro ATX case
You are like baby

Attached: DSC_0326.jpg (3840x2160, 3.2M)

>micro ATX
Real man use a full-size ATX.

Put the 3 noctua fans in front and the bottom fractal as outtake, and then report back

you could remove 3 of those fans and still get the same cooling performance. your likely making the case airflow worse while adding extra noise.

sadly, this

>gpu sag imminent
>meme off color fan/cooler
>no drives or not enough
>only fans are on rear/top of case

4/10

>case window
You must be over 18 to post here.

looks like a computer to me my dude

Attached: carub.jpg (500x706, 115K)

the future. putting hardware in cases 10-20x the size they need to be to get optimal performance even with OC is sad.

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (1200x900, 239K)

empty case

>2k18
>not use thinkpad t61 ~30$

sexy case. didn't they announce support for a 240/280mm radiator with a bigger case on top? hypothetically can you cool both CPU and GPU with a single 240/280mm?

Plenty of room for a vodka based cpu cooling system.

no point using watercooling in a case that's only 8L in size then you cant take it on planes.

some guys are working on better HSF cpu coolers and once the cases ship in a week or two we will start to see proper benchmarks of how case performs.

fyi you can get a 50$ version that uses same cad files from Taobao

item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.49.6ef75505C0ZTvo&id=524390185071&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail

Don't you 404 on me

Attached: 2018-09-03 (guts).jpg (2000x1785, 473K)

Childhood is wanting a fuckhuge tower to impress your friends.
Adulthood is realizing ATX is a complete waste of space, thus more money spent in the long run.

>some guys are working on better HSF cpu coolers and once the cases ship in a week or two we will start to see proper benchmarks of how case performs.
good to know. will keep an eye on that

even SLI isn't a excuse for ATX any more. lewl.

Attached: Supported by all new Z370, some Z270, few Z170, Q170, (one Z97 chipset,) and both ASROCK X99 and X29 (1024x492, 837K)

Is that the Ghost S1? You can't even buy that anywhere...

Don't mind me enjoying my 5 pcie slots and better VRMs pcielets.

its shipping to like 10,000 people right now every one will have one in a handful of days.

your pcie slots are useless you only have 16 pcie lanes. if you use more than one pcie card or nvme and put it in the wrong slot that's not the "free 4x slot" from your chipset then your GPU gets 10% less fps.

ATX motherboards for consumer cpus are sold as a scam to make you think you can upgrade your computer like the good old days. you cant your limited to 16lanes even on 9900k.

ATX only makes sense for Xprocessors and Threadripper. otherwise your cucked for owning one.

ITX overclock better than ATX even with 6/8 phase vrm because they only have 2dim slots and that makes them more stable than the 4dim slot ATX and no leaving the dim empty doesn't fit that its to do with the chipset/controller shit.

I have a 2990WX and 64 threads, thank you very much.

Also, stop being retarded with the 9900k bullshit. No one wants that CPU, no matter how much you shill it, not when the 2950x is the same price and gives 16 cores with 64 pcie lanes and ecc support. You are trying to make it sound as if the 9900k is even remotely a big shot. But I will sit here with my 64 threads AND 64 pcie lanes on my two 1080s running in x16 each.

Yea because they supported the kickstarter run like a year ago.

How does a raiser affect performance? Are there any drawbacks due to interference or something? Raiser doubles the number of connectors and cable is way longer as well. There must be some kind of drawbacks during transmission...

>No one wants that CPU
Speak for yourself, I build my pc only for gaming and you'd have to be seriously amd biased to say that 16 ryzen cores at 4ghz are better than 8 intel cores at 5ghz when you consider only gaming.

Windows are for fags.

>muh 5 fps
The 9900k will perform exactly like it's higher core count counterparts. It even features the same huge delta between boost and stock speeds like the 7980xe. It will be just like ryzen 3 in terms of single core performance, except ryzen 3 will have higher multicore by the time the 9900k releases AND for a lesser price. You are talking about a 800$ processor that performs the same as a 400-500$ processor in gayming and WAY worse in anything that actually matters outside gaming, which is the reason people buy better cpus for nowadays. Even the suits at intel know how bad things are, how can you keep pretending ? Geez user.

If you think that 9900k will be equal to ryzen 3 in any way you must be seriously delusional, and who are you to tell people what to buy their cpus for, did you fail to read my post? Jesus you amd drones are the worst, I understand ryzen is better in some scenarios and ryzen has it's place in the market but it's not as good for gaming which is my sole point.
>muh 5 fps
youtube.com/watch?v=JsV6ryk35R8
Here have a real comparison of threadripper vs intel, literally in the first tomb raider test sometimes the difference between cpus is as large as 100 fps, are you still going to call it marginal?

runs both cards in 8x. which is fine really. ive seen benchmarks saying 8x vs 16x makes like 5% fps diference with sli 980ti but I think it might make 0 diference with modern cards not sure.

>glass
Into the Trash

I literally said X and threadripper is fine to still use ATX.

normal cpu and ryzen don't belong on ATX because their boards literally have more 5 more slots than they can run so its just a marketing gimic.

if you filled up 2-3 of your pcie lanes on a ryzen or normal intel ATX your gpu would only perform at like 30% of its performance because it would be running it 4x mode.
even with 1 extra pcie card you loose like 10%fps.

its a scam ATX isn't for consumer cpu its for the extreme ones ONLY.

I'd gladly use matx if they made good boards.

Wrong, the gpu would run at 8x if you populated the second x16 slot, even at 4x you wouldn't lose that much performance.

Attached: build01.jpg (4160x3120, 1.23M)

no you dumb ass if you put even a 4x pcie card in the one that's not the "free 4x slot from chipset" it would already run in 8x with a single card.

put another one NOT EVEN IN the 16x slot even a 1x or 2x pcie card and your gpu is at 4x and that's with only 2 cards.

its shit and matx is also shit.

you can get ITX with VRM just as good as ATX and can clock actually higher because 2dims make them more stable at lower volts. do some research dumbass. your buying big shit because you always have and it makes you feel powerful. ITX isn't even more expensive your just not getting it because your a retard and want your case to feel full but still be unusable.

run your card at 4x then idiot. my 980 gets 10fps in pubg at 4x. it gets 70 at 16x. your just a fat atx owner living in the past convincing yourself its superior still atx literally only exists for consumer cpus to manipulate people into thinking they get their moneys worth.

9/10. Too much storage. Makes me suspicious (that you molest children).

I didn't mean ryzen 3, as in Ryzen 3 the processor, but instead as Ryzen 3000. If you are going technical because you are wrong, be my guest. But thank you for linking a 1950x video and proving my point about you being outright dishonest. Imagine my shock from receiving a productivity cpu tested in gaming, and starting it out with a game notorious for being poorly optimized for AMD? Something, something, paying devs to run their games better on certain platforms, so much so you apparently "forgot" to mention the "Witcher 3" benchmark with literally the same fps on both platforms, IN THE SAME VIDEO? I could very easily have linked you a Hitman benchmark with AMD destroying intel. Do what you must but the 1950x did what it needed to: that is, ACTUAL PRODUCTIVITY PERFORMANCE PER DOLLAR ( please tell me if the term sounds alien to an intel fangay). If you want gaming performance then get Zen+, or better yet wait for Ryzen 3000 whose chips are going to be made by TSMC instead of Global foundries (hence why I said intel's days as a singlecore king are over). What is going to be the defense if it happens? When you don't have even the 5 fps gain? I told you: even the businessmen at Intel know what is going to happen. Why don't you?

>Adulthood is realizing ATX is a complete waste of space, thus more money spent in the long run.
the define s is literally $60

what's the difference between raw hdd storage and storage

Pretty good. I had that case before I got fed up with the shit-tier temps.

Attached: ProfileRig.jpg (3024x4032, 2.36M)

That's now how that works you fucking mongoloid. There are slots that are directly fed by the cpu and then slots that are fed by the chipset. For instance: On an AM4 motherboard you have 4 lanes dedicated to M.2_1, then 16 lanes shared between PCIEx16_1, and PCIEx16_2. All other PCIE slots go through the chipset fed by a completely independent 4x 3.0 lanes down scaled into PCIE 2.0. The only exception to this is the x470 Crosshair which steals lanes from the gpu in order to run M.2_2 as a full direct to cpu 4x 3.0.

Pic related this has been tested over and over, the Titan V is the first card to even lose ANY performance going from 16x3.0 to 8x3.0 Full article if you care to look for yourself over the individual games they used. When I bought my board ITX didn't even exist on AM4, by the way.

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080_PCI_Express_Scaling/3.html

Puget systems has also done testing on this multiple times. pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Titan-X-Performance-PCI-E-3-0-x8-vs-x16-851/ Titan X Pascal.

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Impact-of-PCI-E-Speed-on-Gaming-Performance-518/
Titan X Maxwell

Attached: pcielane scaling.png (500x1466, 122K)

The Titan V also loses some performance, and most likely the next RTX lineup will also do so ( Nvidia has been starving their cards of bandwidth ever since Maxwell was out).

If you could read you'd see I specifically mentioned the Titan V being the first gpu to ever lose performance dropping from 16x to 8x on 3.0. And the next RTX as in what's coming out this month, or next gen? Because the cards coming out this month aren't fast enough to even care about any potential loss from 16x vs 8x.

Raw = all the hard drives' storage combined (two 8TB drives = 16TB raw/total)

But I'm doing RAID 1 (mirroring the drives against eachother so that I don't lose anything if a drive dies). So I only get 8TB usable storage.

I thought I read X, chill dude. But yeah I truly meant the ones coming out this month. 4600ish CUDA cores seems to be where the dropoff starts, so I was thinking maybe the 2080ti might feature bandwidth issues.

980ti sli runs 10-15% slower on 8x compared to 16x. lots of benchmarks of that.

that means like even 1070 will suffer from 8x thou maybe not a 1060 much. but that doesn't even have sli.

The guy literally sent you benchmarks disproving your claim and you still come out with this? Amazing.
>Please sir do the needful

1/10 for posting the same shit over and over. Will you autists stop doing this. Post your shit once or twice and leave it.

>have giant tower that only cost $60
>have to lug it around during moves
>have to get a bigger house/apartment unless you want it taking up 30% of the available space in a room
>too heavy to place on a table/stand, so has to be placed directly on the ground where dust will damage components, unless numerous filters are installed

which case is this?

Looks really clean aside from cable management, I like empty looking cases. Get custom cables and instead of routing them through those holes route them behind the motherboard.
The one thing I don't like about cases like that are the random mounting holes everywhere (look at that mess around your drive mounts in the front). If you aren't using a bunch of mounting holes you should cover them with something like piece of painted acrylic, its cheap and looks pretty.

rate me

Attached: guts.jpg (1861x1632, 365K)

Sorry thought you were the other guy. 2080 ti is 4352 cuda cores. It's smaller than the Titan V. It might lose some performance going from 16x to 8x, but it won't be enough to even care about. By the time there's any legitimate significant losses from 3.0 8x modern platforms will be rocking PCIE 4.0.

Who do you think people would rather believe? Well known reviewers / system integrators? Or some sperg who doesn't know how PCIE lanes are populated on a motherboard not even providing a source to their claims?

The fuck do you make your desks out of? MDF board?

At a glance it looks like the white version of the meshify-C. But not really sure.

Spacious / 10

Where are your disk drives?

Pardon the flash

Attached: 20180903_194025.jpg (2078x1930, 1.94M)

Why did you buy a case that large if you're not going to use the space?

>2018
>Still using bulky desktops

Attached: mhm.jpg (700x667, 45K)

BUT BUTTT I BROUGHT ATX BEACUSE IT WAS BIG AND GOOD ITS GOOD RIGHT IT HAS TO BE GOOD SOURCE PLEASE~!~!

meanwhile my ghost S1 at 5.3ghz 9900k 2080ti will pwn your rig that's 15x larger your numbat.

Attached: lololair.jpg (1080x1080, 219K)

>all this size matters talk when mATX is the literal master race
don't mind me

Attached: triguts.jpg (3000x1000, 821K)

If doing a desktop, make it SFF or kys yourself, because there's nothing you could possibly be doing that requires anything larger.
Pic related. It's my old build before I sold it and bought a laptop for portability; eGPU when at home.

Attached: IMG_20170406_192038_01.jpg (1456x1500, 554K)

based little noc poster
based seasonic poster
based sardineposter
based reference480poster
based lightingposter
based indigoposter
ultra based
based flashposter
neat cleanposter
based australiaposter

Attached: grap.jpg (1483x1170, 285K)

You should probably re-read things, I wasn't speaking against small form factor systems at all. It just wasn't an option for me at the time.

>My 5.3ghz 9900k in SFF
Good luck with that.

I personally think mATX is the perfect size for 90% of use cases, unfortunately the AM4 mATX boards are all trash.Hell, even most of the modern Intel matx boards are pretty shit. My favorite thing is the people arguing that ITX doesn't cost more even though it actually costs quite a bit more at the high end.

Nice build by the way.

I don't care if it "wasn't a option" next time you buy a PSU buy a SFX one not a SFX-L a SFX one ok bitch? don't worry about case prices they coming down you can already get a 50$ clone of the ghost S1 from Taobao called the a50 geeek

you can stay on ATX as long as your using your current PSU then your coming ITX ok bitch?

well ill let you stay ATX if you keep using current mobo but next mobo you go ITX even in your big dumb boy case and then wait for PSU to need replacing and go SFF case.

be a good little bitchboy

I'm gonna build an ATX AM4 system in a super tower just to piss you off.

do as you please ATX is fine my retarded ITX project isn't even built still compliing components and stressing over what cooler to use or wait for to be made. prob going to burn my house down.

>ghost S1
unironically how is this case? I have a full tower right now that I got for free that I've been using but it takes up so much space. I would like to put a 2950wx and whatever new gpu amd is coming out with Q4 2018 or a 20 series goyvidia card.

ill tell you in a month.

I had a hearty chuckle at this so thanks for that.

don't you fucking lie to me

Attached: i'll be waiting.png (1501x183, 15K)

you can always put numerous small components into big cases but you can never put a few big components into small cases. always end up having to pay a premium for a SFF case or shit that will work/fit in a SFF case.

down the road you might want to add more stuff to your rig (hdds, raid controller, pcie ssd, 10gig ethernet, new sound card, second gpu, second ethernet port, liquid cooling, optical drive, additional USB ports, etc) and in an SFF setup you are limited or you just cant do fuck all about it.

BTW putting your computer on the desktop is just a waste of space. is babby too fat to reach down and press the power switch?

>down the road you might want to add more stuff to your rig
That's what I thought too when I bought my full ATX case and motherboard years ago. Only ever had a GPU and never had a need to add any of that, specially with how newer boards might come with some of those things by the time you need a newer one. I still regret not getting a smaller form factor.

I think you meant mini-itx

so how do you add more storage then?

based

thanks friend

Attached: 1498889345173.jpg (671x665, 62K)

I'm trying to find a liquid cooled Vega 64 but they're literally impossible to find.
Woe is me.

Also 7/10 it's cute.

Attached: vega & ryzen.jpg (2560x1110, 1.48M)

i like how the top fan blows cold air from the front fans out of the case

Watercooling you say...

Attached: Hogs2.webm (1280x720, 2.41M)

mine

Attached: Screenshot_20180904-112039_Photos.jpg (1080x2220, 1.07M)

the little gremlin cave its in

Attached: Screenshot_20180904-112217_Photos.jpg (2220x1080, 748K)

why no gpu

rate my pile of trash

Attached: 2667v2-2.jpg (1328x747, 342K)

not a gaymer so I got a 2400g instead

get a ITX motherboard with 2x M.2 slots that's effectively 2x 4x pcie slots via adpaper . lots of people watercool Dan A4 its literally designed for it and watercooling a larger system is retarded because the best aircoolers do just as good.

I agree HDD is problem but im going to get one of these and use 2.5inch bays like cassettes/floppy disks.

I agree the cases are expensive and not optimally designed yet but I got a 50$ one from china that im adding my own panels to so its basically a custom job so I can add a 2.5inch drive etc. its going to be awesome ill post picks in acouple months. its early days but ill report back if 100% of our computers should be itx 8L in the future. I think the answer will be yes once people build better cases for this size.

Attached: starteck.jpg (500x500, 43K)

r8 m8

Attached: IMG_9181.jpg (4000x3000, 3.78M)

needs more dust

where's everything else