This kills the JavaScript

This kills the JavaScript

Attached: 1_Xyu4bi_LCqzU4f0wJIrSgA.jpg (1000x531, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pnfsoftware.com/reversing-wasm.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not meant to kill Javascript though and most implementation of it rely on javascript. Not to mention you're not actually supposed to write in web assembly. It's meant for other languages to compile to it.

>bloat *= 1.5
welcome to the future!

Javscript numale """"devs"""" are too brainlet to even get it to work, I'm guessing it's not going to take off in the mainstream just because of this fact.
And even if they got it to work, they're not going to write C, C++, nor Rust so there's that.

It also kills ad blockers.

Eh? Can it load a URL that the blocker denies?

It also kills whatever is left of open web. Every web site is going to be closed, completely un-reverse engineer-able monolith with no human readable code.

So is it a fight between companies wanting their site to be closed source and baseddevs who don't want anything to do with compiled languages?

It's really only for performance heavy things (ie: a replacement to flash games) and shit like that. There's no reason to use it otherwise.

Adblockers in their current form have no way to inspect and block stuff from webassembly.

Don't have to, adblockers work by blocking domains. Advertisers can't trust the websites to serve the content themselves.

The idea behind WebAssembly was not to replace JavaScript but to give raw non-GC execution on the client side.

What the idea behind WebAssembly originally started as was a way to communicate directly to the pump in my real doll so it will suck my dick as I am chatting with cam whores all day.

Use TypeScript or Dart. Browsers are eventually going to support native, non-transpiled TypeScript at this rate, and there has been special builds of Chrome with native Dart support from day one.

>TypeScript

Attached: file.png (320x182, 18K)

Sell me on Typescript or Dart. Why should I care when JS is good enough?

Your webpage needs more frameworks if it wants to stay competitive in today's market. Even a simple homepage should have social functions, be all on one page with navigation down through Javascript and API requests, have a splash screen, take at least 10 seconds to load over high speed internet, and lag to hell on anything less than an i7.

You had me sold at "needs more frameworks".

Attached: 1530991338510.png (680x521, 94K)

Not really.
Typescript is essentially still Javascript, and assemblyscript is ts compiled to wasm.
If this really takes off, majority will do ts -> wasm over c / rust -> wasm.

>performance heavy things (ie: a replacement to flash games)
flash games redone in javascript are disgustingly slower

Attached: tomcruiselatghter 123.png (500x303, 169K)

>TypeScript
Has almost no type safety. More than JavaScript, sure, but basically it'll only check your typos. lol structural types and bivariance

>Dart
Assumes the programmer is a retard. See their rationale for making all generics covariant.

Also chrome had a dart vm be at Google wrote dart. But we're a few years down the road and dart adoption failed. Google is on board with typescript now, see angular 2

Shut the fuck up, no it doesn't.

lol
you do know wasm lowers the bloat by sole merit of not being JS

We're talking about webassembly gramps.

It's mostly JS, though.

>you do know wasm lowers the bloat by sole merit of not being JS

You can't use wasm without JS and, sadly, most implementations of wasm in browsers rely heavily on JS behind the scenes.

and I hope Blazor kills React/Angular

thank you, no more framework nightmares! Now I can program in obscure scripting languages so I stay hireable until old age.

>completely un-reverse engineer-able monolith

Not really, pnfsoftware.com/reversing-wasm.pdf

>C/C++, Rust, Go, C#
>obscure

sure cunt

WebAssembly is basically trying to be the new Java Applets and Flash, but built into the browser, and thus subject to the same sandboxing browsers today already attempt with web pages.
Funny enough, I've seen a lot of projects that just wanna make it another JVM, with some implementations planning a whole API around it and all. It'll be interesting to see if WASM actually does replace Javascript (whenever browsers get around to implementing an API for modules to use without needing Javascript glue-code), or if it'll go as Java did and just become a "universal VM" that happens to have browser support.

>there has been special builds of Chrome with native Dart support from day one.
Only because Google originally wanted Dart to be a direct competitor of Javascript, and for all the other browsers to eventually build the VM in. They dropped this angle ages ago.
TypeScript tho might actually become official, by way of "extending" the currently existing Javascript spec, or something. Kinda doubt it tho.

There are proposals for host APIs, that wasm binaries should be able to make use of to completely bypass JS for interacting with the DOM (the only real reason JS is used).
The need for JS will go away once a module can be loaded without JS to initialize it. All the better once multiple wasm modules can actually share a table and memory.

Just what I wanted, DOM manipulation in C. Can't wait for webpages to start seg faulting.

Attached: 1528599950280.png (250x250, 92K)

>Can't wait for webpages to start seg faulting.
It's the future you chose user

oh good, another fucking web standard. only this time it's sort of what should have been all along.

how many gigabytes of source code does chrome have now?

I'm glad I'm not the only one to understand this. Good luck using WEBASM without knowing JS.

Now you have to know HTML, CSS, framework1, framework2, framework3, framework4, framework5, JS, Node, Php, WEBASM and the backend language (probably Rust or JSxNode)...

What if I told you all that modern web technologies are faggot shit and that the bulk of your web pages should be written in HTML/CSS.

Attached: 1535406042520.png (472x410, 254K)

Just wait until the first bitcoin miner for WebAssembly comes out.

Good luck blocking that shit.

Not exactly. Devs can learn to program in open platforms much more easily than closed ones, so more devs become available for those platforms.

As closed platforms have no devs to write code for them, they die

You'd be correct

Your webpages will still be HTML and CSS. That will never change.

webshits have an incredible tolerance for bullshit. i realize this every time i touch something like node.

i will never install this shit
f-ck you

>f-ck

>f-ck
Did you really just fucking censor yourself on Jow Forums? What the fuck are you up to?
You should really go.

Native Client exists already, javascript is a rotting corpse right now