>2018
>using a screen pretector on his phone
>using glass over another glass
mfw

Attached: 1536013667379.jpg (560x560, 69K)

>sitting on the toilet looking at maymays for years and thumbing your sweaty asshole all over the screen
>ruining the screen coating by cleaning it with windex like a retard, if you clean it at all
>not caring for your possessions so they continue to function for years and can be resold when you upgrade
it's like you want to stay poor and black forever

Attached: 3161401487566411173.jpg (1024x685, 73K)

>you will never go back to the days of windexing your CRT

Attached: 1498133722645.png (781x1100, 650K)

>have glass
>put glass on it
>now have microscratches on the glass on top of my glass which costs 1/20th of the bottom glass
>now bottom glass is pristine and perfect with it's coating preserved forever
>top glass can be swapped out in less than 5 minutes compared to swapping the bottom glass in over 2 hours worth of difficult and risky labor

Attached: zachqwe1o4w01.jpg (645x773, 53K)

>now have microscratches on the glass on top of my glass which costs 1/20th of the bottom glass
You probably wouldn't have gotten those scratches on the real glass, because it's much better than your bad glass 1/20th of the cost
>now bottom glass is pristine and perfect with it's coating preserved forever
Yeah but it's also completely covered up and therefore useless
What's the point of a coating that is not used?
>top glass can be swapped out in less than 5 minutes compared to swapping the bottom glass in over 2 hours worth of difficult and risky labor
Only valid point, but then again the real glass is usually much better, so you won't get scratches unless you smash it in the ground like a retard

it even wastes calories

>resold when you upgrade
for literal pennies. go away

But I do user. I had to replace my actual screen on my old smartphone because after about 4 years of carrying it around in a pocket, WITHOUT any sharp things, my keys being in my other pocket, it still got covered by scratches. Plus, my screen protector is tempered glass and covered in a coating just like my bottom glass would be.

I understand the fact that your counter-points are also quite reasonable, but for me it just werks because I work in a machine shop and with debris flying around all the time it's safer for me to use a screen protector.

Here's an example of what happened to my old smartphone:
>be me
>have my old smartphone in my pocket
>go to the mill
>machining aluminum and pieces of aluminum flying all over the place
>finish machining part when I suddenly get a call
>have to quickly brush off all aluminum pieces
>accidentally leave just one on the tip of my finger that I didn't notice because I was trying to get the call
>scratches a half mm wide and about 2 cm wide gash at the bottom of my screen where it's swipe to answer.
I hate to use the argument I'm about to use, but for me it just werkz.

Sorry meant to say 2 cm long gash.
1mmx2cm

If you work in dirty environments like a construction worker or machine operator, you're off the hook
But most people don't

people arguing against using screen protectors are the type of person who don't use a condom

>machinist
>mm
>not thou
europoors get ouut

I wish things could be like this:
>unbreakable but scratchable PVC or PMMA layer, embedded on the phone
>Glass protective cover layer, breakable but unscratchable, easily replaceable when broken

Attached: IMG_20180903_152329.jpg (1536x2048, 321K)

Yeah it's because if the screen gets scratched to shit you can just undo the protector and it's good.

bullshit
>moh of gorilla glass
>6-6.5
>moh of aluminum
>2.5-3

>user-sama, what are you doin'? Mmmff~

I spent less than $50 on my phone and I still got a screen protector

Attached: 1534561819009.jpg (394x399, 36K)

Unless your phone comes with sapphire glass, any debris harder than plastic gonna scratch it. Niggerilla glass doesn't hold a candle to an actual hard crystal.

>Unless your phone comes with sapphire glass, any debris harder than plastic gonna scratch it.
That implies screens are made out of plastic.

>implying I'm rich enough for a phone with gorilla glass
Pfft user, I think we both know better that one can't be a machinist and afford anything decent.

>2000+18
>using a phone case
>using a screen protector
plebs gonna pleb

And, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

reeeeeeeeee mm is more convenient, plus I don't work at a scale that fine, I do crude processing. It's a part time gig while I'm going to university for CompEng, and that's a bloody expensive degree.
Well, in that sense it is reasonable to assume most people wouldn't need screen protectors, but it's unjust to say that nobody needs screen protectors like OP did.
Additionally, I must say that the aluminum I work with oftentimes comes as an alloy of iro and a few other metals. Might've even been steel that I was milling that scratched it, don't particularly 'member.

Works on my machine :^)

>that's a bloody expensive degree
almost all bong degrees cost the same amount faggot

>implying I'm a bong
I'm stuck in Canada, Land of the Cucked, so I've got to deal with 10k+ tuition when the average FULL-TIME salary is 30k a year and most end up with 50k in debt.

>one can't be a machinist and afford anything decent.
>not making bank using his machining skills to cut randomly shaped shit and selling it on amazon

I wish, but the mill isn't mine and I'm not allowed to work on it in my free time because apparently electricity is too (((expensive))) but I know it's fucking not around here. Plus, since I'm working part time I can't even get done early and work on random crap during my shift.

I've been thinking of getting my own mini-lathe and spinning rings or something. I checked on Amazon/Etsy and normalfags love those, I've seen fucking wood rings that people sold hundreds of for 20 bucks a piece.

Drag you phone screen against bike frame, see which one wins.

Common sand and rocks gonna scratch it easy. Common metals will too.

Don't collect sand or keys in your pocket

Good luck keeping your phone away from that stuff at all times. Unless you stay home all day, there will be instances where screen may contact abrasive substances.

Good thing we all live in a pure nitrogen atmosphere where aluminum doesn't instantly oxidize to form corundum with a hardness of 9

Sauce

Say my idea is good and I'll tell you

Not even the same user and not asking for sauce but the idea is more than half decent. Would be hard to get normalfags to accept dealing with frequently replacing components since they're too lazy and/or stupid to do it by themselves.

The sad thing is everything is slowly going to be irreplaceable, batteries for example, mostly in the name of muh aesthetics. I changed the screen of my phone multiple time, it wasn't really hard, but it's far to be the case of every phone.

You flattered my ego so here's the sauce anyway: @Asiri_Stone on Twitter and Instagram, camgirl.

Attached: IMG_20180904_033151.jpg (720x1280, 88K)

Thanks for the sauce mate. I suppose you're right about the fact that norms are all for supporting planned obsolescence. Electronics are already going to shit, I'm basically giving up on my current smartphone and just getting the cheapest fliphone on tha market after that. For everything else I'll have my desktop.
>removal of replaceable battery
>removal of replaceable screen
>removal of fucking screws for opening it because "muh watertight"
>removal of SD slots on some phones so no expandable storage
Someone just kill me already.