/spg/ - Smartphone General

5Gee XiaoMee Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: DmKZfWVUYAAjngp.jpg (1200x900, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2524598/Experiment-finds-plants-die-placed-internet-Wi-Fi-routers.html
flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16875209540
aliexpress.com/item/-/32915991130.html
samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/galaxy-note/galaxy-note8-64gb--t-mobile--orchid-gray-sm-n950uzvatmb/
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1400724-REG/sony_1313_7910_xperia_xz2_compact_h8314.html
amazon.com/Nokia-6-1-Unlocked-Smartphone-T-Mobile/dp/B07B4KPFKM
fi.google.com/about/specs/#lg-g7-thinq
fi.google.com/about/specs/#lg-v35-thinq
ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561
amazon.com/Huawei-Unlocked-Processor-Camera-Resistant/dp/B07C6FCC8G
bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-z2-force-edition-64gb-super-black-sprint/5947345.p?skuId=5947345
boostmobile.com/phones.html?filters=offers:20-off&sortBy=featured
prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid
motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-play-gen-2#buy
thenation.com/article/how-big-wireless-made-us-think-that-cell-phones-are-safe-a-special-investigation/
youtube.com/watch?v=IwX_dasT8ro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

5G gives you cancer.

bad edition once again

Non-ionizing radiation don't give you cancer.

PSA:
IGNORE SAMSUNG SHILLS

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-03-20-39-42.jpg (1080x1703, 629K)

That's the point, smartphones are just population control.

>NSA

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.gif (310x176, 1.8M)

anyone here who actually fell for the pocomeme pls tell me about it

yet wi-fi signals kill vegetation and they produce radiation, explain that

Moto Z2 Play vs Moto X4

and go

>NSA
it's a chinkphone, user.

>wi-fi signals kill vegetation
No evidence at all.
>they produce radiation
Wi-fi signals ARE electromagnetic radiation. As are visible light.

Z2 Play for the battery mod, the 626 has a better GPU than the 630, better camera on the Z2 Play, and OLED screen on the Z2 Play
plus it has Oreo

It says NSAxxxxxx on the screens behind the phone, user.
Its a meme, you dip.

In addition to what the other user said, if you're in the US the Moto Z2 Play is 4gb RAM, 64gb storage, whereas the X4 is only 3gb/32gb

the experiment was conducted by five girls in Denmark
>In the experiment, they placed six trays in a room without any equipment and another six trays in a room next to two routers.
>Over 12 days many of the seedlings in the wifi room turned brown and died, whereas those in the others room thrived.
>But critics claim that the cress seedlings left next to the routers probably struggled because they were dried out by heat emitted from the devices.
>Kim Horsevad, the students’ biology teacher at Hjallerup School, said: ‘This has sparked quite a lively debate in Denmark regarding the potential adverse health effects from mobile phones and wifi equipment.’
>The results will bolster the findings of researchers in Holland, who found that trees exposed to wireless radio signals suffered from damaged bark and dying leaves.
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2524598/Experiment-finds-plants-die-placed-internet-Wi-Fi-routers.html

>dailymail
>science done by girls
kek

Moto X4 $199 ($100 off) 6 hours left!
flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16875209540

Pocophone is $300 / 260€ on Aliexpress with a store coupon ($50 off)
aliexpress.com/item/-/32915991130.html

T-Mobile Galaxy Note 8 $549.99 ($350 off, up to $300 additional discount with a eligible trade in)
samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/galaxy-note/galaxy-note8-64gb--t-mobile--orchid-gray-sm-n950uzvatmb/

Sony XZ2 Compact $469 ($180 off)
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1400724-REG/sony_1313_7910_xperia_xz2_compact_h8314.html

Nokia 6.1 $229 ($40 off)
amazon.com/Nokia-6-1-Unlocked-Smartphone-T-Mobile/dp/B07B4KPFKM

LG G7 $449 with activation on Google Fi ($300 off)
fi.google.com/about/specs/#lg-g7-thinq

LG V35 $599 with activation on Google Fi ($300 off)
fi.google.com/about/specs/#lg-v35-thinq

Motorola G5 Plus $129 new (open box)
ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561

Huawei Mate 10 Pro $499 ($300 off)
amazon.com/Huawei-Unlocked-Processor-Camera-Resistant/dp/B07C6FCC8G

Sprint Moto Z2 Force $160 (or $120 with activation today), can be SIM unlocked
bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-z2-force-edition-64gb-super-black-sprint/5947345.p?skuId=5947345

Boost Mobile has an extra 20% off Android phones with code LABORDAY18
boostmobile.com/phones.html?filters=offers:20-off&sortBy=featured

Get a free LG Aristo 2, Moto e5 Play, or T-Mobile REVVL with purchase of a $100 ePin or service credit.
prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid

Moto Z2 Play unlocked $299.99 ($200 off)
motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-play-gen-2#buy

>daily mail
and?
>backed up by researchers in Holland
did you forget that part?

don't forget the 20% off tech code ending today on eBAY
JUSTRELAX

>Holland

>let me point out something that has nothing to do with the point the article made because I got BTFO
you suck at this

Why dom't they just reproduce it with better temperature control?

You BTFO yourself when you linked a dailymail article, fucktard.

I'll let you make the next one

>suck

They won't because it was never stringent science to begin with.

because the study was done 5 years ago, and to the dismay of the industry that they had Snopes do a "fact check" article on it, as well as other publications
they don't want that info getting out
>hurr durr the one publication that talks about it is the DailyMail so that means it's false
fuck off with this nonsense
nah, it's only one code I'm contributing, you're the fucking man tho
>fellate

For me It's Huawei the Mate 10

Attached: Mate-10-2.jpg (2048x1536, 625K)

>(((they))) don't want that info getting out
You have to go back

>implying it's /x/ related
why woukd the wireless industry want info getting out about their signals killing plants? i think that's a very good question that you're trying to shut down

>why would the round earth industry want info getting out about our planet not being a sphere? i think that's a very good question that you're trying to shut down

Holy shit, /spg/ is extra retarded today.

nice hypothetical, shame it does nothing to counter my position and instead makes you look like a shitposting faggot

>well since a whoremonger, his ex-wife, a camwhore that the whoremonger married, and their cat say it's inconclusive, we can all go home now!
solid research firm that one is

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-03-21-23-37.jpg (1080x1586, 615K)

>Claim
>Proved

>a science experiment so simple, 5 school girls did it
I wonder why no scientific studies are allowed to touch the subject, really makes you think

So they jumped to conclusion regarding human health based on an experiment carried out on plants. I have a feeling the actual school project didn't draw any conclusions but the "media" latched onto it and blown it out of proportion to clickbait brainlets.

Your feelings dont matter

>the media
only a couple of publications went to feature it, more publications rushed to dismiss it

A direct hit! Don't tell me you fell for the clickbait.

>clickbait
ok shill, got any proof that it's wrong other than
>Daily Mail
???

The article itself, the "big if huge" title is there to clickbait.

thenation.com/article/how-big-wireless-made-us-think-that-cell-phones-are-safe-a-special-investigation/

ok bud, explain this

I paid $220 for a Moto z play and it has Oreo installed but this phone feels sluggish, scrolling and typing is so slow. Is it because it has the snapdragon 625? I should have got a pixel

that makes no sense, Test Soak 3 Oreo ROMs for the G5+ have no issues likenwhat you're dealijg with and they have the 625 as well

Change the animation speed in developer options to 0.5x

What's the best custom ROM for Redmi Note 5?

Attached: ????.png (1278x720, 765K)

Those aren't about wi-fi but cellular frequencies, but nice try moving the goalpost.

so you if frequencies below 2GHz are a danger, what do you think 2.4GHz and 5GHz are doing? I know you want to believe you live in a world where technology is pushed for the benefit of mankind and not some company's, or rather companies, bottom line, but you're going to need to wake up user

Bought an LG G6 of someone on OfferUp, but when I went to go get it connected I was told the previous owner had got done paying it off but hadn't unlocked it which made it unusable by anyone other that her even if it was on the same carrier, I've tried to contact her but OfferUp does this thing we're you can't continue a conversation with the seller after what they're selling has sold, and if they don't have anything else listed it basically makes them unreachable so are my only options to wait until she lists something else and try to get her to unlock it, or take it to some Tyrone/Jamal that runs one of those $40 phone unlocking

gonna try that. and it's not like a performance sluggish, it's just the mere noticeable animation jitter and the deadzone wherein your finger movements are registered. just feels cheap.

I can't believe someone's unironically arguing a science fair project can prove that wifi is harmful. This is Natural News- tier facebook aunt retardation. I wonder how people that honestly believe that bullshit found Jow Forums...

Attached: pol users.png (944x4013, 409K)

Even if wifi kills seeds we're a million times larger and more complex organisms, surrounded by wifi living in a first world country. So it's not like you can avoid it.

I figured out how to protect myself

Attached: Better-call-saul-episode-210-jimmy-odenkirk-3-935.jpg (935x658, 143K)

Can you imagine then what damage can be caused by even higher frequency radiation such as, say, visible light. We should all just get woke and tape our eyes shut, we're constantly exposed to that stuff and the numbers of eye cancers just keep increasing. Bottom line is you're too paranoid for your own good. Companies will try to pull harmful shit if they are profitable and are confident they can get away with it, this time that is not the case.

Cellular phone radiation has been the go-to scapegoat of pseudo-journalism for decades now, because it is a type of radiation (and radiation is a bad thing amirite) and cannot be seen (spooky as shit). Mention microwaves in our article as well and you have a massive hit.

Attached: 14c361fcff28035e8749a05632fd22adc1cb3f34.jpg (685x413, 80K)

That shouldn't happen tbqh

>this message brought to you by the Wirekess Infrastructure Association

Attached: d607974a5dd86898286126f01767.jpg (1498x590, 120K)

What are some newish phones that have Lineage OS compatibility, decent specs, good battery life, and good build quality? Cost isn’t an issue, but I’d rather not pay an insane amount for low specs.

Is pocophone f1 an upgrade from oneplus 5T?

Attached: 40376894.jpg (538x417, 36K)

Nah, they don't pay me to school you kids, that is my good will. But if you want a new phone look no further than the Pocophone F1 by Xiaomi, the combination of its sleek polycarbide back and innovative LiquidCool system is guaranteed to block all radiation including heat. If you want even more protection make sure to grab the Armored edition as soon as it's available. Killing flagships has never been cooler than with the new Pocophone F1 by Xiaomi!
A massive one.

Not really unless you care about gayming also op5t has a better display

Moto G5S Plus, Moto X4, Moto Z2 Play, Moto Z2 Force
Xiaomi Redmeme Note 5, Mi Mix 2/2S, MiA1,A2, and A2 Lite
Essential PH-1
Asus Zenfone 5/5Z
OnePlus 6

Study wasn't even blinded. At least girls got reassured that they can also do "science".
Fucking pathetic state that modern schools are in

I'm stuck on Verizon for reasons, what's the best (smallish) phone i can get?

Attached: 73546735656.jpg (416x459, 31K)

Well, the OnePlus 5T lacks a micro SD card slot, has worse battery life and let's not forget that an OLED panel is still prone to burn-in.

Pixel 5"

Guys please help me, i need a cheap phone for work, nothing fancy, just something reliable.

Attached: IMG_3113.jpg (468x760, 97K)

goddamn this note 9 is beautiful

Xiaomi A1.

I strongly considered it but
>Touchwiz
>Note 10 is where the new technology is going and it will autistically hurt if I'm a full revolution behind (bezels, fingerprint sensor, etc)
>size

good to know you're enjoying yours

I love my LG V30

...just hope it doesn't break in 7 months like my V20 did

haha fat boi

Anyone got their phone ruined by recent "updates"?
My Redmeme 5 Plus used to be great before "updating" to Oreo a few days ago, after that:
>notifications won't show in some applications due to api change, can't be used by foss applications
>os silently kills background processes, including vpn and shit
>alarm info won't show on lock screen anymore
>overall slower and buggier than before
Amazing how a single official "update" can trash a perfectly good phone. This is absolutely unacceptable, I held back until now, but it's time to flash a ROM.

Are you gonna put it in a gimbal and make awesome cinematic quality videos?

Alarm info on lock screen happened to my moto too when it got oreo, weird.

Stuff like this is why I wonder why people value instant Android updates so much, especially when I lived on KitKat up until just recently.

This, amazing how people shit on custom ROMs for "not getting updates as fast" as if this is somehow a bad thing.

Oreo is a huge upgrade in efficiency and features but when they quietly take stuff away or change a feature that you cherish, you start to think why did I spend so much money on something they can just ruin. In this sense the platform of iOS is much more favorable because an entire group of tens of thousands bitching about the same thing forces Apple to right the wrong whereas Android is so big and vast that nobody has to be held accountable for anything negative.

>Oreo is a huge upgrade in efficiency and features

Attached: abortion_rationale.jpg (309x309, 14K)

>get new phone, calendar notifications now just blip at the top of the screen instead of occupying the whole screen until dismissed
>they don't even turn the screen on if it is off
what is this garbage? is there a single app that copies s calendar from the older samsungs or have I fucked myself for not paying the samjew tax?

Enjoy your exploits.

Actually considering getting an iPhone SE - last iPhone design I liked and seems to be solid enough. Tired of shitty Androids with random problems, bloat and slowdown. Anyone that has an SE recommend it?

>Tired of shitty Androids with random problems, bloat and slowdown
And a two year old iPhone with 2 GB of RAM solves this? Good luck when Apple decides it's time to throttle that one with future updates as well.

What's a good phone about 3-400€ (Italy) that will last some years (even with custom roms, of course)?
Mainly for browsing the net, playing some games, listening to music and using Android auto... Nfc would be good but not really necessary

I don't plan to update it. And iOS could probably use its RAM much better than Android can, I had a phone with 4 GB and it was still shittier than my brother's 6S.
Small size factor and a headphone jack are also pluses.

pocophone f1. no nfc tho
mi8 is similar but you trade out sd slot, headphone jack for amoled screen and nfc and costs a bit more

How to use Sailfish OS in the US

Exaggerated by G to push "updates".

Moto G6+

> Install LineageOs 14.1
> Got worse performance on 2D games like F/GO even with "maximum performance" profile .

youtube.com/watch?v=IwX_dasT8ro
Useful for anyone in the US interested in buying the Poco F1.

> smartphone related video on youtube
> over 50% of the commenters are Indians
every time

I want to upgrade my S7. Should I wait for S10 or buy S9?

Jow Forums gives you autism

buy S9, goy

I ruined my Moto G5 by installing the Oreo soak test.

It's simple, and I should have listened. Basically, if I want to have my IMEI working, either I use custom ROMs or whichever Oreo OTA is the last one I decide to manually update to. Otherwise, previous versions of stock will not have it working unless I decide to skip a few commands when flashing this shit. That works only until another OTA update is applied, which sets IMEI back to 0.

I am now stuck with this phone, I'm going to upgrade soon, and I can't give or sell my Moto G5 away unless I find someone that understands this shit. I can imagine them calling me "I can't make calls anymore after I updated this!" god, fuck this nightmare of a phone. First time this fucking happened.

>largest population on earth that has access to youtube
>(sorta) english-speaking
>internet age started with smartphones

hmmm what a quandary

>Kim Horsevad