Obviously Dell is shit, and I knew this going in...

Obviously Dell is shit, and I knew this going in, but I didn't really think their shit would also be in their monitors too...

Have had the 240Hz AW2518HF for a few months now, and the thing blinks like a motherfucker. Randomly it will just black screen for 2-3 seconds, even though everything on the hardware/software level is running as normal.

Anyone dealt with this type of bullshit before? Pretty sure I'm just going to be dealing with a 500$ paperweight since Dell's return policies are fucking garbage.

Attached: dellfuck.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Don't be ridiculous. It's clearly defective. Return it under warranty. If they give you shit, get your credit card company involved and threaten a chargeback.

your problem has to do with the games you're playing. this monitor is insane, especially if you can get it for the $380 ish price when it goes on sale...

Shit happens on desktop man, tons of people are having this issue with this monitor

what GPU do you have?

Never get gayman monitors. Even more so ones with TN panels

INB4 some gaymer kiddies come in to defend their dellianware garbage laptops.

Rx480

o wait, you have the HF model. thats why.i dont remember the g-sync version having this issue, only the AMD. sucks for you i guess.

People have reported it with the H model as well, it seems to be a thing with the 240hz dell monitors.

The worst part is Dells policies, they pretty much only do replacements, and people have gone through 2-3 replacements with the same thing out of the box.

Should have just been patient and went with the XF250Q....

> You guys are a bunch of whiny fucking fags

Return policies are only 30 days. I don't get why you entitled fucks seem to think you can return shit you bought forever ago. Bitching at warranty people just leads to your dumb-ass getting hung up on.
Replacement policy can be a bit ass in some instances but not always. I have only ever had one instance working n warranty support where a monitor had to replaced more than once. If you hate the monitor you can push the rep to get an 'unlike exchange' if the first one doesn't work.

When you don't actually notice the problem until after 30 days (because it's super intermittent), it kind of leaves you in a "welp im fucked" state.

I'm not being an entitled brat expecting a 600$ to perform, c'mon now.

if the issue is the 240hz, why not run the monitor at 144? not that big of a difference

I'm not saying it's entitlement to expect it to perform. By all means that shit should be working. It is entitled to expect a full return after. The warranty is what is placed on the monitor in case of issues.

> Bit of a helping hand to navigate warranty support.
Just call them and tell them it's dead and won't respond even with a known good power cable. They will ship you a replacement under warranty easily.

Fuck off, Cody.

240hz is a fucking meme anyway, you overpaid for the monitor and now can't fix it, so the solution is 144hz. if that fixes the issue you still have a 144hz monitor and can jerk off knowing youre .05% better at shooting at the guy in front of you due to your monitor advantage.

>pay premium for a 240hz monitor
>"dude just run it at 144hz xd"

Attached: 1530901349852.jpg (640x640, 42K)

Should have mentioned, bought it on sale at Best Buy for 450 CAD. I would have waited for XF250Q otherwise, I just couldn't miss out on the sale + local availability. After having been on 60Hz my whole life you better believe I wanted 240Hz, and to be honest it has been worth it minus the blinking bullshit.

>cant return it
>cant RMA it
>claims support wont help

tell me another option he has, you fucking absolute mongoloid. yes, it's fucked up that he cant use 240hz since he paid for that, but based on what he said he's SOL. durrrr hhururururururur faggot nigger

fuck sake i just bougt the g-sync version of this monitor on sale and its coming soon, hope i dont have this issue

Good luck bro! Whatever you, do not install any of the software that comes with it. Their "Support Assist" program is a fucking disease. Even after uninstalling it, it is somehow still on my PC and pops up in the tray from time to time. Even custom uninstallers can't find it, it's a goddamn phantom.

fpbp

this sometimes happens bcos of cheap cables