Mobile cards

Anyone know a good site for mobile cards? I've been looking to replace my 840M to a different card.

Attached: download (2).jpg (225x225, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-860M-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-840M/m8647vsm8643
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>what is a egpu

Why lug it around when i can change my mobile card?

Why bother when u have a weak as fuck ancient i5 dual core with shit thermals low base clock and shit performance and 8gb of slow ass ddr3 memory? Just Fucking get a used desktop

Anything with an 840m won’t be able to be upgraded.

It’s soldered onto the motherboard.

It’s also not likely any 840m laptop will support an eGPU.

You’d need a thunderbolt port, some people use janky setups involving the only mini pci express slot (WiFi) but generally the bios has a whitelist or some other incompatibility arises.

You know you can't replace mobile GPUs because they're a part of the motherboard right?
Get an egpu or a new laptop

I'm guessing it would cost too much to replace the entire motherboard than getting an egpu.

God laptop fuckers are dumb it's literally cheaper and easier to get a old used Zen 1 or i7 rig and Slap a 56 or 1080 in it

You can't replace the motherboard because they're made for a certain laptop and you can't Frankenstein them unless you're someone who works with motherboards and knows what he's doing, give up on replacing your laptops gpu and get a new one or an egpu

>Literally cheaper and easier to get an old rig
I bought a lenovo edge 15 for $20 because some retard broke the touch screen and didn't know how to fix it, let alone replace it and sell it for more. And this laptop still get about 60fps at 1080p.

>Hey guys I need help with X
>HEY RETARD WHY DONT YOU JUST UZE Z INSTEAD
>well it doesn't do what I need in this particular circumstance, I'm asking for help with Y not Z
>NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
that's you man. Fuck off and neck yourself

What toaster fucking indie old trash runs that good? Fuck sake are you a nomad hermit ya can't even setup a dedicated gaming pc? What is it with u laptop gamelets?

Fuck off o you where told multiple times what u want isn't possible ya cuck seriously fuck off back to /v/ and get a console.
A used xboner x is cheaper
If you want a decent gaming pc prepare to get raped in the wallet

Actually consider suicide to help further humanity

A toaster with an i7 and 840m. And why spend an extra grand just to get a decent setup, when I have an OK laptop? T. NEET

List you laptop specs I bet they are shit and a upgraded gpu would not help hyperthetically anyway
Samefags

Hey asshole have you considered that OP actually HAS a gaming PC and wants update his laptop as a completely sepa fucking topic? Why not stay on topic??? KILL YOURSELF, TRASH.

Why not lead with that then? You don't even say what pcs you have let alone what u want to update to and for what usage you brain-dead gigafucktardsoycuck

i7-5500u
16GB ram
NVIDIA 840M
etc..
Keep in mind, this cost me $20 and a screen replacement.

Yep I was right slow 3ghz base clock dual core
Just get another laptop ffs
Better yet wait for 7nm amd stuff and get that

Why does someone have to give you their whole fucking life story to get advice on something so simple?

>Why not lead with that?
What would you need that info for?
>Hurr Durr you already have a gaming pc, no need to update your laptop.

I hope you get cancer.

Although it's "slow", it's still OK. Why buy a whole new laptop just for a 50% performance boost?

Because you have been given the same answer 10x over yet refuse to accept it
Why do u think fucktard so Jow Forums can help you? Bet your ((((gaming pc)))) is shit as well jesus christ what a shit cunt and shit thread I'm out
Lol cringe yikes oof

Attached: 1526572809181.jpg (3024x4032, 1.84M)

Kill

Yourself

I'm not being ironic or joking. I'm completely serious. Remove yourself from the gene pull as soon as possible.

Are you brain dead you literally want to upgrade the gpu (which u can't) which will still be bottlenecked hyperthetically anyway
WHY FUCKING BOTHER?
Hahahaha

Of course it would be bottlenecked...If you fucking put a 1080m in there. A fucking 940m would help out a lot more than an 840m if it were possible.

Bruh, I’m not op but what if OP struggled with depression or something?

That’s not really cool man, I’d you mean it seriously.

OP, an 840m is really a dogshit GPU.

Even an 860m is a huge upgrade. An 860m is the same chip as a 750 it.

You have about half the power of a 750 ti as it sits.

There is NO possible way to upgrade that laptop. Even if it could be done, anything powerful enough to consider would run considerably more wattage and would overheat quickly.

The ONLY way is through WiFi card slot and even then it’s snow balls chance in hell.

You’d waste a lot of money on a setup only to likely fail as Lenovo almost certainly has a whitelist in the bios for the WiFi card slot. Not to mention this method hardly works even when there is no whitelist

Better off getting a new laptop.

>gaming laptops

you people will never learn

Attached: 1401216924379.gif (480x270, 1.93M)

>i can change my mobile card?
Probably not.

Exactly, OP could easily sell it on eBay or something and likely get enough for an 860m laptop.

I would not recommend an 860m laptop in 2018 but a friend of mine plays every game from PUBG to rainbow 6 with a 750ti and doesn’t complain.

An 860m is literally twice as fast.

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-860M-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-840M/m8647vsm8643

Something more modern like a 1050ti laptop would be 265% faster than an 840m.

You should just look into elevating it a slight amount or getting a cooling pad and overclock it. Otherwise get rid of it for something better.

I have no idea what it's like overclocking a 840M but generally the AMD GPUs in laptops I've overclocked go up a huge amount (like +20%), but also increase temps by nearly 10c in the laptop, so running that thing when is resting on a bed covering the vents and shit it will overheat.

You’ll never get anything meaningful out of an 840m overlock wise.

The VBIOS of the card will limit him to +135 on the core anyway.

What’s 10-15% More when you already get like 20 FPS on pubg....

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO U NEED TO BE TOLD THE SAME THING OP

Attached: 1518071157963.gif (380x400, 197K)

no one sells them because the laptop market is a scam. you need a bios upgrade to upgrade gpu in a laptop and the manufactures don't release them = dead market.

There's user here spend like $200 laptop with rx550 gpu on it. Maybe you're lucky if there's another user posting cheap stuff with muh spec.