CPUs

Why does everyone seem to nut themselves when Intel and AMD release new CPUs?. What do you guys actually use the marginal increase in performance for. I can understand GPUs for the manchildren gaymers. But CPU performance seems to barely matter as long as you have a semi current system.

Attached: dystopia.jpg (2560x1600, 707K)

Much faster access to ladyboi forums

>manchildren gaymers
wow you really showed them

That makes sense actually. As an intellectual and connoisseur of the finer things I can appreciate immediate access to the patrichian fetish

if you play WoW it matters. beside that only other people that ligit should care about cpu are extream CSGO players that want like 400fps beside that its like 2fps increase in 99% of games if that for like 400$.

adding another gc bus lane

>ITT /v/ children
I'm using a Core2 Duo that's older than half the fags in this thread and it works fine for browsing the web and doing spreadsheets.

Attached: tenor.png (512x480, 114K)

I've got a i3-3217U and it's more then enough to do just about anything other then game. I've even rendered GoPro videos with it.

>manchild
Tits or gtfo

G2030 here, it's been plodding along fine for 5 years now, cost almost nothing and runs most gayms just fine.

Performance plus, power efficiency, possible security fixes, better kernel support due to designed open development, curiosity. That's about all reasons i can think off

I rarely do, i update once every few years. I have a 8700k now, upgraded from a 2600k.

Attached: 354.png (600x595, 362K)

G645 here

That's a huge leap, how do you compare the performance, and what you use it for

*cracks* *siiiiiiip* i5 2500k now THAT is the only CPU you’ll ever need

You call that a jump? I just upgraded my FX-6350 to a Ryzen 7 2700x.

Because we like to talk about computer parts and keep up with latest trends, this is Jow Forums after all.

I'd still be using my C2D laptop if not for the GMA950 integrated graphics that is no longer adequate for even web browsing, watching any video is a choppy torture. The CPU itself was just fine.

...but user, that isn't that much more of a jump... pretty much same generational distance in your and the other user's jumps

Cpu doesn't matter for man children like yourself, gpu does. But when you're actually doing real work, the CPU does matter

>Wow it matters
That's 3 cores.
>Ligit
You're a legit retard

It's the same jump if you look at the time, but a bigger difference if you look at the benchmarks.

amd cpus are getting twice as fast next year, is enough for me

>doesn't use cpu based decoding

So that when the foretold CPU wars start I'm prepared. And also always having a good and new CPU makes me feel like I'm a big boy.