Five Eyes

its over bois

techcrunch.com/2018/09/03/five-eyes-governments-call-on-tech-giants-to-build-encryption-backdoors-or-else/

Attached: Screenshot_20180904-193710.png (1080x1920, 620K)

>implying they dont already have it

i mean maybe not joe sixpack on the low rung has access and maybe they want more open access for these plebs.

but its literally retarded to pretend that they dont all have root access to this from day 1

Those faggots can tear gpg and omemo out of my bloody dead hands if they want to take it

we can just make opensource ones

Why are governments so jewish for?

just use the tools on privacytools.io

Why exactly would Chinese manufacturers care? Backdoor for Chinese government is enough for them

Aside from the ethical and political implications of this wouldn't built-in backdoors ruin the point of encryption in the first place?

>tech giants
Who actually uses and trusts closed source encryption made by "tech giants"? This is LITERALLY nothing, and I don't usually say that.

Call back when they're compelling free software authors to insert backdoors.

yes

>have you been approached by gov
>nods
>"no"
already happened years ago

They have a mighty need for my noodz.

Attached: I_MUST_.gif (500x330, 513K)

I remember that. Ol' Torvalds spoke wisely.

Better start stocking up on libreboot thinkpads

they are jewish

Who and what software?

>compelling free software authors to insert backdoors
that's easier
>be paid by gubmint
>contriboot to open salsa
>gain trust
>make planned mistake
>it goes unnoticed
>say whoops if found
there was a great talk by some guy on YT about this stuff, don't remember name

Well yeah, that's why I don't use systemd for example. It follows this model to the letter.
Other important targets would not be willingly under payroll, hence canaries are effective.

Authoritarianism is just the current fad for modern governments. Apparently they think 1984 was an instruction manual.

Linus
Linux

If somehow hypothetically they manage to backdoor encryption, that just means everyone will be able to read government secret files. Government secrets are MUCH more valuable than knowing Creepy Joe down the street is encrypting CP. They're stupid so they haven't thought this through.

Literal "Backdoor Bonanza"

>billgatesonphone.jpg
>"activate the hardware backdoor"

>implying they will backdoor their encryption

Industry insider here, the government has two faces; The politicians who keep on prattling about putting backdoors in the backbone of the world economy, and the guys who actually know what the fuck they're doing. When it comes to the government's own shit you can bet they won't use backdoored encryption there. Actually one hint is that government-approved encryption and software is actually public in a few of these countries so you can just look up what software isn't backdoored.

Maybe the solution is to close the borders and expel everyone, even second and third generations.

Not violate all normal people and build a massive police state.

I hate Anglos.
It's like they are always conspiring to be an evil to the rest of the world.

encryption for us but NOT (You) citizen!

>call for backdoors in encryption
>get it
>politicians emails get hacked
>wtf I thought our computers were secure

his father went before the EU in 2012 and verified he was approached, but denied that he gave them what they wanted

But all the major powers have already complied with P᠋RISM. Funny enough the last of all of them to resist at all was fucking Apple, but even that was several years ago now.

They don't. Twofish, Serpant, Chacha, Blowfish, Salsa20 are solid and open encryption algos and hashes. TLS is with a few very difficult to perform timing attacks pretty much impossible to break.

Encryption so far is as secure as it has ever been. Quantum computers won't be a thing for the next 50 years, the stuff they show of is just an attempt that's not even close to being able to fuck over current encryption methods, which is why 5 eyes want this to happen.

on the algo or their keys?

the algos are mathematically secure

This is what should continue to happen, and what will continue to happen. The gubbermint thinks they're the authority on tech when most government workers are stupid enough to run a "cutecatpicspng.exe" from a random email address. The backdoors will just be discovered abused by people smarter than them.

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

not sure if ironic.

Another reason to only use software that uses third party FOSS encryption.

this desu

We can't have that.
Think of the childrens, don't you want to protect them?
Let's build a massive police state prison, then everyone, including the childrens will be safe.
:^)

Attached: 1409418842554.jpg (480x533, 75K)

>Quantum computers won't be a thing for the next 50 years
aren't D-Wave units quantum computers? also apparently the NSA can't break AES-256 based encryptions either

Would you be willing to accept a state sponsored “live-in companion”
* that stays with you 24/7 and Reports on everything you do?

*Live-in companions may not be approached for sexual favors

Why make the distinction between major tech companies and big boy government? They're practically the same people.

Hahaahahahah, anglos are fucking scum and should be killed. What the fuck age do we live in when Russia and China are less oppressive than the first world?
EU > asia > america and it's colonies

They are the same people, at least in the USA.
Dumb revolving door shit.

Attached: 1504557787277.jpg (900x900, 83K)

AES though is a NIST standard, which always leaves a bad aftertaste. The only reason why Serpant wasn't picked was that it's slower to AES, because AES skips rounds. The crypto itself is sold enough, but overall performance over security for a encryption algorithm, where the the performance difference is laughable, is very questionable for an institution such as NIST.

D-Wave is a PoC. I have asked a theoretical physicists how likely it is that quantum computing will be a thing in the next years. According to him, very unlikely to have computation comparable to what we currently have with silicon based computers. D-Wave is just a proof of concept to show that you can work in that area, but it's very complex. I'd assume there aren't a lot of people who are capable of doing the math and the silicon or graphene engineering.

>D-Wave is a PoC.
Person of colour?

Anything so I wouldn't be alone anymore

Proof of Concept

sjws ruin everything

?

You want to invade my privacy? That's fine. Now release ALL classified documents and allow us to see the web browsing histories of every government official.
But they won't let us see any of that. So my shit stays encrypted without the help of "tech Giants"

Seeing governments sperg out over encryption makes me laugh.

It's all out there on the internet and open source. You ban one service and another will pop up, smaller services will fly under the radar. It's unstoppable, boomer politicians who barely know how to turn a computer on are trying desperately to control what they cannot and are freaking the fuck out that they are powerless.

Attached: 1527576816597.jpg (1080x1287, 219K)

I can't see it working. These nations don't have industry nor public support for this legislation.

The UK passed the Snooper's Charter, yet we haven't heard about it being applied, or any company being compelled to introduce security issues on purpose. Either they're going on small companies, or these laws are just very hard to enforce. I believe it's a mix of both, but more of the second.

Why does that matter if your hardware is compromised?

>implying GCHQ is ever going to give up their bread and butter