ThinkPad hate thread

Second day at work and just received a T480

My review after 6 hours of use
>1080p panel on a 14" laptop means you have to choose between fucking tiny text at 100% zoom or distorted text and proportions at 150% zoom
>why the fuck is the Fn key the left key? That's where the Ctrl key is on a full size Lenovo keyboard. I've been pressing Fn+C instead of Ctrl+C the whole day
>haven't used the touchscreen yet

All in all I rate this meme/10

Attached: 61cStKyNITL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (972x641, 71K)

used a couple of refurbished old ones, the ones that Jow Forums says are "good"
they're pretty shit, only good when you literally only have 150 or less for a laptop

everyone here shills the old thinkpads which don't have the screen res problem, the fn thing is completely fucking pedantic, touchscreen isn't a good idea but its not like it gets in the way in the event that it isn't used.

its not even as if you paid for it either.

>t. mactoddler

>Jow Forums talks about the t60 and shit
>yeah but my T480 is shit
we talk about old thinkpads, fuck off with your mactoddler shit

>ThinkPad hate thread
>talks about his experience with a chink piece of shit
???

>T480
there is your issue man. Ngl older ones are better, but display is still crap.

>old thinkpads
So how long before rebuying thouse will become impossible?

>t480
Are you an idiot? Got my refurbished x220 for about $200. Apart from its shitty battery life, I've had absolutely no problems with it.
>not full HD so I can't argue there
>you can swap Fn and Ctrl in the BIOS
>touchscreens on laptops are a meme
You should've read the general.

Attached: 1496451679657s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

>p panel on a 14" laptop means you have to choose between fucking tiny text at 100% zoom or distorted text and proportions at 150% zoom
Muh 1024x768 mustard race
>>why the fuck is the Fn key the left key? That's where the Ctrl key is on a full size Lenovo keyboard. I've been pressing Fn+C instead of Ctrl+C the whole day
Swap them in the BIOS
>>haven't used the touchscreen yet
How is this an issue?

>I've had absolutely no problems with it.
How can you stand the low backlight refresh rate?

>Swap them in the BIOS
Then you end up with an undersized Ctrl key.

As someone who bought a Thinkpad recently, this infuriates me.

I'm enjoying mine. Got the 1440p version, 32GB RAM and an i7, great battery life, comfy keyboard and still portable af.

I changed the Fn key in settings though I agree that it's a bit annoying at first.

One thing that annoys me is that my H key doesn't seem to work very well. Requires pressing way harder than the other keys. Any idea if this means I should send it back?

I got my T61 back in five years ago from a thread on here and never regretted it. Still in great condition today, just needs a new fan. Easily my favourite piece of hardware, I don't think I could ever part with it.

yes

>fn key on the far left
Literally subhuman.

in a very long time becuase they are hard to break and theres a lot of replacement parts

Is it a common issue? Not being a dick or anything. I use low brightness with f.lux at nights and never seemed to have noticeably low refresh rates.

I don't hate Thinkpads, I hate all underpowered laptops with shit cooling equally.

I don't want to have to wait for them to send me a new one though... I hear that's awfully long if you claim under warranty

My eyes really hurt until I found a tool that increases the frequency. Default frequency is like 100Hz and too low for a light that has no delay when turning on/off