Why aren't ps/2 keyboards and mice produced anymore?

I've got a motherboard with two fully usable ps/2 ports that I could be using specifically for keyboard and mouse, but instead I have to waste two usb ports, because I can't find any non-used ps/2 stuff for sale.
At least tell me they have a valid reason for this.

Attached: why.jpg (768x300, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pckeyboard.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rgb keyboards and mice my dude

>ps/2 ports that I could be using specifically for keyboard and mouse
You answered it all by yourself. The problem back in the day was having a trillion of different connectors for different pieces of hardware. The U in USB stands for universal, the whole point was to unify interfaces under one single banner, this is the valid reason.
Also any system comes with a least a trillion usb ports nowadays, what are you sperging on specifically?

Because ps/2 is not present on laptops anymore and the noticable difference is gone to most. Theyre not hotswappable and returns from normalfags when they tried to unplug/plug that in after boot was probably not worth it.

It appeals to my autism to use dedicated ports that send an interrupt signal and can be used without fear of issues at boot, but even your average keyboard has enough key rollover and compatibility for anything.

You have but most people don't. also
>2018
>wires
lmao

Actually you can find mechanical keyboard which use a PS/2 connector (or worst case, keyboards that are compatible with PS/2 through an adapter)

pckeyboard.com/

Unicomp sells brand new PS/2 keyboards.

you can buy a new ps/2 keyboard from any custom builder using the ps2avr firmware. however given the ps/2 port is limited to 100ma there won't be features like rgb without a separate power lead, so you would be stuck with the limited features of a unicomp design.
ps/2 mice are limited to 8 bit reports, all gaming sensors require 16 bit usb reports.
Think about the mlt04, 1 m/s at 400 dpi, scale that to 2000dpi and your max speed is 0.2 m/s so you can see why it has been abandoned.

most of modern keyboards an mouses can worck in PS/2 mode

>Buckling Spring keyboards
Those absolute madmen

I'm sperging about the fact that, in a given website, I can find motherboards with dedicated mouse and keyboard ps/2 ports, but I can't find ps/2 keyboards and mice. Seems to me like a waste of space.

Wireless stuff is unreliable af.

Thanks dude, but this stuff is expensive af, and I'm not sure if it even ships to my country.

>Also any system comes with a least a trillion usb ports nowadays
yes

Attached: 1533783435782.jpg (1200x705, 161K)

Attached: PS2.jpg (806x900, 51K)

PS/2 is mustard race. USB is fucking polling.

ps/2 keyboards are still being produced and sold. most hardware based companies buy motherboards, disable USB trough bios, Glue usb ports shut to prevent idiot monkeys plugging in random USB devices and hook up ps2 keyboard and mouse since they are most definitely not exploitable.
see and

I don't understand why someone would want LEDs on their keyboard, desu. It just looks obnoxious.

Unicomp keyboards are almost unmatched in quality in my experience. Really great to type on and solid as fuck. They did deliver to Norway, where I live, but it cost like 70 dollars just for shipping. The keyboards are huge though, and weigh like 3 kilos, so it's kind of understandable.

>there won't be features like rgb
>implying that's a downside

It's a tool. not everyone cares how it looks so long as it does. You can consider yourself lucky that bog standard keyboards work for you,

PS2 has 3.3ms+ minimal possible lag.
USB2 has keyboards running at 0.2ms

that's why PS2 isn't used yes it used to have better interaction with CPU priority and stuff but that's all outdated advantage now usb buss in windows has improved.

>PS2 has 3.3ms+ minimal possible lag.
>USB2 has keyboards running at 0.2ms
Misleading, false, untrue. proof?

ps/2 generates interrupts at 100hz (200 max supported, can be higher) for a worst case latency of 0.1ms +protocol overhead

usb2 mice can range from 125hz to 1k; 1khz gives a worst case latency of 0.01ms + even more protocol overhead

Both are identical in actual latency because your damn screen flickers at 240hz for meme machine which gives you a worst case latency of 4.16ms + a tremendous amount of protocol overhead from graphics cards/drivers/games.

I'm not saying it doesn't matter. i'm just saying that the accuracy of mice and setting the dpi reasonably is way more important than the polling rate of mice.

he's a chinese optical keyboards shill that takes their advertising as gospel

>rgb
gay

do you even know how to do basic division? 100hz gives a minimum possible latency of 10ms

A lot of modern motherboards have 2 USB 2.0 slots and the rest 3.0. The 2.0's are designed for mouse and keyboard. Just think about their primary purpose as that and you'll feel less stressed out about using up the USB slots with them.

Because those ports are for people who have old keyboards that still function, not for people buying new peripherals.

>Because ps/2 is not present on laptops anymore

Internal mouse and keyboards on laptops still use the PS2 interface

>USB is fucking polling.
Not true for USB 3.0+.

>ps2 keyboard not exploitable
yeah keep thinking that alright

>Expecting apple to put ps/2 ports on their shit when they won't even put USB

>won't even put USB
>picture shows USB-C cables plugged in

>USB C and a thousand different dongles

i paid a fuckton in shipping and fees to canada, paired with a horrible exchange rate. it's straight up the best keyboard i've ever used no ragrets

Your point?

I recently found a usb to ps/2 adapter and tried to use my topre keyboard (no function keys whatsoever) with it.
wasn't recognizen on boot.
is this some bios problem, or do usb HID not work on ps/2?

Who the fuck cares about that? You're not even looking at them to see the lights, making it a complete and total waste.

Well I guess ricers would care because it makes for flashier pictures.

No, the reason they use RGB is because numales can't properly touch type so they actually look at their keyboard and as such want it to be as pretty as their laptop stickers.