If I got an associates at community college would that be enough to get an entry level IT job...

If I got an associates at community college would that be enough to get an entry level IT job? Or should I just try to learn a trade? Pic related

Attached: 1535335481493.jpg (1280x960, 164K)

Posted wrong pic

Attached: rrTSSyH.png (1664x5330, 1.52M)

Sorry we got to see a pic of you, OP.

Nah if you're looking for less than 4 years + assload of internships under your belt you're better off getting certs and experience. Community college is designed to be a step ladder for full college if you don't want to get in as much debt.

Other than that you're gonna have to consider trade. If you do then please go to the gym and get fit. The biggest reason the turnover is so high is because people aren't prepared to carry 2 sacks of 80lbs bags of cement up and down stairs all day long.

I was thinking of learning welding. because my local cc has a program for welding but would also take 2 years to get a basic cc degree. .Where I live it's hard to find opportunities.

Then hit the gym butterboy. Don't get out until you can do a couple of 200 lbs cleans to be safe.

No offense op but based off your posts in this thread you sound like a real lazy fuck. You may as well go to CC because I doubt you'd last long in any trade with your attitude.

That'd probably be worse. 1-4K in debt working in mcdonald vs 10-20K in debt working in mcdonalds.

My point is that people like op, that are lazy and look for easy ways out, end up quitting or getting fired in manual labor work. He's better off going to CC and majoring in women's studies or some other easy liberal arts shit.

Decent trade, lots of cash so they say, if you want to get out of town, just try to get urself in that IT, and just run from there.

tru, he doesn't seem so inclined to go to the gym which every breathing human that can't afford their own home gym should.

you can do a 2 year at a community college and hope they set you up with an internship, or at least get into helpdesk or something

I used to do landscaping so I know a little about manual labor. I'd hit the gym if I can but I have my own set of workouts I get from Darebee. If I get a little more income I'd considering a gym subscription. For me I'm just trying to do the most practical thing. I've heard many red flags about working in the tech industry and the competition sounds really difficult while in the trades there's a real labor shortage. Plus Welding actually sounds fun.

Sure, but if you're going to put two years in, you might as well go the full mile and get a bachelor's at four.

You look so sad op
You look like me sorta

>might as well double or more your investment
Don't listen to the kike. You can do a bachelor's later if you need it or want it. Associates is a good place to start and you aren't paying the kike rates at a 4 year.

>He's better off going to CC and majoring in women's studies or some other easy liberal arts shit.
What kind of job prospects does such a degree offer? You don't need a CC degree to work at Starbucks.

What kind of IT job can I get with a bachelor's degree right out of college?

Software engineering for one

i just got my associates and have already received 8 job offers ranging from QA to sdet to software engineer

that said, i've also been rejected by pretty much all of the big 4 (or at least ghosted) and have sent out at least 250 applications by now, with around 25 stated rejections

What places should I submit my resume to in order to help it get more recognized by recruiters?

if you go to a good 4 year, the recruiters should be coming to you/your school

That pic somehow depresses me

is that u /op/?

I already graduated, but had to deal with Harvey for a few months after getting out of college.

Is your AS in computer science? What are the salary offers and are you gonna go to school at night or just work?

>Is your AS in computer science?
something like that, yeah

>What are the salary offers and are you gonna go to school at night or just work?
relatively low compared to what one of the basedboys in siliconn valley might be making. it's still enough for me to live comfortably though.

associates degrees are a waste of time in 2018
just get some certifications. comptia A+ is easy and also worthwhile. CCNA is also worthwhile. if you're going from zero read up on Network+ first then start studying for the CCNA. there's a good book called network+ all in one that covers the comptia cert shit while still being easy enough to read cover to cover.

How are the prospects for a community college EE?

We do Circuits I and II, Electronics I and II, Digital and Advanced Digital, Control Systems, Electronic Instrumentation, Microcontrollers, and we have a course for our final design project. I think the EEs are only required to do up to Calc I but I've done I-III and diff eq. and that's as high a math that's offered at my CC.

No analog and digital signal processing courses or anything unfortunately but I guess nobody'd go to the four year schools if a CC offered everything.

I heard that A+ is useless nowadays