69 is out

69 is out.
Enjoy your redesign.
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/09/google-celebrates-a-decade-of-google-chrome-launches-major-redesign/

Attached: 1532468906597.png (1024x1024, 145K)

Yep. Looks good to me.

Still botnet, I'll pass

Jesus christ how horrifying. How do I enable the old design? Or block the update?

Wtf it doesn't show the new design for me even after I disabled my theme

Oh hey look it's exactly what I told you fuckers it would be.

It seems like you can open a lot more tabs now before they go blank (do they?) and start hiding the icon. So that's an improvement.

chrome://flags search for "design" and disable all four flags + set "UI Layout for the browser's top chrome" to "Normal". You're welcome.

It feels sluggish and laggy for some reason. Probably the new UI. Back to Safari until they fix their shit.

Absolutely based. Thanks my nigger.

looks like a fucking dildo

Out of process gpu rasterization is a new option shown in chrome://gpu now. You can enable it in flags.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-04 15-55-29.png (459x359, 52K)

What does it do?

and then they take them away in chrome 71

DELET

why are such a fucking nigger that you would block an update for such a petty reason?
Are you completely incapable of reading documentation? When did you drop out of CS?

People like you are the reason why XP use dragged on for so long, taking many hard drives worth of data with you by randsomware.
>A UI using no transparency, no blur, no gradients, no activity of any kind 99% of the time is causing a performance regression
how the fuck do you figure that. Its not even a new UI, its just new textures and icons on top of the same old UI

Unloads one more process to the gpu.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-04 16-01-17.png (751x105, 12K)

I find it horrifying that nobody has pointed out how google chrome no longer displays any of the URL by default.
on any Jow Forums thread it just says Jow Forums.org until you click the address bar.

Using Edge, Edge, Edge, Edge, Edge, hm hm hm...

Attached: illya.gif (243x270, 483K)

>every website you visit is tracked
>every download is checksummed and tracked
>scans and checksums your files outside of its working directories, for "security"
Why would anyone use a browser that pretends its an antivirus and actively scans your files under the guise of security?

Yeah I also noticed that. Been trying to find the flag for it but no luck so far...

Neat

Holy shit, for once there's at least something in a browser UI redesign that's actual an improvement!
I, for one, welcome those rectangular tabs.

It's fast and secure?

>be jewgle
>pour millions of dollars into chrome redesign
>ends up looking exactly the same
>soys applaud
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF FLATSHIT

insert finger into throat

Enjoy your botnet.

Attached: 1523379499058.jpg (580x346, 47K)

Imagine being a lead UI developer for a mature product and the sheer amount of work you need to do to justify your paycheck.

Not too bad actually, looks cleaner and tab animation is faster than before. Also can hide account avatar with some generic off-shelf meme. I had almost forgotten awesome faec. Still sticking to Edge, just werks.

t.

Firefox is as fast as Chrom* and its clones. As far as security goes it's debatable.

more likely that it was designed in a full work day and cleaned up in another workday.
It's the same UI
holy shit, this. Firefox has the same problem

By not using Chrome you fucking loser

every fucking time
"hurr durr how do I get back to the old design,the new one is crap"

Attached: 40589335_1838370199532863_8490498531365224448_n.jpg (619x371, 39K)

But it is

There is probably a good reason why it's not enabled by default

What about a good reason why they enabled the new shitty UI by default?

I don't know, taste differs, it's just that in every redesign thread there's that one guy who's like "AAAAAH THIS IS BADD CANCER NONONO" asking how to get back to the old design just to be contrarian.

It's not a guise, it is for security. Don't be such a tinfoil cuck. Ofc you can just stay on your shitty, slow, no addon Firefox

Chromelets spend years shitting on Firefox's Australis UI
Call this redesign good
The absolute state

Well, I would be all for it if it was actually GOOD for once. Most UI changes are pointless and retarded. You actually lose bookmark space and the presence of "http/https" with this new UI.

I think it looks better

> Chrome
hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

It shows full url for me

just updated
m-m-my eyes...

Attached: 1500772486299.jpg (2048x2048, 132K)

Why does a browser decide that it can scan my files and upload this data to Google servers?
>cuck
No, that's you for being OK with such practices.

Maybe I'm just autistic but moving tabs now seems a bit laggy? Like it's capped to 60 or 30 fps? Everything else looks good though

Once an option starts showing in chrome://gpu, it's usually ok. I did have an issue with captcha when the viz service option showed up, but it was fixed in the next major release.

Just disable it if you don't want it

finally, something that will compete with firecucks

As which browser has the worse UI?

t. bad design taste

Yeah, I'm switching back, I hate this new design.
I did the same thing last time they fucked with the font engine in chrome 57.

I can't even sign into google sites without it automatically wanting to sync my browser stuff.
sudo apt-mark hold google-chrome-stable

Fuck that shit man

Attached: waterfox.png (1920x1036, 211K)

You probably think that W10 looks good

Fluent Design apps do, but the rest is a nightmare

cd /dir/to/chrome/
rm -rf

>ganesh enable poo rasterization

Quality and performances over looks, anyday

>chrome
>performance

I meant it as a general guideline. I was not talking about Chrome in particular.

>Still botnet
As is the network you use to browse the internet. Silly fool there's no escape

While testing out the new theme on one of my laptops, I got my first ever BSOD for that machine. I dunno about this lads.

Attached: 1522610507015.gif (250x300, 785K)

underrated

and this folks is why everything goes to shit

>BSOD
lol it's your fault for using a shit os

The performance is great, just like a Bugatti Chiron, what you are thinking about is the efficiency. The browser just like the car destroys a lot of resources just to go down the street.

>using proprietary software from a billion dollar company that only made it this big because of data mining

looks alright, but i'm still not installing chrome

They should've kept the faded white/gray color for the side tabs

you do realize almost every company does this, right? this isn't exclusive to G

what does an overflow of tabs look like?

tabs just get smaller

so it's still not feasable to use it with >100 tabs?

nope

Attached: Capture.png (1366x768, 62K)

Fuck, on googles trying to be apple....looks fucking horrid

absolute state

>like the sun is massaging him

>you got this chief

>that tab bar
jesus christ man. get a better css

>how the fuck do you figure that. Its not even a new UI, its just new textures and icons on top of the same old UI
You seem upset. I'm just telling what it is. In fact I've reverted to the previous UI with and it went back to normal performance. Don't assume you know the implementation details.

It looks nothing like Apple though

not on AUR yet, will fuck with it when it is

the moment I saw the shitty tabs I came to Jow Forums knowing they would deliver

thank you

I encrypt all my web traffic and use a libreboot thinkpad

>7 more pixels to tab/address bar
8 years ago I switched to chrome just because how clean and little space that took compared to firefox, seems like default firefox is not slimmer.

just looks like old firefox lmao

New UI is fucking AIDS, switching to firefox.

I want to switch back to Firefox but Chrome is a lot more efficient with battery so what are my other options? Edge is not an option btw

Internet Explorer

Good. You autistic fucks need to learn what bookmarks are

Thank you.

In addition to being botnet from hell, Google has this nasty habit of making easy to use and fairly nice products - then ruining them just as soon as they get popular (or just removing them altogether).

I suppose I should get into the habit of using a non-botnet browser, rather than be forced to adapt unexpectedly when they finally kill this browser.

Also, here's 5000 Internets for you.

Attached: 5000_internets_in_desu_we_trust.jpg (550x239, 39K)

marks on a book?

So first, Firefox copies Chrome with Australis, then they finally come to their senses with Firefox Quantum. Now, Chrome is copying Firefox Quantum.

Attached: 1363052093491.jpg (486x485, 51K)

What the FUCK is the point of that awful gap?! You're telling me if I have the program maximized, I STILL can't run the mouse pointer over the top edge to go to the tabs?! Have these retards forgot about Fittz' law?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-04 18-13-19.png (468x42, 2K)

Its because UX designers are fucking mongloid retards of the highest caliber. We've gone through just-as-retarded changes in the past and we're just running full circle because they have to justify their salary somehow.
You can't just sit down and say "Yup. That UI is good to go, works great, looks good, perfectly functional, and we havent changed anything in so long its bug free!" because then why the fuck is anybody paying you?

Maybe software companies shouldn't just radically change a UI design folks have been using for near a decade, for no apparent reason.

Giving us options for more UI designs would had been nice. Displaying those options one time after the update or when installing for the first time would have been fine. But one does not simply repaint a car, rearrange its dashboard, and change its upholstery, without asking its user.

no. it's fine as it is.

this looks retarded
how fucking hard is it for google to implement a way to scroll tabs or better yet tree style tabs with a way to group tabs, collapse groups and scroll
lmao

But the new Material literally sucks, that's why I'm not ever upgrading my phone past Nougat, Chrome past 68 and my Youtube CSS from before the redesign, unless they fix this mess. Fuck this "everything is round + wasted space" bullshit

close tab x disappears after about 13 tabs

Attached: 13 tabs.png (1366x36, 3K)

Well, guess the time has finally come to end my habit of tab forests
Anyone here that could recommend a good tab manager extension?

Attached: 1532544670321.png (600x600, 728K)