Why don't they make phones like this anymore???

Why don't they make phones like this anymore???

Attached: 51Je2z+fioL.jpg (426x500, 42K)

>inb4 Okay what about this

Attached: 81wNcLbQjrL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1153, 148K)

Nobody bought them

Pic related is my first smartphone

Attached: Samsung-Epic-4G-open.jpg (1200x899, 294K)

because games are for fucking manchildren
who the fuck plays games in public too, are you this unaware of your image?

Weaker structural design, more expensive to manufacture, makes for a thiccer phone which is out of style nowadays, touchscreen keyboards are the norm now and pretty much everyone has learned to live with them...

I'd buy a modern version of this
>6/8GB RAM
>sd 835/845
>mSD
>android 8+
All I need from it's specs desu.

Because they don't care what people want, they make what will cost them less. Like 16:9 displays instead of 16:10.

definetly would buy modern smartphone with sliding qwerty keyboard

I agree when you're at work or in a social setting. seeing adults my age playing their 3DS Pokemon or whatever is kind of bizarre antisocial behavior
As someone who uses public trans frequently though i do get bored as shit and wouldnt mind playing a game and wouldn't really care what other bus riders though of it

>are you this unaware of your image?
Found the underageb&

>t. teenager

oh yes, please

>A PSP shittier than the PSP
>A smarphone shittier than smartphones

Joke's on you, I'm 30 years old and actually used the original Motorola Droid as my first smartphone. It was a piece of shit, 2 of them crapped out on me within a year and my friend's only lasted a little over a year for him. Weak link seemed to be the ribbon cable / connectors that ran between the sliding screen and the mobo.

I'll be honest, I'm using a Blackberry as a secondary device, I really like the keyboard, but to my surprise, I'm not as fast as with a virtual keyboard, and not even as comfortable. Keyboards have great uses, but imho not on a smartphone. If you used it like an actual computer, for example using a full Linux distro, then it would make sense, but trust me, physical smartphone keyboards are not that great

It's good to be bored and without a distraction. It gives you time to think.

When will Blackberry get a redemption arc Jow Forums? Just thinking about those keyboards gets me hard but pic related is just unacceptable.

Attached: 9200000077841491.jpg (550x430, 19K)

They don't fit in stacy's pocket

when they bring back the blackberry classic with blackberry 10 os and updated hardware, aka never

I'm also using a blackberry (keyone) and it's fucking great.
Only about 90% as fast as swiping, but like 2000% more accurate and you can type whatever you want, not just autocorrection indexed words.

I don't like to think. I always remeber parts where i made mistakes and stuff.

Attached: 23c91cd898cfeca8c9985c131c831fd9868a1751e1822ec252eed96d2b389265.gif (500x284, 321K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: 63748b192790a02ef873c42a87388a50.jpg (329x500, 29K)

>screenlet

Good luck viewing modern websites on that thing.

I like this keyboard. It's far from the worst, and the Key2 is even better as people say, but I am very happy with my K1

Attached: key2.jpg (840x560, 99K)

i remember using this phone. it was a comfy experience.

Oh I'm sure the keyboard is excellent, it's the retarded 4.5 inch screen they just had to cram above it that puts me off. At 3.5 inch I would have gotten a Key2 on release.

image being this insecure

>who the fuck plays games in public too
women

why else would there be millions of candy crush clones in the app stores

>are you this unaware of your image?
cuck

But then why are they making 18 or 19 by 9, notched screen, with rounded corner and curved edge? Surely a flat, rectangle, 16 by 9 display would be cheaper to manufacture.

when you can order the things in 100k lots, it probably doesn't matter anymore

As soon as they release a second Priv.
I'm still using the first one and love it. I'm even considering shipping mine off to do the RAM upgrade I've seen people talking about.

What? I also had that one, not sure how many times I dropped it and it kept working, not like more recent phones...
For example, I also had an Electrify 2, which fell off of a chair and the touchscreen shattered, becoming completely useless.
A few months ago I bought the Xiaomi Mi A1, and immediately bought a hard case and a screen protector (the phone comes with Gorilla Glass, but still). I have dropped this one 4 times with no damage done, though.

My dad had that phone. I remember trying to get it to play runescape.

>home back buttons are on the screen wasting space
>not just making them physical buttons on the bottom
WHY

This

Biggest buyers remorse ever. I got my one about 2 years after it came out. It wasent that expensive anymore but not cheep. The installed rom was terrible lots of bloat. Was able to get it rooted and got custom rom. No more bloat. Its better but it still has like 1gb of internal memory so you cannot get more than 1or 2 roms. Custom rom made triangle act as back button so eveytime I press it it turns off the game.have to manually find key files and re assign that button.
Overall I had some fun playing snes games but the poor spec made it not the console I wanted. I my old snes, psx, n64 roms. It was confy when it ac actually worked. But not the retro beast I hoped for. A new version with more up to date hardware would be cool.

All phones from that generation are shit. But they have most interesting designs.

>hey son we got that switch you wanted!
Also if you have to "hide" the gaming controls it proves you don't want to be seen in public with your toy that has phone capabilities. The best you're gonna get in 2018 is the moto z2 force with the gamepad mod. And only if you plan to stream to your PC or something.

Attached: 124235346124.jpg (680x414, 39K)

the play (probably verizon more than most) was plagued with a problem between gingerbread and ice cream sandwich between compatibility of the controls and touchpads. Downloading a rom back then to 4.0.4 from 2.3.4 would render my device useless as I didn't have cellular service or anything working. But hey my pads worked!

>he says as he posts on a forum full of little anime girls

How about a 100 gb ram and like an i7 processor and a bitchin' grafix card? That would be cool, huh

They released it too early, a few years later with better hardware it would have being a blas

1. No sales
2. Peripherals achieve the same effect

No joke, I'd pay good money for one of those with modern hardware.
I'm surprised Asus isn't ripping it off for that upcoming ROG Phone.

All the good mobile games are gachas. No need for controls.

i actually had OP's phone, it was the best phone I ever owned

Such a great phone. It served me well as my first smart phone. I wanted it to last forever, but it cracked and so did my ipod touch which led to my iphone 5 and now 7.
So many good memories with this phone, i miss those days.

This. Real men only play shitty mobile games that have no depth and show you ads every level.

I was a teenager when i got this. What now?

Timely thread, I actually revisited my Play and got it all set up again just recently

It's next to me right now, not bad for emulators. I used to have a shit ton of games on it, lost the SD card though. Many of them were pretty decent for mobile. It was never the most powerful device, but honestly I did like the shape of the phone, and how bulky it was. Had a nice solid thickness to it.

Attached: 1525222413021.gif (528x555, 816K)

>he doesn't play games with his girlfriend to help pass the time when waiting for shit
lmao @ this loser

Attached: asus_rog_phone_twinview_dock.jpg (1600x900, 156K)

>if you have to hide it
The gamepad doesn't slide in to hide the controls, it slides in so you can use it in portrait mode without being awkward as flip

Wish they made something similar, but the bottom part would be kinda like 3DS bottom one. So physical button and joystick and a small touchscreen. It would be nice for drastic and "citra android" once we reach that stage.

What's your point? Why is your autism triggered?

This was my first smartphone, pretty comfy desu