So

so...

when is the internet as we know going to end ???

Attached: download (2).jpg (194x259, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2018/08/22/us/verizon-throttling-california-fire-net-neutrality.html
maxis.com.my/en/personal/plans/postpaid-plans/maxisone.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This cocky nigger made too much noise. He basically pissed off everyone and his masters told him to cool it when states started passing their own laws to get around his sleazy bullshit.Basically, it backfired and Pajeet won't be getting the BMW he was promised from Comcast. In fact, he may be in hot water soon over the tampering with opinion polls thing.

Never thought of it that way, when will pajeet change?

>Not having net neutrality is not going to endanger anyone!!!11
nytimes.com/2018/08/22/us/verizon-throttling-california-fire-net-neutrality.html

ISPs are already being turds and throttling shit.

We knew this wasn't going to be an overnight change, it's more like a gradual descend so that you don't realize you're being scammed

All those idiots celebrating getting their speeds upgraded for free as a PR stunt as if that is going to matter now that ISPs can just throttle your ass

>the fire department should get special treatment
That's the complete opposite of net neutrality you fucking retard.

they already got called out for that bullshit, but if snopes says it's because of the repeal then it's got to be true according to you

Source: my ass

>when is the internet as we know going to end ???
When the US government gives away the internet address system to the UN.
Now rather than having the US government with it's constitutional requirement to protect free speech you get the UN with it's totalitarianism.

It's already a censored corporate shithole

>remove net neutrality
>may die in a fire due to lack of net neutrality
>still defend verizon

not defending a shithole company like Verizon that started this mess in the first place, but believing in that hippy dippy bullshit being the silver bullshit is naive, especially considering the "tech giants" that backed it would have used it to prevent any actual competition from themselves

*silver bullet

Do they not teach English reading comprehension in your third world shithole?
What does throttling the fire department have to do with net neutrality? If they didn't throttle them, it would be AGAINST net neutrality since they are treating the fire department specially. All you fucking idiots have no idea what net neutrality actually is. You just get lured by reddit into thinking it magically makes the internet better. If we had net neutrality we would have gigabit speeds with no limit for everyone! The ISPs are just obviously holding that back from us to get more shekels!

>prevent any actual competition
Are you telling me that USA ISPs are currently competitive?

Attached: 567130-home-isps-all-zip-codes.jpg (740x1000, 126K)

Speeds in the U.S are higher than in your third world shithole, and costs are lower when accounting for income.

deoends on where you are, but once 5G gets deployed people will have plenty of choices

Holy shit dude

Attached: sour grapes.jpg (924x857, 57K)

>The ISPs are just obviously holding that back from us to get more shekels!
Do you doubt that given how ISPs attack providers of content after normies found something to use their bandwidth on like Netflix?

>be me
>live in country with no Net Neutrality
>zero of reddit's doomsday scenarios came true
>have better internet than the majority of you

Unlike 91% of the USA, I have access to a >100mb connection at home.

At the office, there are two ISPs providing >100mb connections. Better than 99% of the USA.

Tell me more about this "third world shithole" stuff.

Holy shit, the shilling here is incredible.

Is there a troll factory controled by ISPs? Who in the right mind can say "we should give companies more power"

you need to go back

I do. It was never your power to take it or give it. If you're unhappy, don't give them business or start your own ISP. No one owes you anything.

You know what is funny? I am not in the USA, and I want for US internet to be BETTER, even though that is purely for US interests and will not benefit me at all.

...and I am getting flack for it.

From people defending Verizon. The same Verizon that throttled the fire department's internet during the largest fire on record in California.

Nice anecdotal example, but pretty much anyone living in an urban area in the U.S (80% of the population) has access to 100mb speeds. Your country is down in the 60s, with half the average of America.
And unlike 99.9% of Malaysia, I have access to a gigabit connection at home.
And at the office, we have a 100Gb link, better than 100% of Malaysia.

Attached: 1536114840.png (987x1988, 194K)

You keep on defending "net neutrality" and yet say that the fire department should get special treatment different from the rest of Verizon's customers. Which is it?

>Net Neutrality is repealed
>Nothing changes over night and anti-NN shills act like the were right the entire time

Seriously, take a mental snapshot of what it's like to use the internet right now and check back on it a decade from now. Nothing needs to change in a day.

obviously whichever sounds better on paper at the time

People who have a positive net worth as business owners. Of course if you life in your mom's basement and spend all the money you get on new GPUs and video games you won't understand.

>he doesn't realize when fixed 5G briadband connections come about in the next 2-3 years that everyone will look back on this and laugh
you're a complete idiot

>Name calling
oh man, you've convinced me

They shouldn't be throttling anyone. If you pay for 150/10 for example, you should get 150/10, not 10/10, not 90/10.

Stupid 16 year old shitposters from Jow Forums never seem to understand these simple concepts. The nuance of strategy and consequence escape them, resorting instead to petty self-righteous, partisan shitflinging.

Take your trash back where it belongs OP

Net-neutrality doesn't prevent throttling you mongoloid. Actually, even with NN, mobile companies are allowed to throttle.

Now that I think about it, there's hardly any mobile company in the world that allows unlimited, unthrottled LTE usage.

I'd say a good 70% of US homes have access to 100mbit. Literally every single cable company offers 100mbit download. Then there's telcos like Verizon/ATT that offer Gigabit.

That's why the US has faster internet than 90% of Yuroshit countries. SAD

Again, i'm pretty sure there's some company out there paying people to make this kind of comments.

Jow Forums has always been pro-consumer

What does throttling have to do with net neutrality? The fire department can pay for a different plan if they want to have a connection without throttling. There's no such thing as free lunch. If you want to eliminate throttling prices would just jump to compensate.

>not being throttled is considered "special treatment" by ISP shills

>how do tiered speed plans work

No, but net neutrality had special provisions to prevent these kind of arbitrary, exploitative practice such as non-advertised throttling or hidden data caps.

Keep licking that corporate boot though. Maybe they'll guild your useful idiot medal one day.

Newsflash, you have that in your shithole too. Except instead of throttling you, they just completely cut you off once you reach the limit. Sounds much better right?
maxis.com.my/en/personal/plans/postpaid-plans/maxisone.html

>Jow Forums has always been pro-consumer

Not in a while it hasn't. This board is just another victim of Jow Forums at this point.

None of those things are hidden.

True words, is a shame hiro doesn't give a fuck about it.

Hell, i'm pretty sure he's actually making money out of these shills.

10 years here, what a shame to see Jow Forums end up like this.

>Jow Forums
Jow Forums does not like Ajit's corporate bootlicking either. No, this just plain ISP shilling, not too different from what Apple/Samsung shills do.

And do not let this devolve into "there are no shills on Jow Forums!" stupidity. We all know it.

Except none of that happened.

>Keep licking that corporate boot though.

Exxcept it's you're the one doing it, in favor of companies like Netflix, >for free

Anyhow, just checked, and USA is now #6, beating out every single Yuro country outside of Iceland and Romania.

If we were to believe the retards on Jow Forums, the US wouldn't even be in the top 50 let alone in the top 6, which is really top4 if we take out city-states like Singapore and HK..

Attached: usa.png (545x2145, 84K)

Maybe you should worry about the ISPs in your own shithole country considering it's much worse than in America.

Yeah Jow Forums became too popular during the 2016 election and that caused Jow Forums to go to absolute shit, then Jow Forumstards started to migrate to other boards. Jow Forums is fairly easy to get into if you just know a little bit of shit.

>Jow Forums has always been pro-consumer

"pro-consumer" = libtard

Jow Forums has never been leftist on any issue

These are zero rating cellular plans you moron, that shit has nothing to do with NN

Where did I mention net neutrality you cretin? The tripfag apparently thinks throttling is bad. So is having a hard data limit better than throttling? Because that's how it works where he lives.

Weak trolling dude

Attached: 1481439502170.gif (147x154, 565K)

>just give your business to non existsnt competition instead
>pull 10 million in capital out of your ass to start your own ISP
>republishit illusion of choice

It was until the influx of Jow Forumstd tards. Now we just cheer whatever pisses liberals off now matter how much we fuck ourselves

Osps are already throttling youtube and Netflix and have been since it's repeal.

Data capping is how cellular plans work all around the globe. This shit has nothing to do with what's being discussed. It's neither better or worse than not having NN because it's a different beast altogether

The idiot tripfag was the one to bring up cellular plans. He thinks that "throttling" is somehow bad and violates net neutrality when the alternative would be just to completely cut the internet off (like how it is done in the shithole he lives in).

I still can't believe americucks let a literal P.Ajit ruin their internet

>overnight
Don't you mean several months? Anyway, I'm not commenting on your specific country. Mine has never had NN and none of your bullshit happened. But let me guess, it's right around the corner, right?

It can happen when the people in charge of legislation over the internet are crusty old men who have no idea how the internet works

the USA's score is actually really fucking impressive considering its massive size and dispersed population compared to like.... south korea.

Attached: 1536021026965.jpg (1000x1296, 914K)

Makes me chuckle to watch Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum on level1 badmouth Pai like a pair of illiterate fuck-tards.

Attached: level1techs.png (474x316, 139K)

stupid LIBTARDS wouldn't like it if we all shot ourselves in the foot with our GUNS, let's do it!!!! if you pussy out you're a fucking cuck libtard okay?

Kek. 5g aka history's biggest cash grab since "organic" food. Fucking Jew.

or fucking Singapore

are you fucking retarded? your post looks like it was typed by a retard

If it ever gets deployed
>it’ll be here any day now

>makes fun of retards
>is a retard
pottery

Doesn't this not have anything to do with net neutrality? Verizon's had capped plans for years, I think the exact same thing would've happened whether net neutrality was still a thing or not. Could someone explain the connection?
It seems pretty likely that articles are tacking net neutrality on this because they know it'll get more attention.

turns out eurocucks and left wing tech companies are the ones destroying the net right now. who coulda guessed.

>as he replies to the wrong post
WOMP WOMP

it's more about the fact the customer service rep didn't know what the fuck they were doing

You're pretty dumb to think that ISPs wanted to repeal the law for any reason other than passing other laws that favor them
Repealing NN was a good thing, but now other shit has to get repealed, shit that favors ISP oligarchies
Noone seems to be pushing for that though, either people ask for more regulation back on, or literal ISP shills moving goalposts with "nothing happened yet"
has noone here studied economics?

you're talking in hypotheticals and using fear-mongering tactics to believe the ISP boogeyman is going to turn full tyrant when everyone is on fucking eggshells since Pai went full retard and started rubbing shit in everyone's face
no ISP will be the first one to put the foot firward into no man's land

>It's not going to happen right away dumbass
>It's going to happen so slowly, it will be almost like I was completely wrong
literally their defense now

Pls, as of the US is doing a good job protecting free speech, let alone on the internet, let alone by US internet companies.

We need an Internet 2 that is specially designed so that it cannot be controlled, cannot be regulated, and cannot be stopped.

>let me tell you why you should be worried about something that isnt happening but could happen one day instead of being mad about the internet breaking and tyrannical shit that is currently coming out of eurostan and leftech companies

Well, it's in the EU where they heavily censor webites, such as "hate speech" or piracy websites. Also in the EU you can get thrown in jail for making crude jokes or racist comments.

>the fire department should get special treatment
Actually they are getting special treatment. This is what throttling is. Net neutrality is where no one is treated special.

So if they shut down internet for everyone that would be OK because it's neutral and no one is treated special?

eight years ago

Nope. It just was doomsday bullshit from underage redditors and anti-Jow Forums tweens

>muh hypotheticals
yep, and the best part is that eill never happen

that's what meshnets are for, too bad that you'll never see a real life deployement to replace the Internet as we know it

Yes, then the company goes bankrupt.

So can someone give me solid proof that net neutality was fucking isp over in any way from operating? And that they're aren't making mad profit with or without it.

Their problem is regulation in the slightest, on a private company, is an undue burden. This is why ISP's tried their hardest from being labeled as public utilities over fear of having to remain neutral. Meanwhile, they want to regulate social media networks for banning them because they're too stupid to find out political opinion isn't a protected states. Meanwhile, their states are trying to revert gays from being a protected status. The mental gymnastics are mind blowing really.

just get a vpn