Shit you regret buying

What are the things you thought would be a good idea to buy, but actually suck or were never used?
>Draw for a hobby
>700 for an low end ipad, 1000 for a real drawing tablet, or 300 for a mid-range surface pro 3
>hey, it's got windows so i can use real apps! I can also take it anywhere and just draw when i get bored
>buy it and some accessories
>draws alright for the money i spent, works better with a few adjustments to settings
>use it for about a week
>one USB, microsoft's scaling is shit, meh battery life and shitty keyboards
>stop using it as often
>been collecting dust for over a year
I have only used to print shipping slips when my printer decides not to recognize my phone.

Attached: RE1ImW7.jpg (752x423, 26K)

Chromebook

I like the idea of E-Reading - but my Kobo Aura One never gets screen time. 200+ down the drain

Raspberry Pi

Attached: area51m (4).jpg (640x480, 151K)

looks like a toy
probably is one

Bought a Samsung Surface Tablet like 5 years ago to replace my iPad and sold it within a month and bought another new iPad. Fuck I hate Android.

Also got a Galaxy Note 5 with insurance money when I broke my iPhone and sold it within two months because it was garbage pajeet tier gimmicky tech. iPhone 7+ is goat.

Samsung is garbage tier Android to begin with.
Not to mention Android has never worked well on tablets.

why spend 200+ on an e-reader!?

semi relevant..
Can someone post the pic of the one guy selling some Kind of amp/Receiver, and after each exchanged pic with the buyesr, it gets more and more broken.

It's comfy I just never fucking use it.

Attached: download.jpg (4272x2848, 771K)

This. I bought an HP Chromebook 11 G1 in 2014 and regretted almost immediately. Performance made it nearly unusable, even with only 10 tabs open.
The fucking thing can't even do the one thing it was specifically designed from the ground up to do.

>tfw i have costumers coming in and asking if there's anything to make it faster/better

Attached: tumblr_o7x4t0WwSi1uc56o3o1_640.png (600x600, 131K)

For me it was the note 12.2
Which I still think is a good idea poorly executed.
I replaced it with a 10.1 with spen

But really anyone who thinks tablets are good for anything other than consuming media is dreaming.
No full versions of any program and crippled functionality for copy paste.

I'm going to replace my tablet with the new mini surface.
Full version of Windows and semi decent keyboard in a size that makes it possible to use I a plane in economy

>the one thing it was specifically designed from the ground up to do.
That's what they told you.
It was actually intended to hold a place in the Chromebook world for HP so they could decide whether it would be profitable.

This keyboard kit.
>Bad fn layout
>Can't be reprogrammable
>Very limited RGB backlighting
>Screws for the feet doesn't fit, forcing you to tape them instead
Should've waited for the superior YMD96 instead

Attached: Screenshot_AliExpress_20180905-143707.png (1080x1920, 633K)

N3DS.
No appeal for me.
Played animal crossing and smash for a few weeks, then got bored.

Fell for the smartwatch meme, this case the Moto360. Sure was cool for a week or so, but charging every night and the old soc made me switch to my trusty Casio which still runs on the same battery after 3 years lol

i sorta wanted one to control my music at the gym and shit, but wireless headphones took care of that.

Attached: 1514711820128.jpg (989x1005, 172K)

NO NO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1534250366684.jpg (833x768, 50K)

you're just charging/typing/touching/looking it wrong

I bought my Surface 2017 to be my everything portable device, I ended up only using it for art, every other laptop thing is done on my $150 Acer, much worse specs yet I rather use that for general use.

Bought a 10" tablet some years ago. Probably should have gotten hp stream or something similar for the same money

I love my 3DS. It's one of the only electronic devices I've ever owned that was outrageously durable and reliable, never even once slightly malfunctioning.
If you buy more games for it, I think you'll like it a lot. There are even a lot of games that actually use the 3D as a game mechanism and not just a visual gimmick and thus cannot be played very well with the 3D off (e.g. Mighty Switch Force, Mutant Mudds, etc).

You just didn't have a large enough library.

mfw trying to install hacked firmware on it

Attached: pexels-photo-761142.jpg (525x350, 50K)

Yeah, Nintendo doesn't really like it when you fuck around with their products too much. No idea why. If you use it as intended, though, it's pretty great. I've had mine for 7 years now and it's still functioning like the day I bought it.

>hp stream
DONT

Install GestureSign.

Are you too fat to fit in it, user?

I bought the first surface that microsoft released. the one that you couldn't even adjust the hinge kickstand. surface products are shit

Loving my 2017 Surface Pro.

Fucking /v/ can do that.
You have to be braindead yo brick your n3ds - close the lid while on downgraded firmware despite multiple warnings to not do it.

Nintendo security is piss poor. You could fucking pirate titles straight from their eshop.
Switch is hackable with bloody clip...

I really wanna see this too

Bitcoin
:(

Attached: eeeeeee.png (439x636, 596K)

>apps

Attached: 1361439491454.jpg (460x345, 44K)

2x SilentiumPC Zephyr 140 $9 case fans.
They're fucking shit, often can't start by themselves, when they're horizontally then not even on full 12V, and the one I used as outtake fan was loud as fuck.

>G4MER NRG

Attached: 1518316114344.jpg (569x567, 114K)

A Casio camera watch for $500 in 2000.

Over-expensive, piece-of-crap tinkertoy. Good for nothing.

Attached: bca766ddb783a67be2970fa1c491fbdf.jpg (480x672, 41K)

Must be bait

Since when does anyone refer to any OS as an "app?"
I have literally never seen anyone refer to a scrips, shell, batch file, compiler, daemon, service, or patch as an "app" either. Who made this shit meme?

I got my grandpa an iPad Air 2 for christmas. He loved it but it literally died for no reason right after the 1 year warranty expired. The meme is real. Never felt buyer’s remorse this hard.

9'7 ipad (not the pro) is unironically good for it's price, they're not overly overpriced like other apple products and samsung tablets.

first gen products have the potential to be complete shit or decent. this is why I don't really buy them.

>>hey, it's got windows so i can use real apps!
lol. you fell for that.

>tablets are good for anything other than consuming media is dreaming.
I was thinking of getting one of those samsung tablets with the oled screen for night time reading but the options available make no sense because of fucking android
you can buy the oldest tab s2 for 400 dollary doos and never receive another update, pay twice as much for the tab s3 and get one more update or 900 dollary doos for the tab s4 and get two updates sometime during the next 2-3 years
why the cock samsung don't sell a pared down linux clone tablet with oled, wifi and no cellular shit I will never understand
where is the modern day cowon media consumption device but with working internet? why is it all this android garbage with no long term support or windows with no long term battery

Dxracer forsure make fun of me all you want but i just wanted a comfy chair with good elbow rests

iPad and an iPhone ... I switched to Android last year and i have no clue why some people think Apple stuff is the best when it clearly is nothing more than a fashion accessory while you can actually get work done with Android.

>android never works on tablets
How bad is it really? I am annoyed by the IOS on my ipad

Ergodox EZ. After a month of usage, I still couldn't type any faster than 35 wpm on it.

You’re better off with one of those touchscreen chromebooks

Android in general has pisspoor support if you buy anyting but samsung

Bought one in 2016 still shit
But after i installed ubuntu, its great. Use it in university
Still wish I invested more

I5-6600k
Should have gotten the i7

Why is that? Muh cinebench scores?
5% performance increase isn't worth 25% extra $$

Bought on sale never used it

Attached: 4674BB88-A7EE-43D7-8972-68BCF611DEB7.jpg (1200x800, 33K)

Better than getting the 6500 with a B150 chipset, you can at least try your luck with overclocking... :'( At least I got Doom 2016 with the motherboard and RS Siege with the processor.

I couldn't even use mine because it would just freeze and shut down unexpectedly. 50% of the time when you turned it on, it would just give you a glowing black screen.

Cheap HDMI + Cat6 cable combo. Steam Link on sale: $5 + $8 shipping = $13
1 single HDMI cable = $15

that's neat though the pics look literally gameboy camera-tier bad
any worthwile modern thing that's similar?

Get cables off aliexpress, for some reason cables are ridiculously overpriced in west. 2m HDMI2 4€.

buying ps4 and Mipad 2. MIUI is cancer to use

This piece of shit. It disconnects itself during big files transfers and it's slow af, especially when formatted in ntfs (exfat by default)

Attached: kingston_dtse9g2_32gb_datatraveler_se9_g2_usb_1129382.jpg (1000x1000, 36K)

I'd love to know how laptops, which just exploded, we're repaired to a perfect condition.

Years ago I got one of those HP dv9000t's. Fucking had to send it in cuz the stupid hinges broke and then later on the video chip died. Shitty ass overheating design.

Official support for Android on tablets doesn't even exist anymore.

fuug i remember that, i was gonna buy it, good thing i was a poorfag at the time.

Anything by HP. My first home computer was a fucking HP Pavalion set that came with a printer. The thing could barely run anything, it blue screened or overheated daily. The printer was the loudest thing on the planet, sounded like a trash compactor filled with glass.

I've hated on HP for the rest of my life. Won't even touch an HP laptop if a collegue is struggling with anything.

>1000 for a real drawing tablet
You don't need a Cintiq dipshit, especially if you're just a hobbiest. Just get a fucking Wacom Bamboo or Intuos
>b-but I need to see where I'm drawing
No you don't. It's something you get used to after maybe a week of practice at most.

do you tell then to do a minimal debian install with openbox as wm ?

I regret and returned every single piece of tech I've bought in the last decade with the exception of my smartphone. Laptop, Desktop, and Tablet form factor has been an open sewer for a long time.

mechanical keyboard
16Gb RAM
4k monitor
i7 7700
1050Ti

basically every fucking Jow Forums recommended piece of shit. fuck you with your fancy consumerist crap you buy just to fill the emptyness in your souls and to hide your cripling depression. Fuck americans fuck you all. die already

This.
>only burgers are consumerist
kys

You bought AMD stuff?

No, just did not want to use my OLED TV for PC stuff. Still waiting on the sub-$1000 75" upper tier LED TV price point. It's getting close at around $1500 during sales. But, I should have waited to buy the CouchMaster until then. It just collects dust now.

Pretty much. Cringe German advertising.

Chinese Wii controllers that did not work.

Porta Pros
What a piece of shit.

I'm more curious why the guy kept on buying macbooks. Or is it not his stuff?

Why do you prefer the Acer? Is that keyboard with no actual hinges uncomfortable as I suspect?

let me guess you bought at 20K

>>Draw for a hobby
This is were I found out you're faggot

>draws for a hobby
>buys a 2 in 1 productivity tool instead of pencil and paper
congrats fag you played yourself

X201T. It's not that I'm disappointed but I expected more than it was. I did use it until its display broke (some connection actually but in the display unit I think) though and it served me well enough. The thing is it was too bulky for a tablet, I don't even mean a handheld tablet. I was using it for taking notes and it was too thick to rest my hand comfortably, especially when I had extended battery and the whole thing was tilted one way. That being said, it could serve as a proper laptop and I liked the choice of software for notes. Now I have a regular laptop and an android tablet and I detest android. Touch-only input is just so tiring, coupled with lack of serious software and immaturity of virtual keyboards for big devices (fuck, nobody uses 10"+ tablets). I have a physical keyboard for it but it's a hassle to carry around because I can't snap it to the tablet while leaving the display available when most of the time I use only the pen. Also samsung built quality is questionable but at least I was able to replace side buttons (which I needed to because whole thing is held by latches and there were a few right next to the buttons).

I bought an Android tablet for taking notes and now I'm wondering whether having the pen on the screen actually doesn't get in the way.

Don't bully. He's probably just Jow Forums or Jow Forums kid trying to improve himself.

>mechanical keyboard
I love mine, its way better than the other crap
>16Gb RAM
Yeah, I have to move up to 32Gb, space is limited
>4k monitor
Enjoy the meme
>i7 7700
nothing wrong with that
>1050Ti
i7 and a 1050ti, are you insane?

after the spectreupdate its bottlenecking my gpu and I can feel the performance diffrence to before the patch.
I would have not regreted the buy if spectre did not happen

>i7 and a 1050ti, are you insane?

Same. It's a beautiful piece of hardware, but I don't use it nearly enough.
My mum absolutely loves it, however, so I let her keep it until I get back into books.

I know your pain
my old company used HP pc and laptops. I got the laptop. It sucked

ipad 2 years ago
iphone 7, refurbished

>300$ cpu
>150$ gpu
what else do you need a gtx1050ti for. Only other reason I would buy one is for mulitmedia shit on 4K

Anything by Acer in general. Phones are horrendous. Hell, when my little brother (he was like 12 at the time) asked why is his phone so slow I checked it with CPU-Z.
Fucking idiots put in a SD 200.

I'm using a 10 year old Acer laptop right now.

The Nikon D3300. I kick myself every time i take a picture for not paying the extra 150$ for the Sony A6000. Learned my lesson to not fall for meme technology.

200 series?? Really?? That's not even good enough for watches!

I have an eight year old Latitude and it works perfectly fine, but every time I get something from Acer it always breaks within a year. And I don't even so anything crazy.
And it was running 5.0, too. Jesus.

>Put gallium on Chromebook
>Use it more often than my PC now

IDK why someone would regret buying one, they're cheap and have very reasonable specs, I even do some light gaming on mine

Maybe you should grow up then you'll realise some people use CPU for other things than gayming and they don't need expensive GPU which they will simply do not use.

Thinkpad x250, x230 was better.