Apologize

>OpenCL was initially developed by Apple Inc. OpenCL 1.0 released with Mac OS X Snow Leopard on August 28, 2009.

Attached: OpenCL_Logo.svg.png (227x227, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API)
developer.apple.com/macos/whats-new/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry for your loss

Deprecated by Vulkan.

Yes.
Though I fear many people don't realise this and think vulkan is just for graphics.

vulkan can be used to write a key bruteforcer? how?

Yeah no. You either use ROCm or CUDA

yes

redpill me on Vulkan please

I'm OpenGL/OpenCL enthusiast...

>OpenCL was initially developed by Apple
how does "hey, you should make gpgpu framework and I will name it" counts as "development"?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API)
go nuts

>Deprecated by Vulkan.
it's not deprecated, it's merged with vulkan.

Freetard cope. You wouldn’t have Chromium if it wasn’t for Apple conceiving WebKit.

developer.apple.com/macos/whats-new/

>Deprecation of OpenGL and OpenCL
>Similarly, apps that use OpenCL for computational tasks should now adopt Metal and Metal Performance Shaders.

AYY LMAO
Y
Y

AMD tried their hand at their homegrown API called Mantle which was released with R9-290x.

It failed miserably as developers didn't sign on because Nvidia has them by the balls.

So AMD opensourced Mantle and it became Vulkan. Everything an API should be - cross platform, opensource, fast development.

Vulkan is not Mantle

>It failed miserably
It was a tremendous success, since it kickstarted this whole "low level graphics API" thing.
>So AMD opensourced Mantle and it became Vulkan
Many parts of Vulkan are taken from Mantle and other technologies, but it's not right to say that Vulkan is Mantle.

They are very very similar.

Not a problem. There's an efficient Vulkan to Metal mapper already.

Apple just folk KDE html render engine.

mantle at the time of its launch till it died, was the fastest uptake for an api we had ever seen.

because amds end goal was an open standard, they got the ball rolling with mantle and handed most of the research off.

Apple doesn't even support OpenCL 2.0/2.1 afaik. They are going on full compute based on metal

wasn't webkit a fork of KHTML from KDE?

Opencl is a poor knockoff of CUDA. Theres a reason why virtually no one uses it seriously and it had to be shoehorned into some apps because of apple throwing a shitfit after switching to AMD graphics cards

I thought it was an silicon graphics project initially. Isnt opencl is from the same roots as opengl?