Please end this nightmare

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/kzyd4m/researchers-used-sonar-signal-from-a-smartphone-speaker-to-steal-unlock-passwords

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-05-14-33-41.png (1280x720, 93K)

I use based pattern unlock which is invulnerable to this.

>based pattern unlock
Huh?

>he doesn't use randomized number layout on lock screen

Attached: 1535350024737.jpg (238x212, 11K)

>randomized number layout on lock screen
Always wondered why this isn't a default option in android/apple

Good thing i dont use a password

This. All you password favs must be quaking in your little booties. Meanwhile us non-password users don't have to worry about our passwords getting stolen. Boy you faggots must be feeling stupid right now.

The number keys are still nodes of a graph and can be interpreted

Get with the time, boomers, and use fingerprint for unlocking.

Attached: 1509854258250.png (1024x1113, 73K)

They can still narrow it down to the exact number of digits, which reduces brute force times considerably.
That's what this is about. Reducing bruteforce times, not just getting your pin directly.

you are actually forced to enter a pin or password as fallback when enabling your fingerprint

>it's only useful for guestimating 3x3 grip patter passwords and not alphanumeric with symbols passwords
It's fucking nothing

Attached: le_serious_cat.jpg (1172x1646, 125K)

They can still easily brute force the solution.
Instead of knowing your password is, for example, 12345678 they'd see "abcdefgh" letting them know you have 8 different digits (removing all the possible combinations of less digits, and all the combinations with repeating digits in this case). Out of 100 million possible solutions it's narrowed down to under 2 million combinations, which means it's well over 50 times faster to brute force your password now. Not to mention it's significantly easier to brute force if you have repeating digits, and/or have less than 8 digits in the password (most people have 4, making it exponentially easier to break)

Yeah just the most used android lock. dumb tripfag

No it isn't, 90% of new android phones have a fingerprint scanner rendering this attack completely useless unless that 1/100,000,000,000th time the user uses the backup pin.

I'm not going to open a vice article. Not that I care because I already tell that it's clickbait.

I literally just slide right to unlock. I use my phone to make and receive calls. I don't have pictures, messages, or even contacts. You could steal my phone physically and it would mean nothing. Using phones for anything other than calls is something of women.

absolutely based and redpilled
I do the same thing

How do you even start programming something like this ?????????

first you install gentoo

>The attack begins when a user unwittingly installs a malicious application on their phone.

into the trash it goes

>the user has to install a malicious program first
>and they can only reduce the brute force attack area by 70%

if this works with a malicious program in the background why can't they make it reveal the actual pattern.

this is just clickbait

Well 90% of android phones are not new. Your point?

Meh, your loss
>