Tfw Intel's garbage CPooUs keep slowing down

>tfw Intel's garbage CPooUs keep slowing down
>meanwhile bulldozer is aging like fine wine
Where my FX bois at?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (500x424, 44K)

there was only 4 generations of FX chips though...

>bulldozer is aging like fine wine
yes, it is
best buy 2011, still best now

I'm an AMD fanboy. Skipped the FX line completely while staying on my Phenom II x4 945. But even I know the FX line was a hard failure. Regret building wifes computer on FX4300 with 1tb HDD 5years ago. Swapped in an ssd to give a day to day performance boost. Not so bad now. But a 480ssd 5 years ago was nearly a grand.
Looking forward to giving her a mind bending overhaul with the Zen 2 line next year.

Attached: 1534392078274.jpg (500x548, 53K)

My fx 6300 was horrible. My 8400 is based. Fuck amd

FX is still fantstic for multi threaded programs/workloads.
Especially considering you get get them for dirt fucking cheap on ebay.
IPC doesn't matter anymore, the majority of computers sold have fucking celeries in them

I licked a celery once

My Pentium 4 was horrible. My r5 2600 is based. Fuck Intel.

>ipc doesn't matter anymore
FX was garbage man, and it still is garbage today.

chances are she doesn't care
I learned the hard way that women will feign interest in anything to keep their partner happy. Just slap her ass and take her out for a meal instead and she won't find herself able to care

Enjoy being a corelet with massive backdoors
le IPC literally doesn't matter. Anything that's as fast as a core2quad is more than enough, especially with 6 or more cores.

fx 4320 running strong here, once i see it falling behind i'll do a easy overclock to get him on his legs again

>Enjoy being a corelet with massive backdoors
I would literally would rather have le back doors user (implying that fx had none) if my only other choice was an fx cpu.
>le IPC literally doesn't matter. Anything that's as fast as a core2quad is more than enough, especially with 6 or more cores.
FX IPC was no where near core2 though. I don't understand why you are even shilling fx today? Did you remove a shit ton of fx cpus from a business, and are you offloading them on ebay, or some shit?

Cope

What the fuck are you on about you monkey?

Attached: 2018-09-05-1536156295.png (713x425, 58K)

>looks at clockspeeds, and thread rating
I rest my case.

They're not that great of chips, just accept it.

Zen is where you should focus your attention, ignore the garbage that amd put out from 2011-2016 please.

I'm looking at per core IPC, which is higher on FX.
Are you retarded my man?

Attached: xsdiagnosis.jpg (871x653, 46K)

>They're not that great of chips, just accept it.
I never said that they were. FX cpu were junk (and I still own one, but I understand what it is).

FACT: Phenom II aged a lot better than FX shit.

FX was and is great for Linux, especially when the alternative to it was 2c/4t i3s.

not him but do some basic clockspeed math stupid nigger

There's no helping you retard. Can you fuck back off to AMD wagelet, because you really don't belong here.

Your wife sounds fat and sweatie

Attached: DFZAalmXkAE0jsn.jpg (901x1200, 180K)

Not really, Phenom II Thuban/Denebs are aging kinda poorly if you need anything like the newer SSE Extensions (Like 4.1, 4.2) and AES-NI. FX series have these but Phenom II wont.

Looking past that, they did age quite well.

Imagine thinking women weren’t people

wow it has a higher clock speed but the same TDP and runs much cooler than incel garbage
wooow do some math it's soooo much worse
Do they discount your plane tickets to tel aviv for the pride parade there? shilling for intel seems like a great gig

I remember unlocking my phenom to 4 cores.
Good times

It's not possible for FX to get any worse anyway
Prove me wrong

see

This absolute mothefucker right here.

I'm STILL using this AMD X4 620 from 2009. It runs perfectly fine. Even games, those rely mostly on Graphics Card performance anyway. First sub 100$ Quad-core CPU, never regretted this budget buy.

based
what are your temps like

have a pic too

Attached: athlon_x4_620_box.jpg (800x600, 129K)

What games you playing Renaldo?

i don't have to imagine

unironically a fantastic chip from a time where you could build a desktop for $400

how do I unsubsribe from your blog

it can get quite hot but usually my setup can keep it around 65°C max temp. Shutdown would be 68°C and temp death would be 71+°C. With a newer graphic card, I also had to add some small cooling for the board chipset or the overall temp woul cause a shutdown, but it's stable now even on hot summer days so yeah that's it.

what kinda fans and paste are you using? The athlon II's were usually 50-55 with avg load

currently none, maybe some heros of might and magic but I still played quite well the witcher III and fallout4, even though the later was limited to medium settings then.

here im with my FX6300 just waiting for ZEN3 to come out and still give all my support to the best CPU company

actually same, jumped from pentium 4 to R5 2600

bullshit

>tfw had a chance to buy FX CPU in on those cool tin boxes
>opted for i5 instead
>Intel started leaking
>had to change whole 3 PCs from Intel to AMD
My biggest regret is not getting that cool box. Yes, I know I can buy similar one for a dollar, but it won't have AMD logo and color scheme

Attached: 1460077872496.png (882x758, 17K)

Renaldo is based and redpilled.

>55 avg load
would be nice but this cpu always hoovered near the limit for me. Even though I changed motherboard/ case once already.

>paste
HAHAHA, I'm still using my very first tube "cooler master deluxe" bought together with my AMD Athlon XP (this computer also still works btw but I'm not exatly using it), from 2005 I think.

The X4 620 I put in a DELL optiplex case with integrated CPU fan, for the chipset I simply took a old amd-duron-boxed cpu cooler and screwd it onto the chipset cooling finns.

well that's your problem then. Get some noctua NT-H1 and a decent fan. Watch those temps drop

i went from being a normalfag that didnt use a pc (so i had a slow one with a pentium 4) to being a normal fag who games, now i dont even game but do more intensive tasks

Semiconductors work best when hot. You don't want it to melt but that's how it is. This setup already runs stable for a decade so I'm reluctant to change it, even though lower temp would also mean a reduction in noise.

>Semiconductors work best when hot

Attached: 1530484340126.png (1920x1080, 1.45M)

Rebuilt my fx6300 machine recently, it's such a great processor

Transistors have more current leakage the hotter they are, user. I don't know who told they work best when "hot" but that isn't even remotely accurate. A chip kept at room temperature would be ideal.

semiconductors conduct better when hot, and isolate when too cold. physics. it's the same with transistors, thus "leakage". there is nothing wrong with what I stated before. only because you think cpu=transistors then leakage must be bad, you still have to consider the material used, the design and in the end of course the specification. As long as you do not overstepp the limit, it's perfectly fine to be in the higher allowed temp range.

Attached: hey.jpg (590x350, 44K)

A chip with less leakage will use less power.
You're just babbling.

who else paid full price at launch for this piece of shit

Attached: fx8350.png (531x235, 14K)

the cool tin was literally the best part of these cpus.
boxlets will never recover

I own one, but God did I hold me back alot

I wonder how slow is sandy vagina with all security hole patches.

I've got a Sandy Bridge toughbook and its pretty bad. Its slower than my Llano A6 3650 now.

7nm refresh when. I'll settle for 14nm. Lisa, please...

>paying millions of dollars to port a terrible design to a leading edge FinFET process when it was originally designed for planar SOI
Wew. No.
Even Excavator is garbage compared to a low clocked Zen core, and Excavator shits all over Piledriver.

The front end in the Construction core family was just hopelessly bad.

I used a FX 6300 for 5 years. Bought ryzen the second it was out. If it wasn't for my oc to 4.5Ghz I never would have made it.

Who knows, maybe Sony and MS will do another revision of their consoles.
They still use the old architectures as far as I know.

Attached: 7xk80b2dne711.jpg (620x247, 56K)

The consoles use CPU from the Cat core family, not the Construction core.
The Cat family is one of the most impressive things AMD had ever done, Zen included. The performance they got for the transistor count, power usage, and die area is absolutely remarkable.

AMD could have scaled up the Cat core line and demolished the Construction cores in IPC.
The 1.5ghz A4 5000 Kabini chip had about 30 to 40%~ of the performance of the 4ghz Piledriver FX 4300.
Kabini clocked at 4ghz alone would totally embarrass Bulldozer and Piledriver.

>8350
>piece of shit
watch your mouth pretty boi. For me that's was the first high end processor I was actually able to afford, since intel like sheckels so much that at the time a Q6600 was still the same price.

I am using it right now. and you and I both know it certainly wasn't "high end" even if it was the best amd had to offer chief.

A4 5000:
4 core, 1.5ghz

CPU Queen: 10811
FPU Mandel: 1708
Cinebench 11.5 single: .39
Cinebench 11.5 multi: 1.5

FX 4300
4 core, 4ghz

CPU Queen: 20208
CPU Hash: 1967
FPU Mandel: 3465
Cinebench 11.5 single: 1.04
Cinebench 11.5 multi: 3.24

4 Jaguar cores with L2 cache is 26.2mm2
4 Piledriver cores/2 modules with L2 is 61.8mm2, though they are fabbed on a process one half node larger than Jaguar core parts.
4 Jaguar cores at 1.5ghz draw about 8-10 watts under full load.
4 Piledriver cores at 4ghz draw about 52 watts under full load.

4 Jaguar cores offer roughly 40-55% of the performance of Piledriver cores while being clocked 2.667 times slower and drawing about 1/5 of the power. Each core has its own front end. Its own decode and dispatch. Branch prediction is somewhat considerably better than their larger cores. Each core has its own independent 128bit FPU which clock for clock performs better than Piledriver's FPU.
8 of these cores together have plenty of FPU/vector performance, and thanks to their shorter pipeline and better branch prediction have tons of room for potential when compiling.

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-05-22 at 11.53.27 PM.png (1425x755, 418K)

AMD did manage to get about 2.2ghz out of it with the Beema refresh on GloFo's 28nm node.
I forget if they ever ended up releasing the part that pushed up to 2.4-2.5ghz, but needless to say it highlights how poor the whole Construction core family was.

Attached: AMD-Beema-vs-Kabini-SOC.jpg (1500x829, 232K)

this underage faggots are just butthurt that babbies first cpu is shit

got an used A4-7300 running in parents desktop @3,9. 20 bucks and 25 for the refurbished mobo

Obviously you never had an Intel Q6600

Attached: q6600.jpg (700x592, 115K)

The low end parts were super cheap, you have to give them that. Some of them brand new were only $45.
The new Raven Ridge Athlons are launching at either $50 or $55 which is worth note.

It's a 33% increase in clock for a 25% increase in single core score.
t. not them but 2700x owner.

The security patches don't affect anything older than Haswell because those processors won't get them, lol.

had A fx8320 that handled pretty good, but sadly I accidentaly set my house on fire while blacked out drunk.

Kinda miss the cheap ol bastard.

>aging like fine wine
I mean, you take a piece of shit and it just so happens to become a slightly lesser piece of shit, who's really winning?

Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge both received microcode updates to mitigate some of the Meltdown and Spectre threats. They still had noticeable performance impact.

should I get a thinkcentre with an A12?

You mean Zen 2

The Carrizo/Bristol Ridge APUs are just good enough. If the BIOS isn't terribly locked down and you can get some moderately fast RAM to boot in them then they're okay.
I think the top binned Bristol Ridge chip they offered has a 3.1ghz base, and just a 3.8ghz turbo which is pretty paltry, and only ever reached when the GPU isn't being stressed at all.
It depends on how cheap you can get the complete system.

Because the Jaguar CPU was current when the PS4 was out. Only reason why.

>But even I know the FX line was a hard failure

>t. Intel fanboy

I'm here running cool and getting it done..

Attached: NB OC.png (1128x577, 245K)

Also FX had the best motherboard ever made for it.

Attached: AB50837_1.jpg (858x1000, 907K)

Damn I can't wait for another ultra durable Gigabyte mobo, heard the most recent one isn't that good and can fail easily, although maybe those were just bad boards.

It really is so sad to see Ultra durable™ pretty much disappear on the high end market, that 990FX-UD3 had it all, 8+2 phase, dual Nvidia/AMD GPU support, it didn't have the gaymen aesthetic, but it was a damn good gaming board, as well as a workstation board if you wanted it for that.

Now all the Z370 boards have shitty VRMs,, only one PCIe x16 slot, and are basically low end H boards that have the Z chipset on them to OC, which is not going to be very good with a 4 phase VRM in the first place so you're fucked.

Attached: IMG_0248.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

My FX-8350 served me very well for the 5 years that I had had it.
I've always messed around with VMs, passthrough, did a lot of compilation for university and those were all things the FX were exceptionally good at for a fraction of the price of what Intel had to offer for this segment. Sure, the Haswell i5s pulled 40% higher FPS in games but aside from a few unoptimized ones that didn't even matter.
I own a [email protected] now and I think I'm gonna keep this for another 3-4 years.

>it's the exact same guy with the exact same images shilling his ud3 mobo
Every time there's a FX thread you're on it. What drives you to do this?

Ayyyyyy 8c/8t FX for life bro.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that fell for the "MORE COARZ ZEN 7NM" memes to get you to buy new CPUs when FX is still perfectly good.

I get pissed that motherboards have shit for io and VRMs while costing alot because muh gaymen, and Jow Forums eats that shit up yet this ancient fucking board from fucking years ago had a really great, clean as fuck VRM, io was great, price was great, if we had boards like this today, I would've gotten a ryzen 1800X already, but i'ts crazy money to get an 8+2 phase ryzen board. but an 8+2 phase board was standard fare for a $100 AM3+ board, that's why I post and talk shit about new boards, to let people know that we are getting ripped the fuck off with these new silkscreened PCBs that have barely anything for power delivery..

>My fx 6300 was horrible. My 8400 is based. Fuck amd
8400 is losing performance by day.
6300 has seen only uplifts with new s/w, f/w

>FX is still perfectly good

FX is dogshit compared to Ryzen
Can't wait for 7nm Zen2 to come out so I can get rid of my FX

>MUHHH VRM
Yeah right, tell how niggers are running 8350s on a fucking a78lm without problems for years

Yes the VRM matters very much, especially if you wanna do a slight voltage bump for a nice 10% overclock, while being able to run the CPU at full load for long periods of time without overheating the vrm, throttling, or damaging it because it got to hot, of course a 78LMT can run an 8 core at stock, but the VRM is gonna get really toasty even at stock.

Cope

Lmao, okay shill. The FX can handle anything you throw at it even in today's world. Have fun wasting your money ona fucking meme "7nm" lol.

>okay shill

I literally own FX cpu for the last 5 and a half years, stfu

Attached: 1532728138924.png (1000x1000, 648K)

So this is a buyers remorse thread in which you try to find reasoning for a bad purchase?

This is truly like wine fags who claim to taste region, year, season and other shit in wine despite multiple times having been proven to make their shit up.

We say it aged like fine wine because the 8350 is still faster than a RYZEN 3 2200G, yes that's newer and more efficient, but the fact of the matter is that with multithreaded games, you can still get by if you've had a Vishera rig for a few years.