/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: angel_beats! goto-p gym_uniform headphones photo tenshi.jpg (1139x1377, 792K)

Other urls found in this thread:

staxheadphones.com/
github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/92b08s/eq_settings_for_700_headphones/
youtu.be/fwP8gHWdiqM
diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/akg/akg-k612/
youtube.com/watch?v=JmjYX8FDZTw
youtu.be/RUxgqJ4sqzM
diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-a-i/custom-one-pro/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nah man, I just EQ.

Z for Zeos.

Attached: 0D7F1347-2351-434B-951E-FCF7B8371D5A.jpg (1758x989, 193K)

HD600 HAS NO BASS

First for good Chinese IEMs

Attached: IMG_20180825_190556-01.jpg (3035x4059, 1.13M)

You don’t need IEMs when you can get Baldoor E100’s.

Does anyone here know where bcan i purchase a srm-353x set to 230v that ships worldwide?
I'm having issue finding a good 230v to 100v transformer

Okay quick question, let's say I have hearing loss so I turn up my headphones past the safe hearing limits in order to compensate and an achieve a normal listening volume, would that put my ears at risk for more hearing loss?

Attached: 1526396088967.jpg (790x1100, 1.08M)

To get reliable information, you need measurements OR an experienced listener. Purr1n is experienced enough that his insight is reliable in measuring things that can’t be measured mechanically.

And this was meant to

Don't be stupid. There's no such thing as amplifier speed

staxheadphones.com/

the site stax user leaked ages ago finally went live

no?
and what is slow rate?

Hobgoblin!

Attached: audio-goblin.jpg (531x597, 30K)

*slew

Are the KZ AS10 worth it?
Getting tired of the e10, would like something better.
Budget 120cad flexible
Balanced, not too v shaped
IEM
laptop, phone, A/V receiver
Comfy, willing to buy extra eartips if recommended
e10, mh1c

Attached: 38600863_2072119929716979_57168376941772800_n.png.jpg (460x613, 28K)

what should I get if I need headphones for listening to music / videos on a PC and something with a microphone for gaming on a PS4 ? budget is 200$

Slew rate is completely irrelevant in music except in synthesizers, where it's intentionally slowed for portamento.

idk lol

Should also mention that you only need one volt per microsecond to handle any realistic signal a headphone amp will see. Many are better than this.

>Baldoor E100’s.
looks like these will actually stay put in my ear.

You guys have to try this AutoEQ (it's free). There's something like 600+ headphones frequency responses measured out. I used to not like my K702 very much, now they sound great. Try it out.
github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

Attached: Untitled.png (1026x800, 59K)

total bullshit.
there are 3 parameters that caracterize speed of amplifier. slew rate, rise time and settling time and these parameters affect sound character of amplifier to large extent.
that is why Pass amps sound slow and boring compared to Spectral amps.

For some reason EQ gives my HD 600s a worse sound. Guessing the bass boost adds distortion

>the brand is literally called Chintek

Attached: wet.jpg (500x496, 38K)

Lol nice memescience. Tell me why you need more than 1.5V/us.

cool shit dude!

oh yeah get your "fast" amp that has more noise and distortion. when I buy an amp I wanna hear it, not my music!

I think it depends on the headphone. I like my SHP9500S without EQ better. But the K702 just really do sound much much better.

>github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq
Alright, so I'm pretty tired.
Who do I need to PM to get the Superlux HD381 in there?

Let’s make one thing clear here: there are 2 kinds of people talking about audio online. Friends (like Marv, atomicbob, Hands) and randos.

Friends have decades of experience about headphones and amplifiers. They have tried hundreds and hundreds pieces of equipment, they have their reference points, and when they talk, we can trust that they know their shit. But randos like you and me? You never know what kind of experience a rando has. He could know something, but he also could be a rabid fanboy or own just 1 one cheapo headphone without knowing any better, yet still he pretends that he’s an expert. As result, you can never know whether you can rely on a rando or not, rando opinions are inherently of low value.

And I’m not saying that randos can’t express their opinion, of course they can. It’s just than when a Friend talks, their word is inherently more valuable and trustworthy than the words of rando, and it is clear who one should listen to. So if there’s a conflict, a disagreement, a rando would do better to shut up when a Friend talks and to listen well, maybe then the rando can learn something useful. That’s how one becomes a Friend one day: by listening to those who know better and staying in line, not pretending to be more than he actually is.

Yea, there are 2 kinds. Audiophools and people who live in reality.

Some randos are engineers, and some friends have too much time on their hands

Sorry man, I can't help you with that. I found the thread on reddit, which someone else linked on /hpg/ before. reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/92b08s/eq_settings_for_700_headphones/

>literally worshipping some audiophools who decided to create their own circlejerk forums

Attached: 59801EFB-D200-4ECF-8500-AE8B2F307375.png (241x369, 111K)

damn, I'll go look for whoever's in charge of that.

I'll offer to ship the product to his door for free.

Can't you just fuck off to SBAF? You obviously think yourself better than us (without any valid reason what-so-ever) and we obviously think you're a fucking idiot.
There's nothing of value to be gained for either side by your presence here.

this guy kinda has a point.
we need to fuck with objective measurements, not opinions.

Status CB-1 and a Boom Pro.

How do you deal with the headphone band fucking up your hair?
Even after I wash it it is kinda annoying

Attached: 1532016447948.png (1920x1080, 1.18M)

m60x and a cheap mic

what are you currently listening to /hpg/?
youtu.be/fwP8gHWdiqM

Attached: DSZDjvY.jpg (2450x1838, 507K)

>Who's the girl next door living with expensive headphones?
>You'd better learn my name, 'cause I am--
>ASH-LEY!

SBAF is an audio cult

who /sdrmod/ here

Attached: 1532567415563.jpg (1206x686, 326K)

Feels good being superior

Attached: AmperiorSuperior16.gif (1451x688, 418K)

after 8 years my Hifiman RE0's died
who can recommend me a good alternative? budget of 200, similar sound

Those are fucking great. I bought it expecting to get at least replacement pads for my K7XX, but it honestly sounds unironically great. Maybe better than the K7XX.

Just looked up the US price though, yikes. Got mine for about the same price I'd get stock K712 pads for in Europe (~55€).

Attached: underrated.jpg (700x700, 41K)

Is this the most scuffed he60 conversion ever? also why not just buy an old headband for it on ebay and not sacrifice a at most 1.5 year old set of 650's

retard here
found my old jds labs c5
should I use it with my desktop speakers for improved sound?

How did you get them for so cheap?

Try it out.

Yeah, they are great, measure very well too.

Attached: AKG K612.png (738x401, 37K)

>Maybe better than the K7XX
In which aspect would you say they are better?
I've always wanted an AKG and never really got to picking one.

Wasn't there's an user in here that was building his on electrostatic headphones?

Amazon warehouse deals. The normal price is like 100€.

I'd say they feel better tonally out of the box. I'm not sure though, I'd need to compare them "face to face" to have a good impression.

Have short hair

diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/akg/akg-k612/
it's okay if you do that mod

Or really long hair.

My hair is 6mm long and still gets messed up.

Or stop caring.

Should I get the ath-m50x or dt770 pro 32ohm? First time buying quality headphones

Too long. Mine is about zero and never gets messed up by headphones (mostly because I am using IEMs, but point still stands).

m50x are very portable and have a lot of nice features, removable wire, folds down, looks nice, comes in different colours. (shit ear pads imo / they can be changed)
But the 770 sound better and are more comfortable by default, but you will not be taking these things outside.
my mate owns m50x and brings them to uni every day.
I own 770 for home use and have a pair of bluetooth earphones for going out.
all depends on you

DT770 would be my pick. Much more comfortable.

neither of those are quality headphones

What do you recommend for less than $200

Good headphones for under $100?

Something small, something I can fit into my pocket so I can listen to metal in public transport. I'm tired of putting my phone speaker to my ear on the train and having people stare at me.

Why can't I take the dt770s out?

>60$
>non removable cable
Trash

People who carry around potable amps are losers

I thought I didn't need a portable amp if I'm using the 32 ohm version. Isn't my phone powerful enough?

Plenty powerful.

pardon me, I said this because my 80ohms come with a cable almost twice my height, Its unmanageable.
the 32 ohms is only 160cm long

Ok, cool. And they are slightly noise-isolating too, right?

I'd go with Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro + DT770 Velour pads. Maximum comfort and better signature than stock Custom One.

How

Ath msr7

You might like some tin audio T2. They don't come with a case, but the sound is really good for 50 dollars

DT250 ia as neutral as it gets for closed-backs around 200 bucks, but the DT770 is more comfortable.

I know, looking like a hippie here. I use IEMs and ATH-EW9 to avoid it.
*shrug* The dent won't go away till I wash my hair again.

Attached: basedzeos.jpg (1758x989, 898K)

Maybe try a little longer? Mine is about an inch, and never gets fussed

indiegogo.com/projects/vokyl-erupt-gaming-heaphones-with-nc-boom-mic#/
Vokyl audio (AKA most of the JDS Labs team) indiegogo has just launched in case any of you is interested

Attached: 40395187_2045346285515851_4117351345835474944_n.jpg (960x790, 239K)

Those look like shit

youtube.com/watch?v=JmjYX8FDZTw

Funny to think how Marv sucks Schiit’s dick and this user sucks Marv’s dick.

a perfect match for you then

but I'm not 12

the fuck is this "gaming audio" hoax anyway
good headphones are good headphones, gaming isn't a music genre

as /ourguy/ Z says, gamers are idiots, you need to trick them into buying good sounding headphones

youtu.be/RUxgqJ4sqzM
BLACKED, LOL SURE IS OUR GUY

Holy shit, is Z actually /our guy/?

Thoughts on Custom One Pro Plus?

light and comfy enough, not as bright as other beyers, average sound for the price, built like a tank

Good option for closed-backs, and can be easily modded to sound much better too. Pic related.
diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-a-i/custom-one-pro/

Why don't women appreciate audio?

The 32 ohm version sounds worse.

>literally his neighbor that he paid off to appear in his shitty video

Attached: ss+(2018-05-01+at+04.26.31).png (607x372, 25K)