Coworker is a retard

I work as a systems analyst with a very small team. One of the devs comes from a *nix background, but our shop is in the Microsoft ecosystem. It's fucking awful, all he does is complain and blame M$ for his problems.

>Bitches about Bill Gates everytime something goes wrong
>I tell him that Bill Gates hasn't worked at MS in years, but he still does it
>He constantly puts minimal effort into making a polished product, instead focuses solely on efficiency
>He writes code begrudgingly, it's like pulling teeth
>He doesn't know shit about .NET and refuses to learn
>Despite no understanding of .NET he still tries theorizing why shit happens when debugging, instead of just setting a breakpoint. Sometimes for hours.
>Constantly refuses to do common sense things because he's obsessed with saving CPU cycles, as if we're programming a Commodore 64 or some shit.
>Sucks ass at SQL.
>Constantly wanting me to do the heavy lifting for him.

Tell me Jow Forums, are all *nix programmers this autistic and cancerous? I really wish he would get fired.

Attached: 1528409026785.png (444x443, 462K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/mnbNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i bet he gets paid more than you too lol

Cool blog

Probably, shit

>Tell me Jow Forums, are all *nix programmers this autistic and cancerous?
Yes.

>he's obsessed with saving CPU cycles, as if we're programming a Commodore 64 or some shit.
Doesn't seem like a bad guy to me.

umm no kid lol

What's his status in the company? is he maybe the owner?

>Live in an era where people have literal gigahertz processors.
>Working on an application that isn't performance-critical
>Still count CPU cycles like some sort of cyberjew
The fucker refuses to even use string.Format() where it makes sense because muh cycles
Same title as me.

Not OP.

why the fuck did your org hire a *nix developer for a .NET developer position? I think the blame here lies with your hiring manager. also why the fuck would a *nix dev even apply for a .NET job?

I have the same problem but the opposite.
>Mostly rhel/CentOS shop
>Windows admin constantly bitches about no gui
>Bitches about KVM v HyperV
>Upset that we won't convert EVERYTHING to M$
>Co-workers offer to train him on various nix shit, but would rather bitch about it instead.
>Constantly hear 'if it we're M$ it would just werk'
>Spends more time complaining about how we need to use x over y program even though he can't use either of them.

It's not windows v Linux admins, it's just good v shitty admins, user.

Good question.
Sorry to hear about your situation fren.

Attached: 1532591917352.jpg (764x512, 60K)

I saw this exact post with this exact op over a year ago jesus christ state of Jow Forums

Attached: 1432274490726.jpg (907x1350, 436K)

Well no, and not even their fundamentalists like you described are nearly as bad as lispfags. archive.is/mnbNo

>why not do thing X lol?!
>hmph! you don't understand lisp at all!

Attached: 1484498289266.jpg (720x720, 156K)

>why the fuck would a *nix dev even apply for a .NET job?
I was hired as a Linux admin and after 2 months they decided they needed help in a windows team. I haven't used windows as a professional ever. Needless to say i know shit.

Did a Lisp dev touch you as a kid? Seriously why do you keep posting this link?

don't ask questions to ultra autistic anime avatarfags

Tough i'm not OP. I think yeah. people like this always get paid more. so much pain.

Give him a precise timer to actually benchmark his code.
It's quite disheartening how little performance you can get with "pseudo low level tricks" due how good compilers actually are nowadays.

Not all of us are that bad. I do kind of hate that tendency of UNIX guys.

I'm a UNIX guy, and most of the people where I work are UNIX guys.

I actually LIKE .NET. I think its very fancy, very polished, very cool. I think powershell is awesome, and have written a few programs with it. (GUI programs too, using WPF & XAML) I think object-pipes are innovative, and wish we had an equivalent thing for our shells.

I've even started learning C#.

.NET is very convenient, and I think its pretty great.

After 5 years of being a UNIX guy, i've kind-of been falling back in love with the Microsoft ecosystem, enough that I've been mulling around the idea of a job-change.

The thing I hate, is that a lot of my UNIX colleagues are exactly like your coworker: They refuse to acknowledge that Microsoft could get anything right, refuse to acknowledge the strengths that do exist with Windows & .NET.

UNIX is great. Windows is great too, just in different ways. I understand how Microsoft got to be such a business power, and why most desktop applications used for business were written for Windows. It's because the APIs are convenient as all hell, everything is very well fleshed out and well structured, and it's just a very comfy environment. Good for productivity.

Most UNIX people get so obsessed about the minor details, that sometimes the big picture escapes them.

I don't like that quality.

I'm considering hoping back to the Microsoft/.NET side of things. I'd love to be your (new) coworker. Which company should I apply at?

(and yes, I know how to use breakpoints, lol)(and SQL)

I know how to jump in and actually write an application. You won't see me wasting time trying to micro-optimize the memory buffers when there are actual features to be pushed out. Features that actually DO SOMETHING.

What is that hand gesture supposed to mean?

Serious question: if someone from tier 2 wants to make the jump to sysadmin, is it better to learn/get certs in the ecosystem that your current company is using or pick a lane towards unix or m$?

This is bait

It's an old perspective magic trick that makes it look like you've pulled your thumb off

If your lead sets such people to develop frontend, he is the one who should be fired instead.

I wish it was not true but this guy really is this autistic.
Not sure desu, I'm not a sysadmin. I'm a systems analyst which at my place means essentially a .software engineer who also does some database administration and all sorts of shit since it's a small team. We're all jacks of all trades so to speak.
I wish I could replace this guy with you DESU. Honestly, there's a ton of .NET programming opportunities out there, it's not too hard to find work.

I forgot I had posted this before. Yes, I've been fed up with him for about 4.5 years now.

The person I mention in OP oversold his skills and banked on his time in the industry (even though it was not the MS side of industry). RIP me.

Im in a somewhat similar situation. Im a data analyst

>coworker may actually be retarded
>fucks up real basic shit despite being tier above me
>writes code that updates random shit in our db
>falls asleep during meeting in front of boss
>i constantly get in trouble for his fuck ups cause were supposed to be a team
>nigga sets deadlines for himself and gets me in trouble cause "we" didnt meet it
>have to babysit him and audit hos code all the time

Im losing my fucking mind. Shits not good for my blood pressure. Getting ready to tell my boss i cant work with this moron

So do you do anything user or does he do all the work and you complain all day?

Wow a retarded coworker? Never heard of that before

>Same title as me.
So he's the OP of the your source code? A faggot shitposting all the way?

You seem like a sane guy to ask about Vala. Do you have any experience with it? Thoughts?

Awww...the Windoze code monkey child thinks he can carry a Unix man's jock.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

Did you even read the post? He doesn't know what he's doing and insists on being retardedly dogmatic. I am 250% more productive than he is.

The only reason he got hired is because "muh 15 years of experience"... yeah, in fucking unix/linux shit, he can't learn anything else.

Also,
>code monkey
Yeah, no. They don't call me systems analyst because I just sit around churning out shitty code.

linux admins charge more too wtf

>Tell me Jow Forums, are all *nix programmers this autistic and cancerous?
No, but he also shouldn't have been hired for Windows development. It's like hiring a guy who develops IOS apps to build desktop apps. It's fucking stupid.

>I just sit around churning out shitty code.
You do if you're building big data programs in .Net.
.Net is only acceptable for web applications and basic business shit.