This year's iPhones likely to establish a lasting tech lead thanks to 7nm A12 chip

>Apple is likely to establish a technical lead over most smartphone brands as the company moves to a 7nm process for the A12 chip that will power this year’s flagship iPhones. That lead could last well into next year.

>Supply-chain sources say that most brands are unlikely to use sub-10nm chips for some time yet

>This leaves only Apple chipmaker TSMC with 7nm process capabilities, though Samsung has announced plans to develop its own 7nm process in an attempt to win back some of Apple’s A-series chip business. Apple used to split its chip orders between Samsung and TSMC, but the Taiwanese chipmaker beat Samsung to a 10nm process, and has been Apple’s sole supplier since the iPhone 7.

Incel, Samshit, and Cuckcomm just can't keep up. What's going on?

Attached: IPHONE-XS.jpg (2448x1224, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2018/09/04/2018-iphone-7nm-chips/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whoops, forgot sauce:

9to5mac.com/2018/09/04/2018-iphone-7nm-chips/

>lagPhone

Attached: 1513717029449.webm (640x290, 2.43M)

Wtf is GUID (globally unique identifier) and is it nefarious?

Qualcomm has 7nm parts in production right now at TSMC.
Samsung is only holding off on their own 7nm node until they have full EUV mass production ready.
Hell, even MediaTek has a 7nm part taped out with TSMC.

What?
Its just the way images get renamed when they're saved to Apple's cloud. Theres nothing nefarious about it.

This, apple trash bears no merit anymore. The days of the 810 trash heaps are coming to a close

>has been Apple’s sole supplier since the iPhone 7.

But Apple isn't its sole smartphone chip customer.
IIRC some cheap Chinese brand already beat Apple to have the first 7nm chips.

iTODDLERS ON

S
U
I
C
I
D
E

WATCH

I mean Apple does have incredible single core performance with their in house ARM cores, but this article is just factually wrong. Samsung isn't developing anything for Apple's sake, they're doing it because they operate a foundry business on top of producing their own SoCs, DRAM, NAND, and other ICs.
Half of the article is just flat out bullshit nonsense.

This isn't arcane knowledge, just step into a store that has both the iPhone X and an Android flagship. Apple CPUs are optimised for benchmarking but lag behind the competition irl.

why are you spreading this? it makes no sense

Meanwhile in the real world.

Apps faster on iOS:
Geekbench

Apps faster on Android:
Everything else.

Attached: 1508892304510.webm (640x360, 1.55M)

I’m not. I’ve been hearing it..
Jow Forums is going civil war over it.

Its a handful of schizo posters on Jow Forums who think some fat chud tranny lady is tracking posters there.
They think that images with spooky string file names are some how magical tracking mechanisms, as if you couldn't search for literally anything in the open public archives like 4plebs.

Their conspiracy makes no sense at any point. Image file names tracking posters is totally incoherent tech illiterate schizo nonsense.

That’s why I’m trying to get edemucated

They are clearly catering to the Apple basedface crowd who wants to read about anything that implies Apple has some advantage over the competition.

Billions of dollars thrown at this and I'm still sat here with Lineage on my S4 and a big fat removable battery, comfy as fuck.

Thank you..
The tripfag that started it on Jow Forums was blaming Jow Forums.

How does Lineage compare to Android, as in what are the big differences?
I went back from an S4 to a Blackberry Passport because I can't stand using Android.

>Image file names tracking posters is totally incoherent tech illiterate schizo nonsense.
actually it's a genius idea and there probably are people doing it. If nobody is doing it already, they should be

Attached: 1511737353237.gif (450x450, 776K)

>totally incoherent tech illiterate schizo nonsense
So you're saying it's the Terry Davis fags?

Big differences are that you can run it without any Google services and zero manufacturer apps using up your space and memory, and it's still got weekly updates so you aren't left with five year old vulnerabilities because your carrier and Samsung don't give a fuck.
Granted it does take a minute or two longer to initially boot given the age of my S4, but once it's loaded it runs fine, and it's stable enough that I've had the phone on for nearly two months before without any sort of slowdown.
I like it, chances are I'll use this phone until it breaks and then buy either a new S4 or an S5 for the removable battery.

No, its retarded.
They're not saying that an army of shills is tracking single users by keeping track of image file names that the users themselves are uploading. The charge was that these shills were uploading images with weird names, and that itself was somehow tracking users.

There is literally no train of logic other than weird file name - spooky - must be spying

No, Terry would be too smart to fall for that.
Terry would have said "think like a white man" and laughed at these retards.

well that's nonsense. But someone should tell them about the actually smart idea, that they're building behavioral profiles/ tracking memetic virulence to the extent they can from the assigned filenames

Attached: 1526602752369.jpg (350x350, 31K)

Faggot op with his shitty renders again.
Trying to be relavent.
Tryharder