stallman.org/articles/genderless-pronouns.html

Attached: mptxf.jpg (641x530, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/singular-nonbinary-they
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>thought OP was taking the piss
>It's real
Perse is fucking retarded.

Can terry replace stallman as the sticky?

Attached: 1536118353438.png (450x399, 223K)

yes, for the love of God YES

I don't think you understand why Stallman is the sticky. He's the sticky because he's a fucking meme. People like Terry Davis who actually contributes to technology shouldn't be in the sticky.

> As for "they", if you are plural by nature — for instance, if you are a colonial organism or a group mind, or if you wish to be known for having multiple personalities — I will use that plural pronoun to refer to you.
lmao
What if I identify as 'you' so that you have to refer to yourself when talking about me?

GNU/pronouns

> If perse says
haha it just sounds silly

My pronouns shall be your highness/your highness'

Attached: 2aeefb24693473c4cbe347aa7e8e34bb58a2adef971d7125bda12870e5c6d313.png (356x480, 6K)

Person sounds stupid when used in a sentence, perse sounds stupid overall, and pers sounds feminine. Not sure if it's possible to come up with a good neutral pronoun but this attempt is a lot better than tumblr's.

This.

Fuck off. RMS forever.

trans faggot detected

How to commit brand suicide when talking to nerds: the guide.
Pic related - the new sticky of Jow Forums and /tech/

Attached: 153171095168.png (450x443, 302K)

GAMERS

His solution is actually quite elegant and well-thought out. And he recognizes that only saying "she/her" is just as sexist as "he/his"

Attached: 1535681007935.jpg (907x830, 104K)

test

In Dutch language we use - it - to refer genderless things.

I'm pretty sure it isn't much of a stretch to use it in English as well.

>sexist
That's not a problem but natural and wholesome. People like you are problem and need deadly gas.

Attached: 1536119329417.jpg (760x740, 75K)

kek

GNU + pronouns

Kek

Freetards will defend this, saying RMS is the bestest person ever fighting the good fight against muh ebil jewij gomunizd globalizd gorbret dizney vilain. RMS has just been confirmed a blatant fucking joke and a communist vermin. For the sanity of the hacker culture, the following must be ditched with haste:
* GRUB
* GCC
* Glibc
* GNOME
* Bash
* Emacs Makes Any Computer Slow
* Autotools
* GNU "4000-line cat" coreutils
* [AL]?G(P|FD)L
* Hurd
* GDB
* bison
* GTK+
* GIMP
* GSL
Anyone refusing to comply should be considered a stupid fucking pathetic miserable communist cuckold.

>N-noo! B-but it's t-too hard...
Install Slackware with Clang and musl, fish and lilo. Or better yet, install BSD. Or better yet, install Plan 9.

>B-b-b-b-but 9f-fro-ont devs are a-antifa-a...
You've just been trolled. And they won't call you by gender-neutral pronouns in their documentation. Meanwhile, GNU is a ticking time bomb in that respect.

Attached: gnu+soy.jpg (500x333, 127K)

Almost all of these are very useful and fine software. Essential even. Just because RMS lives in a liberal area it does not mean that we should lynch him and his software. That being said he is a retard and Terry should replace him.

for everyone blindly thinking he's endorsing "they" or "xhe" or whatever bullshit, he's not. read the fucking article, but if you're too lazy to, the tldr is that he proposed using "that person" when the gender isn't clear, and is against using they because it's grammatically incorrect. based stallman is based.

>what is emacs
>what is gcc
>what is the free software foundation
>what is the GPL

stallman has done more than terry ever will.

stallman and linus deserve a statue like the one those north korean dictators got

>Almost all of these are very useful and fine software.
Let's see.
>* GRUB
30-meg bootloader when lilo exists. Bootloader in general were made obsolete the very second UEFI hit the market.

>* GCC
Doesn't perform better than Clang, slow as shit and full of retarded nonstandard extensions.

>* Glibc
Doesn't perform better than musl and full of nonstandard crap.

>* GNOME
That shit was made for tablets i.e. joke devices, not computers.

>* Bash
Literally read the first paragraph of the last section of its man page.

>* Emacs Makes Any Computer Slow
Carpal tunnel: the editor.

>* Autotools
Absolute shit made by stupid retards who weren't capable of writing a decent Makefile.

>* GNU "4000-line cat" coreutils
I'd be interested to know how many of the GNU coreutil tools are made utterly useless by the fact other coreutil tools have nonstandard flags that encompass all of its behaviors.

>* [AL]?G(P|FD)L
BSD and MIT licenses exist.

>* Hurd
Literally the OOP of operating systems. Will hopefully never be used by anyone aside from its desperate devs who want to believe.

>* GDB
Utter shit interface. Incapable of debugging APIs. Rarely more useful than redneck debugging.

>* bison
Nonstandard turd version of yacc.

>* GTK+
Doesn't beat Qt.

>* GIMP
Requires config not to have shit-tier font rendering. Drawing an ellipse or making a rectangle whose exact dimensions and position fit a layer are done in the most autistic way conceivable.

>* GSL
Nobody uses it. Doesn't implement complex versions of its functions (e.g. gamma) for which the complex algorithms are exactly the same (despite the fact the lib itself claims to have complex number support).

Pic sauce?

This

Use the elegant gender-neutral pronouns "person", "per" and "pers". They fit into English smoothly. They are easy to remember, since they come from "person", and the last two resemble "her" and "hers". They are natural to use, since they work just like "she", "her" and "hers". "Pers" ends in a voiced consonant, just like "hers".

Attached: daffy_duck.jpg (719x719, 61K)

Oh vey

>BSD and MIT licenses exist.
I was agreed with you but stopped reading here. Enjoy your cuck licenses corporate shill.

no thanks, tranny

Perse :DDDD

Attached: sburdosbärde.png (335x261, 9K)

newfags, newfags everywhere.

>This violates the grammar of English so deeply that it feels terribly wrong
People who know fuck all about linguistics shouldn't talk about grammar, and how "wrong" it is.

>Carpal tunnel: the editor.
>I'm going to use an unfounded ad hominem because I don't have an argument
There are no cases of Emacs causing carpal tunnel. RMS cured his carpal tunnel by switching keyboards.

Also, did you know that Emacs is the oldest application software still being developed/used? Vim is more than 15 years younger.

he should kys

He's right you know

Another white-hating yid. What a surprise.

Why does English have gendered shit anyway? It's stupid.

If "carpal tunnel" triggered your ad hominem radar then how come "Absolute shit made by stupid retards" is a completely valid argument to you?

(((Richard Stallman)))

Hinamatsuri

Fuck off, RMS.
Forever.

he's a fucking idiot
actually, anyone that cares about stuff like this is a fucking idiot

>>* GIMP
>Requires config not to have shit-tier font rendering. Drawing an ellipse or making a rectangle whose exact dimensions and position fit a layer are done in the most autistic way conceivable.
Holy shit, this.
If only there was a fully featured image editing program that was actually FOSS.
There's Krita, but that's geared towards artists, and not really sure how well it does for general image editing.

this unfit bloated joker outlived terry

Well, I just lost all my respect for RMS. I have a signed book of his that I guess I'll be tossing in the trash now.

why don't you respect him anymore?

Because of the article he authored posted by OP.

what parts do you disagree with?
you will never agree with everything someone says

I seriously wish cross dressers would stop trying to make me change how I write and speak.

The fact that he has any response about "Gender pronounce" other than "fuck this waste of my time"

Singular they has-been a word for fucking ages.
Just use they.

People use it already

merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/singular-nonbinary-they

Leah, is that you? I have no problem with how you want to live your life, just stop trying to make _other_ people change theirs.

and people who jerk off to drawings of little girls (loli) should too

IT BEGINS

THE SOCJUS MEMETIC INFESTATION HAS REACHED STALLMAN

NO ONE IS SAFE

TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFF NOW

Attached: 1432495907109.jpg.png (255x248, 2K)

How about you start studying Esperanto if you think the development of the English language is for fucking idiots

Attached: DICTIONARY DEFINITION.png (1052x5865, 1.11M)

>RMS posts thoughtful ideas about how to clear up confusion when referring to a person of unknown gender
>hurr I have no respect for him now gonna throw away my signed book

Are you going to throw away all your Nike clothes too?

>Always say "they". This violates the grammar of English so deeply that it feels terribly wrong.
>Use the elegant gender-neutral pronouns "person", "per" and "pers". They fit into English smoothly. They are easy to remember, since they come from "person", and the last two resemble "her" and "hers". They are natural to use, since they work just like "she", "her" and "hers". "Pers" ends in a voiced consonant, just like "hers".

Attached: 7d326732fe8af6417026ee7da60bd81055c74d0a42c43086b16a4452fd3effb2.png (429x410, 6K)

Woah, hold on, did he just assume my personhood?

Tf

You know what, just use
.{2,4}
for every single situation and let this farce end.

>>RMS gives in to the childish demands of a fad sustained by "people," 63% of whom were diagnosed mentally-ill before following that fad, 37% proselytizing their friends to that fad and 23% refusing to trust people who don't take part in it
>>I just lost all my respect for RMS.
See how perfectly reasonable it sounds when I fix your post?

This. Let's make it happen!

yea when you put "people" in quotes it really makes it compelling

>the chad terry
>christian
>made his own operating system from the ground up with his own custom language and compiler
>his few failures are entirely on his schizophrenia
>has a space alien

>the (literal) virgin stallman
>atheist leftist
>clings onto linux despite minimal involvement
>spends all day bemoaning people not following his philosophy
>eats toe jam

Whoa what do you Richard stallman was a jew all along. Huh.

You're saying that adding a non-gendered pronoun is caving to the demands of trans people?
Sure he mentions how it could be beneficial to "non-binary" people, but remember this is coming from a guy who is already pretty far left.

Also the fact that you are implying the mentally ill are subhuman is disgusting, and tells us all we need to know about your views.

Go back to developing FreeBSD, cucko

Trannies and "non-binary" are essentially the same fad: that we can all turn into boys, girls, super heroes or ninjas by just wishing.

And yes, people who are mentally-ill yet want to teach you that things work how they wish they worked and want you to pay taxes to support their agenda are filth.

This. I could not be a person.
What if i identify as a Potato?
Calling a Potato "Person" is Veggiephobic bigotry.

People who know shit about linguistics screech at the idea as an affront to grammar, even though grammar is defined by usage.
Funny thing is, even people that hate singular-they often end up using it without realizing (sometimes in their own arguments against singular-they)
Meanwhile, Stallman is trying to claim people "chose" to use singular-they, when really it's a fairly natural transition.

Fuck, the only reason we're still having this discussion today is because some 19th century "academics" were obsessed with Latin as having some kind of ideal grammar, and wanted English to be more like the "prim and proper" Latin, so they came up with stupid "rules" that English teachers still try to teach today, but only make sense if you know Latin.
>Don't start your sentences with "and" or "because", because Latin couldn't.
>Don’t end sentences with prepositions, because Latin couldn't.
>Don't split your infinitives, because Latin infinitives were a single word, and thus couldn't be split like in English
>Use "He" for the third-person pronoun by default, because that's what Latin did.

> what is allowed 2 million lines of unaudited code contributed by alphabet agencies infect his shitty os

Yeah he's a shit bag for allowing system d to happen I'd rather have Unix based osx since Linux is garbage anyway unless it's system d free you have no clue what's in it

No. And no matter how hard you wish you'll never be a grown boy.

And no matter how hard you wish you'll never be able to change your chromosomes.

I hate niggers lmoa bottom text
Kys, nobody cares about the evolution of dictionaries

Trannies hate being called it

that makes it even better

Do it. God commands it.

you don't need to agree with someone's political/moral beliefs to appreciate and recognize the work they've done.
Everyone in this thread trying to rationalize that RMS has never contributed anything meaningful in the world is an immature mouthbreather with brain activity akin to a monkey's.
People defending him solely because of his contributions to the Free Software world and movement are equally retarded.

He's kept people who make red shirts employed for decades

RMS has a weak chin

Attached: beardless_rms.jpg (400x326, 20K)

No. Now shut up and stop injecting this dead homeless guy into every thread.

>you don't need to agree with someone's political/moral beliefs to appreciate and recognize the work they've done.
>proceeds to bash everyone who disagrees with him
pottery

Attached: 1535246984853.jpg (961x632, 96K)

>pottery
Are you 13? I cannot believe anybody older than that would think "ironically" misspelling words is funny.

american education

Fucking Zoomer fuck

Attached: boomer_sabrina.png (1048x800, 641K)

>Perse

Attached: spurdo.png (1024x749, 117K)

seriously, go back you complete and utter faggot
>euroshit reading comprehension
he disagreed with others opinions while trying to instruct others to agree with him

Attached: 88B996EB67F84C7092DABBD61DC52F63.jpg (560x287, 47K)

if you have a dick and are able to produce semen you're a male. if you have a vagina and ovaries you'e a female

gender is not a state of mind as transgender people make it out to be and i have no problem with transgender people. if you're a male and want to dress as a woman and look ridiculous, go ahead.

even if i were a transgender, i would not change my gender, because i would make an ugly woman.

Attached: tenor.gif (414x350, 2.51M)

>an American can't criticize American education

>implying it's usually done by Americans
not too good at this are you?

Attached: will_the_real_Q_please_stand_up.gif (553x480, 702K)

I met stallman during a guest lecture AMA

he was a cunt to the staff btw

Did he smell bad?

>he was a cunt to the staff
Most of the videos he's in show him being a cunt to organizers and in some cases the crowd, but could you elaborate? Thanks.

I didn't smell him.

He has an autism fit over a small time delay