Don't buy OLED tv

don't buy OLED tv

Attached: IMG_20180822_145936.jpg (4032x3024, 1.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/lg-oled-burn-in-at-incheon-airport-reignites-controversy/
zdnet.com/article/lg-embarrasses-with-oled-burn-in-at-tradeshow/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>using an oled tv as your pc screen
you're a fucking moron OP

fpbp, OP is an idiot

This

dOn'T uSE YoUr ThInGs hOW yOu WaNt

Attached: 1zo91d[1].jpg (502x353, 41K)

use your lawn mower as a back scratcher

>buy a tv
>expect it to perform the same as a monitor
The only retard in here is you OP

That comparison is fucking stupid, there's a point in which it's completely obvious a thing is not meant to be used that way. You are just saying that you're so retarded that you may confuse a back scratcher with a lawn mower. A panel is used to display stuff, its not obvious that you may "damage" it by using it normally. You're nigger-tier retarded

It's completely obvious that a television using panel tech known to suffer from burn in should not be used as a monitor. Dipshit.

That's not completely obvious for a normie, you fucking nigger. If a normal user sees the same connector and it fits, they will think it's good to go. Don't be so naive.

>using an OLED with anything that would have persistent GUI elements.

what are you a retard?

it's completely obvious that LG says their pixel refresher will prevent permanent burn-in

the lie detector test determined that was a lie

replacing it with an LG LED LCD with 192 backlight zones. no burnin anxiety.

fpbp

Dumb nigger. Not all displays are suitable for all applications and never have been.

>MOMMY HELP I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO EVEN A LITTLE BASIC RESEARCH BEFORE SPENDING THOUSANDS ON A PIECE OF ELECTRONICS!!! WAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Attached: twink.png (287x345, 74K)

LG explicitly said it would be fine to keep a static image such as the windows taskbar running who the hell know how long per day? Uh huh.

>it's completely obvious that LG says their pixel refresher will prevent permanent burn-in
Post a link to the page on LG's site or press release where they state that this feature prevents permanent screen burn.

CRT didn’t have this problem

>Not all displays are suitable for all applications
I know fucking retard, but the comparison is just as retarded as you

>Mommy
>A TV
>Thousands
Stop projecting, you are underage, retarded and poor

OLED panels are not designed to display the same thing for hours.

the tv was $2000. that is, by definition, thousand(s)

I did research it plenty. LG says pixel refresher and pixel crawl stops permanent burnin

OLED Image Retention or Burn-In: Burn-in and image retention are possible on virtually any display. However, with an LG OLED TV, any risk of burn-in or image retention have been addressed through the use of technology that not only helps protect against damage to the screen, but features self-healing properties so that any short-term image retention that may occur is quickly rectified. It is rare for an average TV consumer to create an environment that could result in burn-in. Most cases of burn-in in televisions is a result of static images or on-screen elements displaying on the screen uninterrupted for many hours or days at a time – with brightness typically at peak levels. So, it is possible to create image retention in almost any display if one really tries hard enough. And even if image retention does occur from extreme usage, it can usually be mitigated within a short period of time by turning the display off for a while, and watching a few hours of varying content (such as your standard TV watching and channel-surfing).

Additionally, LG OLED TVs come with special features and settings to preserve image quality and prevent burn in and image retention. First, there is a Screen Saver feature that will turn on automatically if the TV detects that a static image is displayed on screen after approximately two minutes. There are also three options (available in Menu setting > Picture settings > OLED panel settings) that can be used to preserve image quality. The first of these is the Clear Panel Noise feature that preserves the quality of the image on the display panel by resetting the TV so that it clears the pixels. This feature can be turned on when needed within the settings mentioned above. The second feature that can be employed is the Screen Shift feature which, moves the screen slightly at regular intervals to preserve image quality.

lies. plain and simple.

Retard

>lies. plain and simple.
They literally claim that burn in is normal - especially if you do stupid shit.
The mentioned features are only useful if you're watching moving images, and for small spots only.

>buys an OLED (((TV))) thinking that it will work as a PC monitor
>of course this doesn't work and the whole taskbar burns in
>whining on Jow Forums because it doesn't work like he wanted to
>instead of defending, tards out and insults everybody in the thread
>all of this could have been prevented by just a fucking google search if the tv could work as a monitor (spoiler: it can't)

my god you're pathetic, get a fucking real monitor next time and stop crying for attention

Attached: deflated xd pillow laughing for whatever reason.jpg (640x559, 23K)

Uh...but it does work if you actually use it like a normal human being. I mean...bullet proof glass can be broken by a bullet if you try hard enough.

Attached: 1524379395828.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

CRT had plenty of problems of its own, form factor being chief among them, making it unsuitable for mobile devices. By your own logic, CRT is therefore shit by your own logic, because it's useless for one of the most common uses of display technology.

>I know fucking retard, but the comparison is just as retarded as you
I'm not the retard who doesn't know how to use an OLED display without damaging it. Let's educate you first and then we can start on my problems.

>Stop projecting, you are underage, retarded and poor
LOL. Speaking of projecting. Enjoy being too stupid to enjoy the best display technology yet brought to market. I'll just enjoy it instead.

>LG says pixel refresher and pixel crawl stops permanent burnin
No it doesn't. Do this or shut the fuck up.

Attached: dumb nigger BTFO.png (2560x1440, 175K)

So you bought a panel type known to burn in and displayed a still image on it?

Ya they did.

Attached: captobvious.jpg (400x400, 26K)

My phones screen has one spot like that.
Can't see it if there is anything but black colour on the same spot.

>"OLED is the SUPERIOR panel type!"
>average family buys it
>all major cable networks have their logos in the corner of the screen
>one of the logos burns in
>"You're using it wrong! You shouldn't have bought an OLED TV to watch TV on!"

>However, with an LG OLED TV, any risk of burn-in or image retention have been addressed through the use of technology that not only helps protect against damage to the screen, but features self-healing properties so that any short-term image retention that may occur is quickly rectified.
>any risk
>any

They literally say the tv has no risk of burn-in by use of the word "any". I'm sorry if you can't interpret that for yourself, but that's what it says. This is actually class action territory.

They said that burn in happens if the image is static and high brightness. Aka, a poorly configure PC monitor setup that OP is using

The OP is a retard but hes still right, OLED is garbage and you shouldn't buy into it. Too bad you had to learn the hard way.

They only mention that risks have been "addressed", and then list what exactly that means. They explicitly state short term images for a reason.

OLED is fine for phones, when you want to save battery with black backgrounds and UI

>any risk of burn-in or image retention have been addressed

No, they say that there is no risk, because they used the word "any". I could've been a lawyer, dunno about what level you're on, but they literally say the tv has no burn-in risk because they used the word "any". The end.

This. The point of the thread is to warn about the technology, which is not ready for consumer use. What said is true, if you look for people complaining about OLED burnin, people talk about this exact issue: Logos from channels, scrolling bars from CSPAN, status bars from sports games, etc. You don't have to use it as a monitor to experience these issues.

not him but 4K IPS monitors also have burn in (atleast my 27" one from Asus)

Asus if you are reading this; kill yourself

dont be retarded

>IPS monitors also have burn in
Some good ones can have it in the first days of usage, but it goes away after you use them for some time
Only shitty ones have it over longer time

there's a saver in the xscreensaver package that is designed to fix burn in by showing different patterns and stuff, not sure if it'll work in your case tho

My fucking 24" IPS screens suffer from burn in but it at least goes away. lol, asus

OP could use the display in negative mode for some time to fix it, but he probably won't.

you can't "fix" it. those pixels have been permanently damaged no matter what

i have two warranties. im not worried about it. im getting a sony x900f probs

I FUCKING KNOW THAT YOU SHOULDN'T USE IT. Jesus how fucking stupid are you all?
My point is: try explaining that to a normie, or even better, make it obvious to them, without slapping a seal in the box that says "DO NOT USE AS MONITOR"

>I don't have an argument

What TV should I buy?

They're all kind of shit.
Don't buy cheap or you might end up with a 1366x768 panel.
Don't buy OLED panels.
If you have your own audio equiment (TV speakers are universally horrible) and you don't need a large display, a monitor might be a better investment.

Attached: 1518009874144.jpg (501x600, 89K)

That's called ghosting, only happens on lower end IPS panels, try turning the brightness down

You're a normie retard, now kill yourself

vizio honestly

>it's completely obvious that LG says their pixel refresher will prevent permanent burn-in
There's shills everywhere who said this. I researched for a little bit, and I came across the phrase "you can't get burn in on these new oleds" over and over. I was completely naive to believe it. Now LG is adding ads to the smart TVs. Never again.

Yeah everyones acting like I'm a shit idiot but these TVs were advertised repeatedly as "the pixel refresher will prevent it"

Yes, it looks better than any other display. Even the best LCDs can't come close honestly. But what the fuck does that really matter? I don't sit around watching infinity war over and over

>monitor
I have wife and kids

No, I'm not. You, on the other hand, are a confirmed nigger

You shouldn't be letting your wife's kids watch TV anyway. It's all garbage.

Yeah I don't understand why anyone would get a display technology that is inherently flawed in such a horrible way. The only OLED device I own is a PS Vita, and even then I want to side-grade to the LCD model eventually.
Micro LED when.

Attached: 31ZbxHpmCEL._SR600,315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg (600x315, 14K)

>there's a point in which it's completely obvious a thing is not meant to be used that way
like using a tv as a monitor

fpbp
/sage

i use a 1080p 40" TV as a monitor and it ok
response time suxx obviously

OP, just get out while you're still semi-ahead. You' re still pretty stupid though.

Have you ever ran the pixel refresher thingy?

Also: Serves you right for using Windows. This wouldn't have happened with Lunix.

imagine sperging out this hard at a couple of anonymous faggots, then imagine continuing to try this hard to fit in by calling other people "normies"

I'm not OP dumb cunt lmao, want me to scrot the (You)s?

>Does stupid shit
>Blames everyone but himself
>I'm not retarded!

Yes you fucking are. I'm retarded too, FIX IT

That's not sperging and nobody is trying to fit, stop projecting

Actually OP is trying to play off the fact he just did something fucking stupid that he wouldn't have done if he just did 5 minutes of research.

I'm not the OP stupid cunt

it kinda is

>I FUCKING KNOW THAT YOU SHOULDN'T USE IT. Jesus how fucking stupid are you all?
imagine getting angry at a post on the internet haha

Fuck off retard, defending retardation and other retards.

you are dumb as fuck
my 2 year old LG B6 has ZERO burn in with literally hours of daily gaming and watching movies from a PC.
I've played skyrim for 200+ hours on it and even the UI didn't burn in.
But of course the taskbar will burn in if you shitpost on Jow Forums on a fucking oled for thousands of hours.
Nice way to throw your mother's money out of the window

>it kinda is
Projecting, yes

>The letter case determines the level of anger
Imagine being this dull

Who's defeding anyone? I was saying that user's comparison between a back scratcher and a lawn mower is stupid, but somehow everyone thinks I'm the OP or that I'm defending them lmao

>imagine being this dull
imagine being this much of a spastic

you are literally using it wrong
oled is not meant to display a static image for extended periods of time or you will get burn in
you should have known this before you bought an oled tv.

>buy an oled tv
>can't play video games or watch certain channels on cable because they have static elements

Attached: 1507428132684.png (586x578, 37K)

i'm the 4K IPS Asus user here

is 600USD lower end? My AOC 1440P IPS monitor which costed 250USD has zero problems even displaying static images for days on end, whereas my shitty Asus monitor gets them after only a couple of minutes (and they are retained for over half an hour)

I'm currently browsing on my 55" LG OLED that I've had for years now. 2015 model and zero burn in from daily PC use. I love it, one of my best tech purchases ever.

Attached: oledForPC.jpg (2048x2048, 330K)

>having to worry about burn-in in 2018

Oh. Sorry about your shitty technology then.

Fucking kill yourself, nigger normalshit. Back to facebook.

>ITT implying OLEDs aren't shit in general
VA panels or bust

>buying bottom emission OLED
baka senpai

Should've waited for top emission OLED next year. Up to 3x the brightness, which translates to 3x the time before burn-in becomes noticeable

Have they fixed VAs yet or do blacks still smear across the screen?

>fixed VAs
>fixed

What? Is this like that plasma smears meme? Happened once and now every retard parrots it? Every VA TV I've seen looks fine

I'm using one right now and it does smear a bit, but I'm personally not bothered by it

not sure how worse the older ones were by comparison

zdnet.com/article/lg-oled-burn-in-at-incheon-airport-reignites-controversy/

zdnet.com/article/lg-embarrasses-with-oled-burn-in-at-tradeshow/

>OLED garbage

NOT EVEN ONCE

This isn't a crazy assumption. Issues like overscan, 4:2:2 chroma, etc are a thing of the past, and TV panels tend to be a lot better than similarly-priced monitor panels. Right now you can buy a 40" 6000:1 4K TV for the same price as a 3000:1 32" 4K monitor. TVs tend to be BGR but it's trivial to set Windows to accommodate for that.

In the end the only reasons I didn't were lack of freesync and a non-flicker-free backlight. And paying more for a more premium TV would have provided both of those.

OPs only mistake was assuming OLED would be fine as a monitor. Since VA, IPS, and really every other kind of TV is just fine as a monitor, this was a perfectly reasonable assumption. They should come with clearly-visible warnings about burn-in (unless they do, in which case OP is a dullard, but I assume they don't).

My friend had a panasonic 4k VA tv and anything black that moved left a trail.

It was one of the first 4k tv's so a few years old, it was bad enough to put him off VA for life, he uses oleds now.

It's okay op. I understand your frustrations.

Open a full red screen and take another picture

Have you tried the manual pixel refresh? There's the automatic one that runs when the TV is off and one that you can run manually

>admits he's a nornie
Laughinggirls.jpg kys

So what. Nobody cares if you bought into planned obsolescence, m9.

Oled is crap and only brainlets buy that marketing scam.

>normie
>I pretend to others to be retarded as example
newfags I swear damn

>55inch
>tv
>windows 10
>Chrome
>No ublock o
>Best purchase

Attached: viewing-distance-tv-monitor-hd-4k-2a9cf0725816d6c7-800x450.png (800x450, 86K)

sorry mean for
well I failed how a newfag

you literally cannot make this shit up anymore

>reee you're holding it wrong
OP's complaint is perfectly valid, OLED is a shit technology. Enjoy your burn-in.

Ahahahaha faggot

>OLED/IPS
>hmmm yes let's use this for a computer which has nearly constant display elements

well user, looks like you just learned what "burn in" was.
also to the tards saying "can't use a tv as a monitor", you on par with op with the cognitive dissonance

Attached: huey watching quiet and dd just beign friends trust me SAFE FOR WORK.jpg (800x800, 288K)

ITT: retard who couldn't wait for MLED

Then you're agreeing with him, you fucking moron.

IPS doesn't have burn-in. Guess what phones and screens use? IPS. The stupidity of this board will never cease to amaze me.