What is the most frustrating operating system you've installed?

What is the most frustrating operating system you've installed?

Attached: e28.jpg (680x387, 57K)

Windows.

Windows.

I used a mac once. Hated it. As far as "installed"

Anyone that claims Windows isn't worse than whatever Loonix distro they installed in any capacity is lying.

Windows.

Have you used Windows in the last 5 years?

openSUSE, hpw can a distro from such a big company suck so hard

Once installed Ubuntu on iMac. took days and the shitty OS didn't perform half the tasks i intended it. switched back to MacOS X two weeks later and it did everything ubuntu couldn't plus it only took like half an hour to install

fuck ubuntu. seriously

I only have real experience with Windows 7 and Ubuntu flavors, both have been great experiences to be desu

Arch Linux. Installing everything manually is a pain in the ass.

That's why I prefer Manjaro these days. All the functionality without the bitch that is initial setup.

Windows.

Windows 7 and 10

Hackintosh. It was a thing for a bit and I was constantly distrohopping on my school laptop which had an UltraBay. The entire process took something like 3 hours and it was utterly unstable; I'll never get that time back.

Attached: 1524506773710.png (900x900, 1.15M)

Debian on an older MacBook with refind

Windows
I use gentoo now.

Microsoft Windows 8

Windows. Insane that you have to create a user to get into your own system.

windows
fucking hell user. installing arch is extremely easy and faster than an automated installer if you already know what you're doing but to be honest, arch and arch based distros are the worst in my opinion

Loonix

>What is the most frustrating operating system you've installed?
Hands down the only OS I've come close to giving up on was Windows 10.

Same. openSUSE looks good on first sight but it's damn bad

centos

fuck centos in the ass

i hope them and their shit fucking cpanel managed fucking bullshit eat shit and die

>implying anything but Windows was used long enough for it to frustrate you more than Windows already has.

Attached: 1510478849272.jpg (1024x768, 232K)

Yeah, I did for all those 5 years, and I can attest, Windows sucks ass more than words can do it justice.

Frustrating to install, or to use?
In both cases, it was Solaris 10 as a desktop in x86

Windows 9x

You really can't compare Windows and Linux. Linux is a hobbyist distro, it's not even a real operating system.

Solaris. It brags about being capable of redundancy and hotplug, but in reality you need to do a reconfiguration boot to even add a fucking hard drive. Add a card to your system? Reconfiguration boot. Add memory? Reconfiguration boot. Insert a USB drive? Reconfiguration boot. Insert optical media? Go to the media manager, because it sure as hell won't autodetect it, let alone mount it.
Thank fuck GNU/Linux runs on SPARC. My Sun boxes would be little more than paperweights if it weren't for that.

Windows

nice bait

Getting Windows 10 and Fedora to play nice while moving a HDD from MBR to UEFI was annoying as fuck.

Attached: 1522962725729.jpg (486x598, 39K)

translation
>i'm a retard

literally why I just delete windows now.

>moving a HDD from MBR to UEFI
And why would you do this?

this, it's incredible

debian probably. and ive installed arch and the bsds

>i have to use a mouse and i refuse to use keyboard shortcuts
>but YOU are the toddler!!!!

All Windows after XP and minimal Linux distros
Just give me back the old UI Microsoft for Christ's sake, no one likes the new metro theme

Autistic weeaboos detected. Maybe once you get a job, you'll realize the importance of actually having a functioning, enterprise supported operating system.

Enjoy no compatibility with literally anything lmao

Attached: 1407937539242.jpg (428x280, 138K)

I actually really like multitouch gesture input, it's why I like Macs UI. You can get a program called BetterTouchTool to map macros and stuff to custom gestures, and I've never been faster then when I got used to that.

>this thing is different from what I know and takes time to get used to, and because I am too lazy to invest that time I have arbitrarily decided that this thing is bad

unironically windblows, but mostly because of product key bullshit

>what's that? You want your function keys available to your programs? What a retard. Buy one of our new emojibar laptops to do that lol.
t. OS X user

Windows 8

second

The kernel that powers all of the top 500 supercomputers and majority of servers. That made RedHat, a two billion dollar company possible.

But, non-functioning and non enterprise supported, whatever you say.

Enjoy ransomware and viruses.

Attached: 65A1738B-4DCF-4846-AD4F-AA57B6E6C67E.jpg (600x612, 41K)

>I can only use the function keys as hotkeys
>I'm too retarded to use multiple keys for a hotkey
>even though any windows user with a brain knows to use windows+d to show the desktop
>BUT YOOUUUUUUU ARE THE TODDLER

>The kernel that powers all of the top 500 supercomputers and majority of servers. That made RedHat, a two billion dollar company possible.
A bunch of nerd companies only the IT bitch in my office cares about lmao
>But, non-functioning and non enterprise supported, whatever you say.
Who do you call when your X breaks? or do you just sit there for a few hours sorting through configs yourself?
>Enjoy ransomware and viruses.
Bitch I use Norton

Attached: JonAlmaas.png (984x720, 655K)

Where are you going with this? My point is Exposé, show desktop, Spaces, etc. Should be mapped by default to cmd + something hotkeys. If this were the case, programs wouldn't have to use key combinations themselves, they could just use the function keys. Best part of all this is how they stole the function keys for the OS, yet you still have to do cmd+shift+3 to make a screenshot. Or fucking cmd+shift+4+space to take a shot of a particular window. Thankfully I use a proper keyboard and I have remapped those to printscreen and shift+printscreen, but still. This shit made sense back when Apple keyboards didn't even have function keys, but it's been the most retarded thing to do ever since they put them on (in the late 1980s no less)
Seriously, I fucking love OS X (from 10.4 up to 10.9), but this shit is what has made everyone see macs as fucking toys and status symbols, just like they were in the 90s. Except now you can't even tinker with them like you did back then. Fuck nuApple.

I actually installed windows10 3 or 4 times now, and it's been eezy peezy. Garbage OS, but easy to install.

lol nerd

>implying I have X on a server
>implying having full control over your system is a bad thing
>implying putting a bandaid over something is just as good as not having a problem in the first place

Attached: 1536105666291-g.jpg (600x316, 51K)

openSUSE.
Fucking everything was broken and nothing worked right.

Attached: 1535964336648.jpg (698x658, 137K)

lmao why do you have a server you don't even have a job

oh btw, I also have full control of my system, He's called Allan and he's the office IT bitch. I'm pretty sure he's a virgin too lmao

MS-DOS

1. X rarely crashes for me. Not everyone uses Arch.

2. You don’t know if you have viruses or not, Norton (lol) has not notified you of anything.

TempleOS. Even knowing its capabilities and lack thereof going into it, it was one of the most frustrating and annoying pieces of shit I've ever seen. I thought it would be neat, but it was not. Alternately, the least frustrating was easily Haiku, but to be fair I used beOS back in the day, so I was already very familiar with it.

Enjoy sending every keystroke back to M$

macOS definitely
i wanted a macbook for years, used macos for two years at A-level, hated them
thought i didnt use it enough to get used to it
got a macbook as part of my uni course. only thing i like is the screen

GNU/Linux

I don't have to know, there's a guy for that :)

Unlike GNU/Pedophile users, I have nothing to hide lol

Attached: 1407937612304.jpg (500x404, 23K)

Not true. Linux can be infinitely more frustrating because of the sheer number of distributions and possible hardware configurations. The majority of computers not made by Apple are made with Windows in mind so most hardware just works out of the box. Hell even on my macbook it just werks, while Linux requires either an Ethernet dongle or usb tethering a phone just to install a package from the stock repos on most distributions to enable wifi. Meanwhile the Windows 10 install on my Mac has been running fine for over a year.

While this is clearly a case of "Works on my machine™©®", I'm willing to bet that percentage-wise, more desktop Linux users find Linux quirks to be far more frustrating than almost anything in Windows. They just won't cop to it because muh YOTLD

what is the context of this image?

Clearly, that's Cell... In a shop. Cell .. In..

In cell

Incel.

Debian.
>Oh hey this is just like Ubuntu
>lol no wifi firmware
>lol no bumblebee driver
>lol KDE is buggy, and so is pulseaudio
You install it with a false sense of security thinking it's one of these distros that you install and works, but instead you get a thorn in your side. At least with Arch or Gentoo, you know it'll be a bit of a process. Debian gives no such warning.

Every time Ive had to install Ubuntu its been hot ass
but Ive been enjoying Mint so far

1/10 fag i replied. real nice thumbnail you got there too.

ITT: dozens of freetards who are too stupid to even install Windows.

get wrekt nerd :^^^^^^^^^^^)

Attached: 1521409120976.png (753x759, 489K)

>lol

I'll admit, I don't have a job. I don't have time for one, seeing as how I'm getting a degree at a comfy ivy league university and work on FOSS projects in my free time.

Attached: 1534964580884-g.gif (226x305, 110K)

Attached: 0b7d42a05f7fdf37.png (600x338, 275K)

>work on FOSS projects in my free time.
Thank you, we love that shit. I'm pretty sure a solid 80% of the software that we sell is gratefully donated by people like you :)

If you press more than one button to deploy centos with cpanel, you are doing something incredibly wrong.

openSUSE in.. 2013 or so?
Our school's first Linux class and our neckbeard teacher chooses that puddle of ebola over literally any other option. Debian, darling of the community? No. Redhat, darling of industry titans? No. open-fucking-SUSE.
It was slow as piss climbing a rope. YaST was such a pile of rotting dog dicks I'd rather resolve my dependencies manually while losing blood through a hole in my head. The interface was Fisherprice ugly.

tl;dr openSUSE is worse than the hypothetical clone-merge of Steve Jobs and Hitler.

>he doesnt understand copyleft licenses

>Not understanding corporate nature

By all means, keep writing that code :)

Attached: farage btfo.png (2197x1463, 1.2M)

>enterprise
... you know almost any company that could be described as 'Enterprise' has Linux running somewhere in their infrastructure, right?
On the desktop I'm in full agreement though. The number of people I know who could realistically get through a work day on Linux is probably countable on one hand.

manjaro installation particularly during partitioning was so bugged on my setup it almost gave me an aneurysm at least everything worked afterwords unlike some other diistro which had broken ass display features, namely sabayon with kde. looking back would probably have been a retarded disaster.

>... you know almost any company that could be described as 'Enterprise' has Linux running somewhere in their infrastructure, right?
That's why we have virgins like you :)

Feels good knowing I pull three times the payroll of the IT bitch in my office

>rollplaying a successful person on Jow Forums
Hahahah you're so funny user. Why don't you have a GF?

I do, she installs adobe reader for me every night

Attached: 1424397824181-1.jpg (255x255, 10K)

From worse to less worse
Win10
Win8
FreeBSD

Mac, on a hackintosh. Or windows 7, because muh license.

windows, loonix, mac

From worst:
windows server 2012 & r2
windows vista
windows 8
windows server 2008
windows server 2003 & r2
windows 8.1
mac high sierra
CentOS
windows XP
windows server 2016
Ubuntu
windows 7
windows 10

VINDOOS

rishanvi kurdani love vindoos vey too mutch.

Installing any Binary Linux distro that has an installer takes around 10 minutes. And after those 10 minutes you have a fully functioning working device with even software pre setup (assuming you are not using Hardware made by the Zimbabwn prince).

Meantime any Windows update takes longer since they have to inject their Rootkits (TM).

might have been 2016 version of windows server or pure debian

try installing Windows 7 from a flash drive on a pc tha thas only usb 3 ports. Its nearly impossible unless you slip stream the usb drivers into the install image using the PE and command line.

Anybody tried doing linux from scratch? Well that took me a month and everything worked terribly bad.

Ubuntu

Ubuntu

add non-free to sources.list
apt-get wifi drivers (this should be one of the first things you should do if you have a laptop dingdong)
i don't know anything about a bumblebee driver since i use onboard graphics, but i'm sure a package exists
KDE is shit, use alsa instead of pulseaudio

This pic tho. Can get Cell's voice to stop in my head.

linux with windows dual boot
fuck secure boot
fuck microsoft

openPEPE is trash.

Windows.

OS X any day. Shit OS.