Desk references

What books do you keep on your desk, Jow Forums?

post and r8 on hand references

Attached: IMG_20180905_173529.jpg (4608x2304, 3.27M)

Printed programming reference material is a relic of an era before the internet.

Anyone who claims otherwise is a shill for the wasteful and irrelevant printing industry

I can't read books unless it's in my banks. Having technology nearby is distracting.

E-ink readers are great and all, but it keeps reminding me about my smartphone or computer, so fuck that.

Printing industry will live forever and you can't make us stop supporting it.

Been reading though this tall boi

Attached: 20180830_163738.jpg (945x982, 478K)

I travel often for work so the only things I reliably have with me are what fits in my backpack.

I just have my "old" textbooks for a monitor stand
Really got jewed with these books

I agree with you if we're talking about reference material but if you're actaully reading through something rather than quickly refencing nothing beats physical material

I forgot my pic

Attached: IMG_20180906_004030.jpg (2432x3286, 2.18M)

Hi

Attached: IMG_0429.jpg (4032x3024, 2.13M)

Attached: Books_desk.jpg (4128x2900, 3.02M)

garbage

big brain

Attached: desk.jpg (2127x1374, 402K)

Funnily I think the exact opposite. Physical books are god tier for reference purpose since you can look at your screen while skipping pages and looking for stuff. On the other hand I've been reading all my books on pdfs for the last 2 years

What does a book have to say about upgrading and repairing your PC that needs 1000 pages and a DVD ?

>E-ink readers are great and all, but it keeps reminding me about my smartphone or computer, so fuck that.
the modern zoomer, everyone

Found the algorithm design manual pdf just now. Is it worth a read?

Deep Learning
PRML
Machine Learning with Scikit Learn and Tensor flow

Depends. No proofs, very informal, but great as a reference - it lists resources for further reading for each section of problems.
I got it because it uses C in examples and because i already went through CLRS-based course so i don't need the more detailed overview. Also the war-stories are fun to read.

Attached: IMG_20180906_081136.jpg (2048x1536, 587K)

Wow. You people actually exist. Fucking degenerates

It's actually encyclopedic, and documents how every hardware component works on a fundamental mechanical, electrical, and engineering level, even how CDs physically work and shit (did you know, the original CD ROM size standard among any options, was decided based on the qualification that it should exactly fit Beethoven's 9th symphony in its entirety)
I have read it from front to back and have a solid grasp of how most of the components work on a reasonable level.

>learn how to protect your lolis

It also gets updated every year with full specs of every processor, and new technology feature in desktop systems, and the CD has video content to walk retards through, and pdf of the previous years version of the text because some components of the current text refer back to a few legacy subjects in the old book.

Recommend?

Are those Python books really that large or is this shopped? Holy fuck.

Go back to fucking r.eddit you subhuman normalshit

Reddit is for degenerates like you.

fucking loser kys

K&R not shown

Attached: 20180906_100550.jpg (4032x3024, 3.57M)

K&R
Turtle book
Dragon book
Wizard book

Meh, I ordered a hard copy of one of my textbooks and haven't opened it yet, my phone is so much more comfy. Although anything less wide than my Mi Mix would be too small

Would you recommend them user? I'm just looking for resources to learn machine learning, and it's hard to separate garbage from the worthwhile. There's an O'Reilly book bundle right now on humble, but if you look at amazon reviews, they are plagued with typos and bugged code. Sucks, O'Reilly apparently used to be good.

same question, are they good books and is it true that O'Reilly is going to shit?

They're fine books but you dont need the whole bundle. There's definitely overlap between all the ML related books because they want each one to be relatively comprehensive. I havent come accross any bugged code and I dont really think the books are better than looking up original documentation for ML libraries anyway. The books are useful because they generalize well.

It's pretty confusing coming from someone who has no idea about OOP principles. I have been reading a section the supplementing the holes in my knowledge with videos and other resources. If you can learn like this then I would recommend it.