Best emulation device for on-the-go?

>no connection at shit job
>wanna emulate gam-gams for when im at work
>find PSP 1k and PSP go
>already use galaxy s7

Which device should i use for best exp emulation or should i just sell my 2 consoles and get some other shit?

Attached: 20180905_220548.jpg (1247x702, 83K)

Get a laptop, or use your phone faggot.

something that can fit in my pocket. theres a lot of people at my work and i wont risk my t530 getiing stolen.

I use my PSP 2000 series

I do it on a galaxy tab 4 10.1. Runs everything except n64 wide open with the right cores. It's also cheap AF so if it gets stolen or broken it doesn't matter.

TI-84 Plus CE

Emulate everything with smartphone
Buy Ipega 9087
???
Profit

Phone with a good BT controller and mount? I mean i have a PSP2000 that does all the retro shit i want, but theres no way i would recommend someone try to source all the parts needed now a days for that when a phone and controller are far more practical, get better results, and probably costs less in the end.

Some of the high end smartphones now can handle emulating Wii and Gamecube games via Dolphin.
Everything from that to DOS, MAME, PS1, Dreamcast, N64, Genesis, 32X, SNES, NES, DS, PSP, GBA, to GB will run on Android.
Its a no brainer if you want to emulate games with a mobile device. Get any bluetooth controller you want to pair with it.

>all the parts needed
nigga literally all you need is the psp a MS and the charger

Yes... 3 parts. Most PSP's i see at flea markets dont include the charger. A lotta times the battery is fucked(since regardless of if you use it or not, it runs down to 0% after a month when turned off) and trying to get memorysticks is a huge pain. You can use microSD to memorystick adapters, but thats just 1 more piece to buy that probably has to be ordered online.

Oh yeah, and if its a PSP2000 you'll probably want to do a proper pandora mod so you dont need to apply the software exploit each time you turn the thing on. Thats another thing to find, or make yourself.

>this guy
Yeah typing keys is comfy, typing a touchscreen is comfy.

Attached: dissapointed.png (328x344, 105K)

Just get a /comfy/ controller for the phone, maybe a clip for a controller you have now to mount it onto and connect with bluetooth.

To be fair, the phone + external controller is a lot better than the PSP or PS Vita, as far as ergonomics are concerned. Even the Switch has shit-tier feel because of that stupid uniform thickness thing going on with it.

>something that can fit in my pocket
Motherfucker are you trying hard enough

Attached: index image.jpg (194x259, 8K)

>probably costs less in the end.
Who will win
>+$400 Smartphone
>$30 gaming console with $20 memory stick boi

Attached: mfw (2).jpg (558x350, 38K)

But you can't put an external controller in your pocket.

PSP plus dual micro SD to memory stick adapter
I'm currently waiting to get some more SD cards to put into mine so I can have 32 gbs

You think its unreasonable to assume most people already have a phone now a days?

just buy a switch lol

Attached: switch.png (3070x3850, 3.63M)

I think the point is that most people on Jow Forums would already have the phone. To play up to PSX games you dont even need a good one. 2012-era shit will play it flawlessly.

I genuinely dont understand what this image is trying to convey....

you can make one with raspi zero and 3d printed case

They released a patch that does this thing automatically like 3 years ago, so it doesn't matter which PSP to use now since they function all the same.

>not using original hardware
God damn this sub is redditcore

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 14K)

Nintendo took the piss out of Sony(literally drinking piss), showing Sony to be a minority, now Nintendo is king of piss.

I don't get it either. Its fucking stupid.

I have a blackberry priv and I use emulator to map controls to the PHYSICAL KEYBOARD. Subhumans like you will never understand or even comprehend. Have fun with your touch screen

>Nintendo took the piss out of Sony(literally drinking piss), showing Sony to be a minority, now Nintendo is king of piss.

I... still dont understand. Infact i understand even less than before.

I use my Passport. I have no complaints.

Why on earth is everyone recommending the PSP? The vita is literally better in every way and can emulate more games, while having full access to all of the PSP and psx library, as well as its own. On tip of that you can now overclock it so you have amazing emulation capabilities. Don't believe people saying phones do it perfectly. Even when emulation speed is good, which isn't always, you need to have the screen apart from the controller part. Portable systems are more comfortable

>posts on Jow Forums
>still uses a flip phone

oh honey...

psvita

>PSP1000
If you want a PSP so bad, get the 3000. Or better, get either a N3DS or a Vita

Right now it's a Vita, Switch in the future.

There are plenty that you can, and then it just feels as bad as a psp. The benefit is your get proper emulation with full buttons unlike the half baked psp.

There's no indication that the switch will be blown wide open like the vita or 3ds. It very well could be a couple of years or just never at all. Devs can't stop bickering and ninty is actually acting towards stopping them. For the first time ever.

most people have a phone already
for those who don't know, emulation for most retro systems is either great or perfect, even on prepaid shit
my phone cost 50 bucks from walmart, plays PSP games (granted the settings are all the way down, but everything plays) and DS games great. gba, snes, n64 etc? no problem

Take a look at Modern Vintage Gamer's channel in YouTube he has been posting videos about emulators on the go and he compares most of the available options from switch, psp, ps vita and more

What do you mean? the switch already has very good support for emulation and homebrew and is growing every day

since when? the fuck? what can it emulate? how easy is it to hack it?

It looks like it was late last year that people started reliably doing homebrew on the Switch. It's only gotten better since then. They're even keeping up pretty consistently with Firmware updates.

GPD XD+, basically android and plays anything older than PS2.
Nintendo Switch, has Lakka/RetroArch so it can play anything PSP can. Has a better screen. Still in early development so you could get XD+ instead, especially since this is 100$ more expensive.
GPD Win 2 (if you need PS2 games, older desktop games and new well optimized/light games). Very expensive though.
PSVita, basically a better PSP with a larger library. I'd get any device above instead.

>tfw all ROM sites got taken down.

Android. It has or it all, even x86 and ScummVM. Get a BT controller and stop being autisistic with a PSP with a shitty TFT LCD and pixel the size of your pupils.

We all have backups of at least partial rom sets. It ain't gonna happen. I even have 3DS and Wii-U ROM's and ISO's just for archiving purposes.

You should have backed up anything relevant. If you haven't by now then you clearly don't need ROMs.

I have the physical ROMs, with physical consoles.
Why do I need to emulate?

>this whole thread
>OP still hasn't got a good answer
Watch modern vintage gamer on YouTube and stay the fuck away from Jow Forums for advice

PSP is still a solid device to emulate a lot of platforms with. Still got my PSP1000, only put in storage because I use a hacked Vita for the same purpose now.

I toyed with the idea of a controller for my phone that would clamp to the sides. Pro tip: 90% of them are garbage or massively overpriced.

Better to use a device that was designed for gaming from the get-go.

savestates are superior for saving
you can more easily switch between games
ROMs don't waste physical space and neither do emulators, unlike physical ROMs and consoles
your hardware won't break or get obsolete since you can emulate on any computer/phone
better controllers than most retro consoles are available to you without hacky adapters
non-portable console games are playable on portable computers
more games available if you don't have something you want to play, especially if it's not even available to purchase

>gotta play muh vidya at work

You're addicted

>savestates
Cheater.

savestates are convenient in older games which only have password saves

save scumming is for faggots though

Imagine being this much of a cuck. I know you're baiting, have a (you)

If you are emulating Nintendo games, the 3DS is the best console. You can directly install all their older console games (except N64) as Virtual Console titles once you hack it. For DS shit you can pop an R4 into the cartridge slot and run TWLoader.

If you want PS1/PSP titles and would rather just emulate, get a Vita, install Henkaku Enso, Adrenaline, and Retroarch.

What stops people from operating their rom sites via ipfs

Except nearly everyone has a phone that is good enough to emulate most retro shit already. It's the same argument as
>b-but a pc costs more than a console

The best setup nowadays for playing retro games on the go is by far phone + external controller. There are some small and portable models too nowadays. I don't see a reason to get a PSP or similar now.

get a vita it can emulate android where you can use drastic and play nds games faster than on a pc

I use GPD Win to play old pc games, emulate retro games and low demanding pc games in general.
Maybe is not so pocketable, I use mine for long trips on train and flights.
GPD Win 2 is overkill in my opinion, it also bigger and more heavy.

Attached: gpd-win-3.jpg (600x600, 215K)

this

I just finished my first RetroPie build with a pi3. gonna snag a zero next and build my own. 40 bucks max for a handheld build to play anything pre snesx.

Because the PSP is overall cheaper and easier unless he wants to spend another $200 just to play SNES games