Old Gayming PC

What should I do with this old gayming PC? Do I make a memecoin miner? Or a home server type thing?

It has an i5 2500k and a GTX 970 with a healthy excessive 1000W PSU, and two 3.5" 1TB Seagate Constellation AS HDD drives, which are actually pretty fucking good for HDDs.

SSD are all gutted out for my new thinkpad and other stuff. I need a job for this old thing.

Attached: IMG_20180905_200803.jpg (1920x2560, 1.47M)

A 1000W PSU sounds extremely excessive if you're not running a multi-GPU setup.

the GPU would really be necessary if you ran a home server either. It's still a good one, consider ing people are still buying 750Ti cards

Speedrun Half Life 2 8 hours a day

>old
Nothing about that computer could cause it to play games at less than high settings

/thread

Back when I bought this GPU I was running dual GTX 570s, so it was necessary at one point, fortunately they dont draw more power than necessary (for the most part) so there's no reason to stop using it.
>either
You mean too? I didnt think a server could really benefit a lot from it, but it is nice to run VNC servers on I will admit.

give it to me

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it, just use it as a regular computer.

Folding@home?

I have upgraded to a thinkpad. The motherboard actually has so many issues I'd feel bad selling it. I can run it stable but under certain conditions, and it has two ram slots max because two are defective and won't boot with them plugged in.
I got the thinkpad to use as a primary device now. I needed more ram to run VMs and study, and didnt wanna be tied to a desk for another 5 to 7 years if I replace the motherboard, and eventually the processor etc on the desktop instead.

Attached: centos.jpg (1200x794, 45K)

make yourself a torrent/plex server
the cpu and hard drives are more than enough for a nice little setup

sell the 970, bascially free money

Yeah. Maybe I'll hang on to it a bit and try using it without it to see if I need it or not, but I was considering that too, games are memes, and the few I ever play with friends run on the 8th gen i5 anyways.

I'm really torn between making it a sometimes usually on system or making it always on CentOS router/DNS

Attached: 194be9ltk1pgbjpg.jpg (800x1033, 230K)

Sell it and explain the problem in it's description, ya doofus.

With a 2500K you could overclock it and keep using it.

really nothing wrong with a 2500k even today, no need to upgrade if you aren't doing silly gaming.

I run the chip in a server 24/7
can even stream in 4k if I need it

That is still a decent for gaming, however, a single GTX 970 is shit at mining, the 2500k is overkill for mining.
2 1TB drives is shit for space for any half way decent server.

Don't see much use for it except as a gaming computer with it's current setup.

2tb is a fair few movies my man
you can always add more but it's a decent starting point. espeically when you consider booting from usb and using all of that drive space

Hmm. That does seem practical, then I could freely use the drives in any array and file system without much issue. A little persistence on my USB to help set things up might be nice tho. I'll think about it.

>old gayming PC
Literally every components in this rig is better than what I have in my main box.

I just dont need it anymore

Attached: IMG_20180905_212428_1.jpg (2160x3201, 1.42M)

>Jow Forums, /v/, Jow Forums, Jow Forums, /reddit/
i smell a wannabe

>Law and Order SVU
Oh boy. Nope.

You're not getting anywhere near 2TB if you account for server and other shit.

>critiquing other peoples basket weaving forum choices.

I smell a virgin

Go back.

Not before I finish what I've started

Attached: f4gerb3res4.png (436x553, 250K)

>Browses like a plebbit
>Shit posts like a plebbit
Guess it must be time for you to go back.