>3D without glasses
>AR built in
>facial tracking
>wireless charging
>near-zero latency
>can sleep for 4 days without dying
>has a stylus
>smartphone industry is only just now catching up, 7 years later
Is the Nintendo 3DS the most ahead-of-its time electronic device ever released?

Attached: nintendo 3ds.jpg (739x550, 57K)

Oh, also,
>double lens camera

One of them, yeah.

And the awards for most future-proof, most reliable, most durable and most iconic design all go to...

It's almost like Nintendo is psychic.

>800x240
>268Mhz

>buy super smash bros
>joystick fucked up in 1 month

Yeah, and can be awake for a whole 3 hours without dying too

On what game would that apply? I can still play up to 10hours of dragon quest on that thing.

Like every game my dude
KH DDD, Persona Q, Monstar Hunter, Resi Revelations, even some regular DS games, and more
I've never been able to squeeze more than 5 hours outta that thing

best girl

Attached: rayray.gif (234x131, 1.04M)

>tfw dreamcast was ahead of it's time
>tfw sega will never make a dreamcast ii and revive all the their wasted ips

the screen and battery was trash

I still don't get why people hate on the 3d feature. It was way ahead of its time and I still actively use it.

I've said this before but I was honestly shocked at just how many games actually use the 3D effect as a legitimate gaming mechanism and not just a visual gimmick. Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force and Mutant Mudds are all really difficult to play in 2D.
It makes me wonder how many games could've been that never got made because no other game consoles support 3D.

The screen is trash but the battery is great. You must have defective units.

What the fuck? No they aren't. In fact, throwing in stereoscopic 3D makes it even harder to tell the planes apart.

The OG 3DS had no 3D face tracking so when you weren't at the 100% perfect angle the 3D went away

I fucken loved that game

Yes. And Pokemon Stars was suppose to be its swan song, before Nintedo was full pic related

Attached: newlysamedirection.jpg (1058x705, 106K)

>what is replace&repair

>bezel of the bottom screen scratches the top screen
>terrible resolution
>3d works at one specific angle on a goddamn portable device
>shoulder buttons are still extremely finicky
>AR used for about 30 minutes worth of content
>terrible wifi
no
actual answer is palmtops

Attached: jornada.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

>mac right under it
Fuck off to the shiit shope with the coffee you need so desperatly

image is from google buddy

Give me a call on +61412086183

I knew that

Yes but the hardware was shit and some games even lagged

Nintendo has been innovative ever since gamecube era
It's a shame 'hardcore gamers' only want fatter hardware for their new consoles
Just get a pc at that point
Nintendo is the best sideconsole company for anyone techy, just look at the homebrew scenes for all their consoles

DONT HAVE EVEN 1 USB PORT

Including 3D was a really dumb move, considering the 3D meme ended not much later.

Un-needed SPI faggo

turn off 3d

Wifi and shoulder buttons are both great. You must have a defective unit.

>AR used for about 30 minutes worth of content
That's not Nintendo's fault. That's lazy developers' fault.
>3d works at one specific angle on a goddamn portable device
True, but only applies to the original 3DS.

3DS was a mistake.

essentially but also:
>games run like low fps shit
>facial tracking only in =new= 3ds
>screen small af in base model

what do you mean by
>wireless charging
having a base station with pins extruding from the side is not wireless

>stylus
stylus is essentially a stick no multipressure or stuff

>dual cameras
both are like 0,7mp and look like late 90s digital cameras. second camera used only for shitty 3d photos

The 3DS is literally rated for 6 hours by nintendo. This has been well known for years, and it's one of the 3DS and Vita's weakest points.

Please don't lie.

ps vita has better battery though, I go without worry at least for a day with it, which probably means 6 play hours, on Persona 4, I don't know about more heavy games

>having a base station with pins extruding from the side is not wireless
It's the same basic concept. Lie the device down on a charging base, it charges. Qi chargers are also technically not wireless, either, but let's not get into semantics.
Having a contact base is wireless because the device isn't being directly penetrated by a wire. The charging cradle is generally the same idea as a Qi pad.

Only if you slam it hard whenever you shut it, and still, the scratches are so light that most of the time it's only noticeable if the screen is off.
Minor design flaws in execution don't disqualify the ideas behind them as ahead of their time.

>QI is the same as a charging cradle XD
Fucking retarded

The screen scratching issue was on _ORIGINAL MODELS_ over 5 years ago

What game?

6 hours is a lot though

New Nintedo 3DS eShop games are horrible nowadays. The developers know for a fact that nobody is going to buy the games anyway because the Switch exists and there's a lot of hype based around it.
The result is awful glitchy games that look like shady freemium games you'd download on your phone and uninstall after 10 minutes.

Spirit of Justice

"Fucking retarded" is not a valid argument. The general concept is the same. The mechanism is built to make charging easier, especially in the dark. That's what they have in common. That's all.

>only Qi standard methods of wireless charging can be called wireless charging
>because I say so

Attached: really dumb wojak.jpg (645x729, 41K)

It's literally not wireless, it's just a fucking dock

The pins are right fucking there, what kind of stupid ass joke is this

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 4K)

retard

"That's not a valid argument"

Introducing, the Lenovo Wireless Charging Dock

Attached: download.jpg (999x527, 79K)

Contact pins are not wires and don't require the user to do any kind of alignment for them to be plugged into the device. Again, you're getting hung up on semantics; I'm focusing on big picture concept.
This was one of the first mainstream devices that allowed you to carelessly place the device on a pad and start charging it without thinking about it, a tech we would later see widely implemented with Qi.

Also, isn't me.

>Has a stylus

With no sensitivity, yikes

If it's good enough for Samsung, it's good enough for me.

Yeah, you're fucking retarded
Have a good one

pins are ending of wires which are in dock thus it's not wireless, it's just different 'connector'

What Samsung phone has a stylus without sensitivity?

Why samefag so hard

3-5 hours on the official site

More semantics.
Qi pads also connect to wires and thus aren't truly 'wireless,' are they now? Furthermore they require direct contact with the device, much like the 3DS and its charging cradle.

They're virtually the same. One uses pins and the other doesn't. But the use cases are exactly the same. I don't know how many times I'll have to explain this. Neither of them are "wireless," but we call it that for the sake of it.

Galaxy Note.

3D without glasses wasn't really all that special. It used the same tech that movie companies except the polarizer was on the screen itself instead of on your head via disposable/reusable glasses. You could see the odd artifact when using a 3DS in 2D mode because of the polarizer still being there so you have that funky "interlaced" effect so in other words there was no way to get double resolution in 2D mode.

It just isn't wireless retard

Now without "semantics", what's the difference from this?

The shape makes you lie it in easily :)

Attached: images (1).jpg (225x225, 4K)

The Galaxy note does have sensitivity, what the fuck?

That's literally the whole fucking point.

Nice argument.

You still have to sort of fiddle around with it and push it down in order to have the connector penetrate the bottom of the phone. It isn't thoughtless or effortless. Also, the device is being directly penetrated and not just contacted.

Smartphones don't use pin style docks because they suck dick and break easily, like the 3DS cradle did

Mine broke in a literal month

>3DS charging dock

You seem to think this is an innovation, and not a return to when every cell phone required their own charging cable

>samefagging and deliberately neglecting to link the post you're replying to in the hopes that maybe he won't respond and you'll look like you got the last laugh before the thread archives
truly pathetic last ditch effort. shame on you.

try 4 months

also
>wireless charging
oh boy, here we go again

Attached: 300px-PlayStation-Vita-1101-FL.jpg (300x183, 10K)

>Nintendo 3Dotsperinch
Based Vita. Fucking proprietary memory cards, though. The hacks couldn't come soon enough.

Attached: Atelier-Rorona-Plus-The-Alchemist-Of-Arland-108579.jpg (2048x1536, 474K)

*back touch pad goes entirely unused*

If Sony hadn't fucked with gimmicks, they could've kept that OLED screen on future models, I bet. That backtouch pad and camera were used in barely any games that weren't the few that came out at launch. The only notable game I recall using the back camera at all was the Uncharted title where you had to hold the unit up to a light source to show a message on a piece of paper in game. Admittedly that's kind of neat, but still pointless.
Piracy of games being made at the time was so rampant on the original PSP that their hand was forced. It's one of the few cases where they were probably actually losing sales from piracy because of how goddamn easy it was.

>2008 smartphone specs
>gimmick that they backtracked on
>gimmick
>nottodissushittoagain
>my battery lasts forever when I don't use it
>already present since DS also a bandaid for shitty resistive screen
Backpad was a mistake, they even made it smaller in the second gen. Like, just fuck my poke through screen mechanics. Fortunately, I think TearAway was the only casualty.

>You must have a defective unit.
There sure must be a lot of defective units then. With dust under the screen, shoulder buttons dying and hinges breaking constantly.
>That's lazy developers' fault.
The fuck you want people to do? Jailbreak and write their own games? If nobody ever used it, it's pointless.

Resolution on a 2011 268MHz Dual-Core with 128mb of RAM, literally did not matter. Nobody was there for graphics anyways, it was about the platform and games available on it.

>3D without glasses
>AR built in
Didn't care, no one used it, was a gimmick to begin with. And I still only care about 3D in VR
>wireless charging
uh, wut
>near-zero latency
Literally everything is near zero latency, on a single player game without accounting for the engine, an IPS display is maybe 8ms, a decent keyboard is maybe 10ms, assuming i have vsync on, thats 17ms. So 35ms. Lets round up to be generous and say 50ms. 1/20 of a second. I'd like to think I'm good. But I doubt 1/20 of a second makes a difference.

Why are you so stuck on calling it wireless charging? It's a dock. And the expectation with wireless charting is that there are no moving parts or contacts that can break. For example, my old Galaxy Gear Live had a charging cradle that relied on two plastic tabs to hold the spring loaded contacts into place, sure it was no issue to just press it on, but when the tabs broke, or if a pin had instead bent, I was still fucked. Even on my G watch Urbane I don't call it wireless just because it uses a magnet to hold it in place.

That spring in the dock is mechanical, so are the contacts. They will break eventually. Whether it's corrosion or separation from the rest of the circuit, it will break. With wireless charging there should be no contacts that will do this.

This all being said, I like docks, theyre useful and functional, but the idea is still different from wireless charging for good reason, I expect a dock to have significantly better performance, but less durability.

thanks for reminding,asshole

Attached: hurts.jpg (270x273, 18K)

Lower resolution means changing your art to adjust for the lack of detail. See Atelier I posted earlier.
Ironic considering the entry point for Henkaku ended up being a never before seen webkit exploit aimed at the browser.

>nottodissushittoagain
what the fuck?

>tfw dreamcast was ahead of it's time
No, it wasn't. It was woefully under powered by the time it was released because the PS2 as announced and blew it out of the water showcasing graphics that the Dreamcast couldn't possible hope for, then, 1 year later, the gamecube was show cast and further put the nail in the coffin

Every time the 3DS comes up, some Nintendolt likes to claim it has wireless charging.

Attached: Wireless Charging according to a Nintendo Soyboy.png (1200x674, 706K)

Qi gradually destroys the battery though. They're both fairly ephemeral to a degree.

>Lower resolution means changing your art to adjust for the lack of detail. See Atelier I posted earlier.
Who, cares? The art style to Pokemon also changed as resolution went up, I still prefer the OG Sapphire and Ruby. Game play is still the only thing that matters. And I'd be willing to bet there are a few retro games you still go back and play. Even though in 2018 a 4k TV is relatively cheap.

But why? Like, the DS Lineup had a lot of cool shit going for it, why is the meme "wireless" charging?

Literally 200% wrong.

I agree, it's still the idea though. Hence why I never actually use wireless charging. Plugging it in is not a big deal. Especially when I'm not a normy neanderthal who forces shit in because I don't understand electrical connections.

The Vita can't sleep for weeks without dying. It dies in days.
Unless you include power off.

is turning it off really such a big deal? I mean its cool to sleep for 4 hours until I'm on lunch to play again or get off work but... why would I need 4 days?

I'm personally comfortable with 2 weeks, but days and weeks are exaggerations.
Henkaku is lost on reboot even if it is just two clicks.

>Henkaku is lost on reboot even if it is just two clicks.
Sounds like a shit game then, what's the appeal? If I liked a game that pulled that shit, I'd just give up on the franchise. I stopped played Payday 2 and GTA V, It's not like that's something I've never done before. Hundreds of hours in both games too. Still makes me sad to think how those devs have fallen but fuck them.

It's the home brew enabler not a game

Holy shit, the bezels on that top screen are so huge. I can't believe people thought this was acceptable back then.

Okay, so I'm just retarded. Got it. I didn't know there was a homebrew scene for the DS, what's it like? what are the perks over say, a pandora, or PSP, or a palmtop, or a GPD device?

I don't want to believe this.

Its all good and all but i wish they instead made it 2d and had better build quality + cpu gpu ram and ips screens on all models

Double lense was for 3d, not double lens like phones do

Its the reason i use input redirect. I destroyed my psp with monhun, dont want my 3ds to meet the same fate

That's a fucking lie. It's a known fact that 3DS sleep sucks and won't last 2 days, meanwhile shit like DS and PSP can last months while sleeping.

I've been using my O3DS since 2011 and I bought smash on release, the worst that happened was that rubber thing coming off in a week or so after smash, but I glued it back with super glue and never had a issue since.

Dreamcast was a joke and PS2 btfo'd it hard a year later.

No for the Vita. Benefits include
>Overclocking (now up to 500MHz)
>sd2vita SDcard adapter (occupies game card slot)
>VitaSD (same but internal and only for the 3G model)
>maidump (old game Dumper and installer, generally better for mods)
>noNPDRM (new hotness, maybe less suited for mods but it's getting there)
>Adrenaline (Virtual PSP can use entire
library of games and emulators)
>Adblocker (lol ads for games in app switcher)
>Noled (turns off light in home button)
>Vitabright (extends and locks screen brightness range)
>Save dumper
If you liked the PSP, the Vita can do everything it can, now with a better screen and 2 analog sticks.

Took 3 years for that to happen to me. You should've just taken the rubber clean off, though. The joystick is 1000x better without the rubber.

>Double lense was for 3d, not double lens like phones do
A lot of phones use the second lens for distance measurement so that it can artificially blur the background accurately. So the lenses do 3D, but you just can't see it.

>Buying games for the easiest to hack console ever

It only happened with the launch 3DS's, the back rubber thing that's there to 'supposedly' meant to not let the top and bottom parts touch is too short and end up doing nothing.

Attached: IMG_20180906_065909.jpg (1920x2560, 1.26M)

>You should've just taken the rubber clean off, though. The joystick is 1000x better without the rubber.
I tried for a week but it felt like shit imo

it was too bothersome before ~2016