Is this worth it ?

Attached: 1118787315.jpg (300x377, 44K)

Since those book are not on my folder, I can say isn't worth it.

Does it use IDA Pro exclusively? If so, it's not worth it because it's a real bitch to get an IDA Pro license (they don't want it to be used by warez groups or the Chinese military, so they do background check on buyers, and if they don't see legit position like being an academic or a researcher at reputable software company, they deny purchase), it's almost impossible to pirate recent versions, and even if you qualify to purchase, it's like $3,000 a year per user.

No, reverse engineering is too inefficient in terms of time.

what are you looking for? theory? practical?

Since I dont know how to read that book, I can say isn't worth it.

the recent version already leak. version 7 already in the wild you wanna find it.

>le "I've downloaded a ton of books I've never read" meme
kill yourself

Did they manage to turn off the "phone home" part fully? Hex-ray people are quite vindictive and keep a map of all the IPs that used/tried to use pirated copies of IDA Pro.

I really wanna die. if you want to shot me. please. I don't wanna stop you.

If it's on gen.lib.rus.ec, you're paying too much for it.

Wouldn't you can block it with your firewall on "outbond connection" so the software can't communicate.

Take a breath user. You'll be OK

>Does it use IDA Pro exclusively
No, it's a mix between IDA and windbg, but leans heavily on IDA. It's also terribly dry and hard to get through. It's a good primer I would say as the exercises provide no way of checking your work. There are better books

>There are better books
such as?

Also, is there a good learning resource for radare2? The official tutorial starts out very basic then goes all over the place without focus, and the YouTube videos are good for hand-holding you through crackme tutorials, but not all that useful for learning the general principle or developing intuition.

better and free.

Reverse Engineering for Beginners

Thanks. Looks promising.

That's something that always bothered me: how do I get into real RE without spending 2k in software and resources. Learning arm, x86 and x64 is free, but I always get my path blocked by not finding any decent alternative to IDA Pro, and then I'm stuck at solving crackmes designed for toy debuggers.

Literally available on most pirate sites full version 7.0 been using that. Theres also official free version with limitations on their site

why not use eval version?

french names, french names everywhere