Why can't they get it right?

Why can't they get it right?

Will Photoshop be the king forever? Should we jump on the Krita/Affinity bandwagon instead?

Attached: gimp-logo 1.png (1700x800, 306K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/1013903/can-you-run-paint-tool-sai-on-linux
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gimp just needs to rearrange it's layout so it's more intuitive, so you don't need to use a fucking tutorial to do something as basic as changing brush sizes.

If you cant find the brush size slider without reading the dox you didn't try that hard or maybe you're blind.
I'd try Krita but for some dumb psychological reason I don't want to install a dozen KDE libs.

affinity photo doesn't and won't have a lunix version
someone please prove me wrong

>not using PaintToolSAI

Even have a guide for freefags askubuntu.com/questions/1013903/can-you-run-paint-tool-sai-on-linux

It's easier to use mypaint on looneex

>Change logo
>Change UI
>Have more than one guy develop it
It's quite similar to the problem Emacs is having, it's unappealing to newcomers because all the key-bindings are different and there's no tabs.

Jump out the window please

>Change UI to imitate inferior photoshop's abomination of a UI
No thanks

>still no cmyk support for gimp
Fucking embarrassing.

>no tabs in gimp
there are if you enable the single window UI

No tabs in emacs you gimp

>tutorial to do something as basic as changing brush sizes.
how stupid are you

kym

>Why can't they get it right?
terrible programmers is why. it has been a terrible program since forever. nobody uses GIMP unless they're forced to.

There is literary a "size" slider
Gimp may not be as intuitive as Mario Paint, but it's not developer's fault if you are retarded

What's wrong with GIMP?

Nothing, OP is being a faggot.

It's fine

>no CMYK support
>no layer styles
>no adjustment layers
>no smart filters
>no clipping masks
>gradient maps can't be edited after being applied
>can't edit rotated text without losing your rotation
>can't select multiple layers at once
>no shape tool

How does it feel to be a complete idiot who uses shitty graphics software?

Nothing wrong with Gimp.
People are just used to use Photoshop even for small editings like crop a photo or make a image brighter.

Attached: file.png (1336x857, 888K)

>Raster plebs
Vector softwares are superior

Attached: IMG_20180906_142416.jpg (720x960, 66K)

It handles text boxes worse than fucking MS paint

I use Krita for drawing and digital painting. It's actually pretty good out of the box for that, even has a not terrible animation studio built in.

Krita is far more polished than gimp. still not as good as photoshop though.

Krita is for drawing.

Photoshop is for drawing and photo editing. Affinity is the real competition.

Emacs actually has so much features it overwhelms the user. While GIMP only has maybe 30% of photoshop's.

True, emacs big problems are unintuitive defaults, poor (internal) discoverability, and an alternative workflow. All of which can be fixed with packages and customisation, but asking the standard programmer to invest that effort instead of just using sublime or atom isn't gonna work.

I love emacs and use it whenever I can, but it took years of chipping away at (mostly just using org-mode) to actually become even remotely comfortable with, and even then I only did that because Jow Forums memed me into it.

Digits of truth. Inkscape is ok and would probably switch to it if I ever lose my pirated Illustrator.

Krita is degenerate furry garbage until they remove the splash screen by default.

This is the problem with freetards. You want more people to use your software but when those people tell you what to change to adopt the software you insult them.

You cannot both get people to use FOSS and treat those people like shit. If you want to be an anti social pariah that’s fine but don’t expect anyone to be using gimp or whatever.

Protip: change that program’s name and logo

consider donating or working on implementing some of those features yourself

adobe treats customers even worse, gimp advocates are just doing what all you people beg for which is copying them

Attached: Untitled.png (1080x1080, 910K)

They just got $100k so I hope they'll hire a hundred pajeets for five years to code circle drawing tool which will satisfy you fa/g/s

>familiar copypaste.
shill much?

If gimp is so bad, why is adobe so scared of it that they need to sponsor this thread every single fucking day?

Attached: 1511488704757.jpg (600x451, 24K)

>adobe treats customers even worse
They at least have a usable product.

>He doesn't use Affinity Photo

i got so use to gimp i dont think i could use anything else

>proprietary cloud-based trash
>usable

Sorry. I meant "more usable" than GIMP.

Affinity is for photo editing.

Why didn't they restrict new gamemode to ranger only? It's gonna be full of dooms,BJs and eventually adarkis.

Nobody is asking (You) to use it. It's a free as in free beer program and nobody is getting paid for you switching to it. If you are unable to understand any UI that's different what you're used to - then tough luck. I guess you're forced to use that no matter what. People here are free to insult you as much as they want. Your post reeks of "talk to your manager" mindset when most likely none of the GIMP developers browse this forum.

Protip: You can't demand anything from Jow Forums but you can try to hide your brainletism so people would stop insulting you. Good luck with that.

Also this

>implying Adobe would waste effort on convincing basement dwellers of anything

It had an update (2.10) now it has a nicer splash screen

everything except the mascot in Krita is good, made the switch from gimp a while ago and it has the standards for photo editing, very smooth UI and visualization

GIMPshop is a thing.

>tell you what to change to adopt the software
Why the fuck should every software you touch after photoshop be a clone of photoshop? Do you think someone who's only used gimp for 5 years can just say "hey this Photoshop shit looks terrible, why doesn't adobe change it just for me?"
If you're too fucking retarded to switch to a slightly different UI then it's your problem and you're practically a non-user so your opinions aren't even relevant.
After using M$ office for 10 years I stopped using office software for 4 years (outside of reading office files and doing extremely basic text edits), then moved to LibreOffice and honestly it's just as good and the UI might even be better than M$O. Anyone who claims otherwise didn't even take 2 minutes of their time checking out where's what. A child is capable of doing that. The fact that you got old and have less time doesn't mean you should be too lazy to learn something new.

What are some alternatives to gimp for image editing? Krita seems popular, but it only seems to be for painting, not editing.

>Start up GIMP, anxious to make some more le ebin meme images
>"Loading fonts (this may take a while)"

I really wish that feature would be removed. Why does the fucking thing have to load fonts for 5 goddamn minutes, just about every fucking time I start the program?

Attached: 743289.jpg (550x469, 42K)

Are you running a pentium III ?

>gimpshop
Baby ducks need tough love.

Attached: 1532359600861.gif (342x342, 777K)

>[freetard sperging]
tl;dr

your wish us now real. install from nigtly or repo. now it load fonts in background. it only.affects you if you open gimp and try to write imnediatelly

Here's a tldr
If you're incapable of adapting to a different tool then you don't belong in the industry.

>i-it's all adobe shills
>even though the OP is shilling both krita and affinity photo, which are actual valid alternatives unlike gimp, which is trash

Attached: 1506861254726.jpg (1024x595, 74K)

Here are a few ideas

UI - blocky best windows 10 like = ageless

next solve toolbox and countless options people get lost in by making a mouse hovering over the icon display short info and a click on it displying its purpose think of it as tiny wiki

Attached: 5256_dragon_ball_z_hd_wallpapers_goku_vegeta.jpg (1111x963, 298K)

Photoshop: Clip Studio Paint, Krita, Affinity Photo, and maybe GIMP
Illustrator: Affinity Designer

Why would you need Adobe ?

I heard Russia is financing Open Source so free stuff becomes better than all that expensive proprietary software.

how exactly does it have poor internal discoverability? you can't literally ask for help on any variable or function?

Lightroom + Photoshop is kino

>Will Photoshop be the king forever?
Hopefully not
>Should we jump on the Krita/Affinity bandwagon instead?
>Krita
Jesus christ no. Literally just use SAI for anything that doesnt force you to use inkscape

Fucking destroyed. Will GIMP ever recover?

Attached: 1534878967463.jpg (365x346, 12K)

Make GIMP’s UI function more like Photoshop, ez

PS > GIMP
That being said, any of you anons have any experience with Pixelmator vs. Pixelmator Pro? Granted I'm sure Pro is supposedly better but the shitty tool layout means that I'm losing roughly 30% of screen real estate to crap that blocks my image.

All the freetard brainlets here saying there's nothing wrong with Gimp aren't artists or image editors. They're programmers who would eat the fungus off Stallman's feet if given the opportunity.

There's a good reason Gimp has never been respected within the art community.

Use Clip Studio Paint for drawing.
SAI is only popular because it's easy to pirate and there's a pirated version full of extra brushes

Make GIMP great again

Wouldn't even make sense since most anons would pirate it.

the unix philosophy is what's killing linux consumer software
tools do not restrict themselves to doing one thing
software is a tool

stay mad, Kiki is cute.

Attached: fsdfgsdfgsdfgd.png (737x671, 148K)

Fuck off

the """art community""" you speak of is a bunch of bootlicking adobe shills

>tools do not restrict themselves to doing one thing
the ones that don't are bad and over-engineered

how do i draw a circle anyways?

Attached: america.gif (372x209, 1.93M)

circle drawing just got funded

Attached: circle funding.png (749x219, 21K)

>the """art community""" you speak of is a bunch of bootlicking adobe shills
Yes, just mindlessly insult them while they're making a living as artists, while you're a worthless trash heap clinging to gimp with nothing even remotely good to show.

>making a living as artists
we don't care, get a real job
>a worthless trash heap with nothing even remotely good to show
that describes literally every photoshop user

>we don't care, get a real job
Says the brainlet who believes he "programs" for a living.

>circle select tool
>contrl. For symmetric dimensions, every dimension possible
>rightclick draw on selection

nah i'm actually a photoshop user which means i suck cocks for a living

paint.NET is ultimate just werks photoshop (with plugins) with virtually 0 barrier to entry, shame mono is so bad

>the ones that don't are bad and over-engineered
i was not aware screwdrivers were over-engineered

Photoshop > Affinity > Gimp

You are an idiot.

>Nobody is asking (You) to use it.
No, this is incorrect. There are tons of people actively advocating free software, and those people cannot grasp that people dislike (some) free software because it's inferior to paid software, they just respond to criticism with hurr durr git gud fegit, tough luck kid.