He still hasn't set up that Pi-Hole

>he still hasn't set up that Pi-Hole

Attached: IMG_20180905_230211974-2016x1512.jpg (2016x1512, 634K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jodrell/unbound-block-hosts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why go small? When I can go big and install OpenBSD on some PC Engines APU and write my pf.conf

Attached: pf3E_cover01.png (605x799, 142K)

Enjoy your bloat, just to block a few ads. github.com/jodrell/unbound-block-hosts

browser blockers are better and free

How can I trust a book that can't even put an octagon shaped stop sign on the cover

those arent real blockers. they just hide the ads

>literally judging a book by its cover

>inferior ublock
No thanks.
And before you start talking about non-PC devices, there's no reason to use them for web browsing at home.

does it log visited sites per host?

Attached: 1500793647233.jpg (385x398, 17K)

YES IT DOES

ok? end result is the same. actually browser blockers are better because they can restructure the page around the missing ads. pihole just leads to a bunch of 404 gaps

Attached: 1501758334648.jpg (370x399, 31K)

I'm not a winbabby who needs extra dedicated hardware because he has no control over what his main machine sends over the net.

Attached: baka.jpg (480x360, 47K)

YES IT DOES, but you need to disable DHCP server in your router and enable it in pihole settings.

raspi zero is literally $5

>Not using pfsense with pfblockerng

Attached: 1526493758562.jpg (291x378, 22K)

>he thinks DNS resolution only occurs for web pages

this thread again? no, no one's buying into your peepeehole bullshit, ublock and umatrix are more than enough

But that would only log lookups, and your device will cache successful resolutions for a period of time.

Stop lieing or post a link where that would apply, so I can prove you wrong.

Attached: 1532418247832.gif (560x411, 74K)

Why go "big" when I can go big for real and install Gentoo on a quad socket EPYC machine and configure iptables together with the OpenRC iptables service?

Not needed when my router can do it

For those of you updating to 4.0. Reminder that they started bundling their own dnsmasq and stopped using the system's.

I was wondering why the dnsmasq service was down after updating, then I looked it up.

This.

Can I use it on virtualbox to gib internet to the host?

Attached: 1533784254768.jpg (991x1200, 131K)

why 'go big for real' when you can go huge set up an OpenWRT router, write the iptables policy for your whole network including public block lists, and configure the logging daemon to output the logs in a format you can see in a pretty way, or jest set up a pihole and save yourself the trouble

>pihole
thanks but I'd rather have a fast local DNS

>not censoring your ip
firing up the kali rig now

you can have both user

This shit is being shilled here so much it's pretty much a red flag now.

doesn't apply to jewtube on a smartTV

Needs a dark theme

In that case I'd like something that is not a crude hack, thank you very much

I block ads at router level.

My internet is faster then 100 port on pi

Since I installed pinhole at home I forget the internet even has ads. Go to visit friend or family and become unable to even read hacker news articles.