What's the causal link behind this correlation?

What's the causal link behind this correlation?

Attached: ncta.png (500x400, 14K)

if you have to ask, you belong on windows

Children

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to use Arch Linux. The configuration is extremely difficult, and without a solid grasp of theoretical computer science most of the options will go over a typical user's head. There's also Arch's minimalist look, which is deeply coded into its design - its collective philosophy draws heavily from Donald Judd artstyle, for instance. The Archfags understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this OS, to realize that it's not just stripped down- it says something deep about COMPUTERS. As a consequence people who dislike Arch truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the wisdom in Arch's Motto "Keep it simple," which itself is a cryptic reference to Eric Raymond's epic Jargon File. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Judd Vinet's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have an Arch linux tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

loonix is a matter of choice.
The other 2 are things that are force fed to idiots.
The OS X IQ is skewed because of the "dev meme" dream that your graduate retard wants to live by buying an apple product.

>To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to use Arch Linux.
put me int the screencap, upside down.

why doesn't the y axis start from 0?
linux shills are getting desperate lmao

Incidence of autism.

Attached: fnins-10-00300-g004.jpg (454x289, 88K)

hi /b/

so am i objectively smart now :)

nice correlation
i have another one for you

Attached: ievsmurders.jpg (640x360, 53K)

wtf, does internet explorer cause murders ???

now do a Penis Size vs Operating System ;)

He asked for the causal link.
Just literally why we see the distribution we see.
A correlation would imply choosing Linux makes you smarter. Which is not what was said.

It's hard to explain this to the windows crowd.

>use internet explorer
>slow as fuck
>crashes all the time
>raises aggression
>increased risk of murdering someone

There are more people using Windows so its going to be closer to 100.

Takes a certain amount of curiosity to use Linux so its going to be over 100.

The OSX one I have no idea. Maybe homosexuality increases intelligence.

makes sense, thanks

A bit less impressive when you account for proper scaling.

Attached: Capture.jpg (831x543, 99K)

>t. wintard

>Linux makes you smarter
lmao retard

>t. retard whose time is worthless

>libreoffice
>windows
linuxfags are retarded

>winbabies need correct visual scaling because they are unable to tell the difference between 97, 104 and 109
AAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

>Computer science
>High IQ
What

Are YOU retarded? You can tell it's Windows from the window decorations

people with more money to spend will generally have a higher IQ simply because they can afford a good education. any poor fag can just walk into a store and buy a cheap laptop with windows already on it.

>freetard immediately sets up a strawman
>laughs at his own inadequacies
Not an argument.

I always knew linux users were genetically superior
Wintards and mactoddlers belong in death camps

You can't read more than two sentences?

> No error bars
Into the thrash it goes. And I'm not even a wintard

Dat truncated graph though.

Homosexuals indeed have a higher IQ on general. Also, a lot of professionals use OSX these days. They have enough IQ to have a job that utilizes professional programs on a computer, but not enough IQ to realize Apple products are overpriced and overheating trash. Sadly, this trend went on for so long that many professional programs are built first and foremost for OSX, Windows second, and GNU/Linux last if it is even being considered.
Many web developers also use OSX because they want an integrated terminal, but are too intimidated by GNU/Linux and are too much of a faggots to resist the design and status symbol that Apple products offer.

Attached: 1514829986954.png (665x800, 30K)

Not really though, IQ starts at 100 and deviates from there.

Windows: used by general public
Mac: only wealthy people can afford
Linux: used by IT experts

>He doesn't know that IQ follows a bell curve (with most having ~100), and therefore it makes sense to focus in between the lowest IQ value and the highest value
>he is affected visually by how a graph is presented
winbabbies, everyone.

Attached: snap.png (846x585, 24K)

hold up there buddy,
> used by IT experts
I work in IT, ive worked in IT for 2 or so years now
we use Linux on some occasions and its usually to recover data with Deedee but otherwise i keep it on my laptop for fun

(You) for a pretty good pasta edit

Used by IT experts =/= all IT experts use

Education does not cause a higher IQ, it is genetic and the free market rewards traits that come with a higher IQ greater than it does traits for lower IQ people

Why isn't the deviation from 100 standard? Why does the graph only go 6 points down but 12 points above 100?

IQ = genetics + environment
a tard born will never grow into a genius and a genius born will never devolve into a tard
but two geniuses born will not end up with the same smarts if one studies while the other jacks off all day

Blatantly false and baseless misinformation, every remotely reputable study on intelligence shows education is the deciding factor

Yes, that's true

but it's important to get across the point that genetic factors are the biggest push, not environmental, short of getting hit in the head with a brick or something

We are fighting nature when we subsidize the breeding of the bottom 30% economically and will pay the price dearly in the future

absolutely

marriage is dysgenics anyways

>OS used by 90% of the population due to it's price and accessibility
vs
>OS used by those of higher socio-economic status (and thus higher standard of education)
vs
>OS used primarily for professional purposes outside of enthusiastic hobbyists

Yeh, really got my niggin jiggin.

If it were up to me, we'd only breed the top 10% of the human intelligence pool anonymously

but because I am not fond of state power, the free market is the best alternative as it essentially rewards the same things if we cut out inheritance

>(and thus higher standard of education)

no, a higher IQ means you are more likely to do well in higher education

higher education will not increase anyone's raw IQ, it is genetic.

>OS used by those of higher socio-economic status (and thus higher standard of education)
this is what fucktaded thinkingposters actually believe.

>He calls a Gaussian distribution a bell curve
Don't act so smug, you're not much better

The greatest genius born without proper nutrition, iodine, proper neonatal environment or raised in non nurturing and abusive childhood will become the dirtiest retard nigger criminal in the world.

You can EASILY make a genius stupid but it is impossible to make a tard a genius. Luckily, tards can still pass on genius genetics which may slow the progression of IQ decline.

Windows is ubiquitous, thus is more representative of the mean average of the world. Linux is used primarily by system administrators, programmers, and engineers, thus is it representative of a smaller subset of society. Now, of course, if it weren't for all the niggers being taught how to use Ubuntu, this average IQ would be much higher for Linux.

That is blatantly false and baseless.

Twin studies showed IQ has a heritability factor of 0.76.

This is based on identical twins (same genetics) reared apart. If education was the deciding factor you'd see a heritability of IQ at 0.49 or less in identical twins reared apart.

Leftists can't science.

>twins raised apart!
>one grew up in a middle class family in a state while the other grew up in another similar middle class family in the state right next.
Now find a study in which one twin was raised in New York and the other in a small African village

retard

Care to elaborate?

you're a fucking pedantic retard

The less people using it, smaller the focus group, etc... Most retards use Windows because it's what Thier handlers throw at them.

Acording to you, language is also genetic then. After all, you can raise twins apart and they'll speak the same language 99% of the time.

just like what I said, you know so little you don't see how much you don't know anything
stop talking about subjects you don't know anything about, commie

Shit, I'm being schooled by a guy with no arguments. Feelsbadman

well, people who dont use linux are fucking stupid.

Lacking authentictiy 3/10

>comparing a kernel to operating systems
Every time

Attached: 1534974426849.gif (160x160, 704K)

you are possibly one of the blackest gorrilla retard niggers i've ever seen post on Jow Forums, and thats saying some shit.

are you aware of how fucking stupid you are? I'm not saying this just to be mean. you need to be aware of how dumb you are. it will help you further along in life.

>there's more people with sub 100 iq than people more intelligent than me using linux
This is sad. I thought I'm in a good elitist company

Still waiting for an actual argument

>apple higher than MS
I doubt that. I fucking doubt that, given the idiots that buy apple

I don't understand what you just said

Wealthier people tend to have macs, and wealthier people tend to have higher IQs. Linux's reason is just obvious

I'm a different person not involved in your discussion.

This is obviously bait.

Nobody is this retarded. Right?

Still no arguments. Color me surprised

bbc owners use nigger linux

branes

>i should use linux, putting myself in the high iq category makes me indistinguishable from the other members of the group
Jow Forums is probably lowering that left most bar.

Attached: 1912372935.jpg (360x360, 17K)

You don't seem to understand the point of the study.

They factored in socioeconomic background (which is not the same as very poor living conditions)
which accounts for 0.24.

A small African village would be detrimental to the study since people in that environment will suffer IQ loss due to malnutrition and, just as importantly, exposure to pathogens. Poor living conditions are largely to blame for low IQ's in much of the developing world. This does NOTHING to prove or disprove the heritability of IQ though, it only proves that poor living conditions can reduce general IQs regardless of whatever advantages their genetics provided. When you place those some Africans in Europe their children will have higher IQs. If it still is not on par with the European population, and their living conditions are the same, that is when you have a prime environment for testing the heritability of IQs.

If you aren't able to grasp this SIMPLE concept I'm afraid there is no way to continue a conversation with you about anything more complex than football matches and beer.

Further studies have backed up these concepts. Parent and child IQ heritability is about 0.4, which if you went by the twin studies, is what you would expect. A parent shares 50% of their genetics with their children.

>If you aren't able to grasp this SIMPLE concept I'm afraid there is no way to continue a conversation with you about anything more complex than football matches and beer.
*tips fedora*

Oh man, you showed me.

How does it feel to be a brainlet?

>linux users
>intelligent and not poor

IT'S SIMPLE - IT ALL STARTED WHEN THE STREETSHITTING NATION ATTACKED

It would make the results appear as if they are very close when they are really not close. The difference between a 109 and a 97 IQ is significant. Why include values that are outliers at best (such as 0-90) when the data used is meant to have a mean of 100?

If person A has an IQ lower than person B, does that mean person A is genetically superior? No, the opposite may be true.
IQ is completely defined by genetics, except when it isn't.

>Windows
Windows is used by the vast majority of people, like I wouldn’t be surprised if 70%+ of the planet uses Windows. The IQ is likely just so low because the average person is fairly stupid.
>Apple
College students and the more savvy boomers, most likely. Not surprising that those groups would have a higher IQ than say, the average IQ.
>Linux
We’re actually that smart, probably. I scored a 130 IQ. A very small minority actually uses GNU/Linux as an OS by free will, so I imagine those that do just happen to be smarter people that can understand how the Linux kernel works and why it’s worth swapping over.

>most having ~100
80% are between 85 and 115, it's not the same as saying "most are ~100"

user, why is it worth to swap over to Linux? I want to be more inteligent, but I'm struggling to understand how the Linux kernel works

>Education does not cause a higher IQ, it is genetic
Actually you can increase your measured IQ significantly by training.

0 doesn't have any special significance on a deviation score with a mean of 100.

lrn2iq

Yeah but the g loading goes to shit so your "trained" iq score has no predictive validity.

pretty obvious, when you get most people, you get most problems.

Attached: os-use.png (1197x873, 209K)

you have to use the shill scale and zoom in like fuck.

2019 will be YOTLD

Swapping will not boost your intelligence stat, sorry friendo.

Honestly though, just lurk moar in . Maybe ask a couple questions every now and then. Click the links on their copypasta OP. It’ll all make sense soon enough.

chinese don't pay for windows, those numbers are inflated

0.76, you fucking moron.

This has been mostly proven to be false. IQ is more flexible at younger ages so much of small results were seen in children. IQ is set in stone once you reach adulthood.

Are you retarded? IQ isn’t even measured from zero. It’s a Gaussian centred around 100 and goes off to infinity in either direction

I use Linux but I fucking hate charts that don't start on 0

there is a correllation between people who hate shitty charts and high IQ