2 cores

anandtech.com/show/13332/amd-athlon-200ge-55-usd

>2 cores

AYYMDCORELETS BTFO
B
T
F
O

Attached: Athlon-page-007_575px.jpg (678x381, 42K)

CPUs should be bought for a purpose. You don't need 32c/64t for stuff that you most likely do

>55 dollars

seems fair enough

Attached: 4b2763e5.png (409x378, 156K)

that is neato
kinda glad AMD is finally getting back into real competition with intel in all the different parts of the CPU market

Is this a better processor than my current one?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-07-18 11-02-20.png (1366x768, 66K)

wrong pic

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-06 09-43-43.png (812x378, 62K)

>35 watts

I don't give a fuck about this $55 if motherboard will cost more than one for $65 Intel G4600. And it fucking will. And you know that.

Imagine if AMD was smart enough to make this thing like 25 dollars.

Yes.

>going from [email protected] cores to 2 @3.2ghz

really depends on what you do with it

>I spend $200 for a 2600X for emulation

>this releases for 1/4th the price

kill me

Yes. Besides the clock speed it has better IPS and a lot more cache, but probably similar energy consumption. So overall not much reason to upgrade in your place.

At least this is the kind of processor you're not going to pay out your ass for RAM, too.

Looks like it is designed to compete with low end pentium processors.

Not seeing the problem here, other than the fact that we are still selling dual cores in CURRENT YEAR because of Intel's persistent jewing over the last decade.

>that is neato
What kinda chip is this? A dorito?

i3 mobile is 2cores 4threads

oh never mind im retarded

>At least this is the kind of processor you're not going to pay out your ass for RAM, too
It doesn't make AMD's one better than G4600, again.

>intlel

Attached: 1534737506611.png (915x678, 188K)

wew, im sure dell is going to cash in hard on this shit with a "new" line of office built pcs

>i really wouldnt mind having a thin client based on this behind to the kitchen tv

Can't they stop releasing fucking dual cores already?

At 14nm I'm wondering if its a bunch of half baked die that they're attempting to get rid of.

Given that it will have a much better igpu than bentiums and celeries with great Linux support I think this is great.
It'll most likely be 100 for cpu+mobo combo deal, 100 for ram, 30 for decent case, 25 for ssd, 50 for psu and wa la, a nice computer for 300 bucks. Top with a used dell monitor off ebay as the resolution you want.

I'm pretty sure yields are more than fine. AMD is cutting more than half of an already small 209mm^2 chip.

Nigger they do the same thing regardless of process node. Its called maximizing profits and minimizing losses.

I guess it would bench a bit better in terms of integrated graphics against any of the pentium gold parts, so no foul for 55 bucks

is this, like, the first athlon with integrated graphics? I guess they didn't want to abandon the successful brand, maybe they prepare it for future dualcore zen2 mobile dies.

>Recycling the Athlon brand as low end like Pentium is.

What's wrong with using Duron?

Brand recognition. It matters.

No, this thing uses zen architecture and likely just a ryzen 2200 quality reject with disabled cores.

>You don't need 32c/64t for stuff that you most likely do
Not according to fanboy shills on Jow Forums

I'm interested to see what the two other parts (220ge and 240ge) will be, if they get another 2 (maybe 3?) vega units in there for around $75, this would make for a really competitive product

AMD just wants to kill Intel even in super low budged portion of the market by only disposing of wasted zen processors

>wa la
Die

2200 already has only 1t/core. I'd say it is 2400 reject but different kind than 2200.

>4threads
not after a microcode update :^)

EXCUSE MEEEE
I HAS IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this better than a 10yo c2d ?
can i put it in a smol&silent cute little box? OwO

Now AMD has both best multicore high-end solution and dualcore low end solution

its fine when AMD does it

Can I play wow on this?

I wonder how low end they would go. I want to see something like a GPD palmtop use Ryzen/Vega.

yes and yes. Quite easily

>btw i use arch

i wonder how long it would take to install gentoo

>it's ok when AMD does it

i wish they had official ecc support. i want amd in my nas and at that price it would be perfect.

more options, good news.

Too bad Vega APUs fucking suck for linux as evident from the plethora of problems with the 2200G/2400G

>plethora of problems
?

8gb are enough ram so thats 30 off

55$ opposed to intel, who till coffee lake sold i3's that were 2/4 at ip to 170$ and still sell them 4 core 4 thread at 170$

thats at a lower tier than pentiums. probably for office machines, and stuff like that.

Nono? Is this you?

Attached: 15008206598292s.jpg (218x250, 12K)

>cpu advertised as low cost is low cost
>intelfags celebrate it

Attached: 065.png (612x563, 123K)

It's repackaged defective Raven Ridge, but at $25 it's too low desu. $55 or $50 is better considering packaging, shipping and margin for resellers

>No, this thing uses zen architecture and likely just a ryzen 2200 quality reject with disabled cores.
So yes.

You probably can but blizzard is a shitty company who use intel's compiler for every shitty game they make so probably pentium would still run it better

dual core for life

what about mgs v or something with ue4 like tekken

>not comparing it to the 2 core pentium that is cheap as dirt
heh, yeah, unbiased as hell, aren't we.

how do these work now after the dozen mitigations

> 2 core pentium
Do they have 4 threads now as well? I'm kinda out of the loop.

>35W vs 55W
>Dogshit igpu
>Security holes out the ass
>Hyperthreaded but not really if you want security

>>They're more expensive too
Absolute state of Int*l

>intel does it
>HAHAHAA 2 cores in 2017 THE ABSOLUTE STATE
>amd does
>but it's so cheap and efficient and it's actually a good deal for certain people
Yeah, you missed the point.

>let's compare this obviously inferior old product to this superior new product with an obvious gap in performance
you missed the point

1 Zen core = 2 Intel cores

>2c/4t at a ridiculous price
>"2 cores for x dollars what the fuck lmao"
>2c/4t at a good price plus many other features
>"it's only bad when intel does it"
You're the one trying to "miss" the point on purpose, you fucking rat.

Attached: bdb28db548f4f09af1f6e7bd4ea5e092bd06efaa29c789c28c1cbb72f821fc41.jpg (3072x1286, 930K)

>Literally moving the goalposts, the post.

>amd does it
does what? this is posted 3 times already

didn't Jow Forums just all over pentium G CPU a while back?

Intel 10nm should be a retarded kid with down's

>bentium Jow Forums

Attached: 1519945306588s.jpg (125x113, 2K)

Yes, Anniversary edition which can be overclocked and "2 cores is all you need". Well... Not sure what it was. Maybe /v/isitors who have shilled a higher clock just memed themselves.

The price is $10 difference for a slower CPU, retard

Yeah man, how am I supposed to type documents, do taxes, and check email with only 2 cores?

It's the same concept, just because AMD executed theirs later and better doesn't mean it's not the same concept.
And it's the concept, of low cores in THIS YEAR that was mocked. But again, when AMD does it, it's fine.

you mean intel is $10 cheaper or what?

I'm so happy amd defense force is kicking these kikes out. Keep fighting the good fight brothas!

you can only do one of those at a time so 1 core should be enough :^)

Attached: 063099b.jpg (292x245, 55K)

I thought haha-incel-corelet thing referred to 2-core i7:s and shit and not those 50$ budget solutions. But what ever

people laughing at 2 intel cores I've only ever seen in reference to their abortion of a 10nm process showing up in some little talked about mobile product

I have 2 Pentium G3258s and I love em. They make insanely cheap and powerful little x86 home servers. Would gladly take these new Athlons for the same purpose.

Talking about a 2 core proc on Jow Forums is about as exciting as watching grass grow.

*starts twerking*

>sarcasm undetected

IMPORTANT QUESTION;

Will I need to wait until the faggots at Ubuntu updates the kernel before i can install linux? Will Ubuntu 18.10 support these out of the box?

If I were you, I'd install Debian and update the kernel from backports.

200GE @ 3.2GHz for $55 (can probably be OC'd)
G5400 @ 3.7GHz for $65

I've always been in favor of the G5400 and similar processors, so I'm glad that AMD is releasing the Athlon. Notice that the Pentium isn't even mentioned in /pcbg/ at this point because of AMD fanfags; it's going to be funny to see the OP 'updated' to include the Athlon

Just install "ubuntu kernel update utility" and enjoy the new kernels as soon as they're committed

pic related

Attached: Screenshot_007.png (722x466, 83K)

No. You can install gentoo right now. Or sabayon, if you're afraid.

>not fedora

Attached: 1520319487959s.jpg (124x110, 2K)

This processor is great, because it will fill fortnite with third worlders.

> fedora

Actually, I hate rpm-based distros because of many things CentOS tries to do differently and don't like to upgrade, once in a few years is fine by me.

Attached: 1536250356049.jpg (124x110, 5K)

> $10 more for a vulnerabilities piƱata
i'll pass

>flip
>not flop

Attached: 15203194879592s.jpg (124x110, 2K)

Honestly I forgot pentiums even existed, just looking at stats, 70-100$ yea... not really doing intel any favors there,
amd has more cache, unless amd locks any kind of boosting, I would assume this could push 4ghz or there around, it should have precision boost 2 or is it 3 in it, and this is the lowest end stays, i'm at the very least interested in it.

>comparing an old product, vs a product that just came out that's supposed to compete with the old
>surprise the new one is more appealing
Wow