Why tho?

Why tho?

Attached: FB_IMG_15362496993572818.jpg (540x552, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#s=33&f=8&sort=price&page=1
youtube.com/watch?v=pqqP0uhU2uU&list=PL_sfYUCEg8OgfZ0OP8ZPdkMjVtriOceVn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>55$
It seems fine in my case.

>low power, all around CPU
Why not, more marketshare away from intel

y not

Because Jow Forums is full of Brand Loyalists who will demand THE BESTEST FASTEST POSSIBLE CPU regardless of use, price or reason.

WHY call it athlon? In my mind athlon = old as fuck, slow as fuck, not worth anything. Intel keeps their celeron and pentium names too, which in my mind automatically means SHIT. Ryzen, i3-i9, etc.Fine. But please miss me with that old ass gay shit Athlon. Next you'll be sayin she's making a new Phenom II.

Because idiots will otherwise buy them as Ryzen 3 200GE and then think that all Ryzen processors are shit after they expected more from a 55 bucks part

>tfw no 15W AMD Sempron AM4 quad core without igpu for €30

>in my mind
Well, who the fuck cares about some intel fanboy's mind?

>yet
Though it's not really AM4 territory, more like GBA. And why no igpu?

Disconnects it from AMDs flagship lines
Also boomers still remember athlon fondly and it'll serve well in their word processing machines

>$55
Seems like a perfect budge build to price out the Intel's Pentium.

Especially for a budget gaming build. $200 gaming build for 1080p/720p for esport gaming.

Why would it be called Ryzen 3

>if it's not the highest end shit it's not worth releasing
The absolute state of consumerist sheep on this board.

That's fucking awesome. If I had any capital I'd sell desktops with this, 8gb ram, and a 1tb hdd for like $500 a pop and probably only spend like $300 on materials.

I have a 2700X nigger. I don't give a fuck about intel.

$55 apu out
Still no MITX AM4 mobos below $90
Then add another $80 for 2 DIMMs

Attached: 1529552021751.gif (512x807, 469K)

Great microsoft office cpu.

>why are niche things expensive

So they can sell very defective chips for money

mini itx shouldnt be niche tho, is the best format for a APU

>shouldnt be niche
You don't get to decide what is and isn't niche. The market does.

>cpu didnt come out
>they are deffective reee
the absolute state of intel fags

what are those "vega graphics" comparable to?

Workstation PC for places like accounting, front tables and other places where you might as well use Raspberry Pi, but the owner is too retarded to do that.

192 shaders with at least 19.2GB/s vRAM bandwidth probably at 1 GHz would net you around intel "HD" 630 level graphics. So not bad for a $50 chip desu.

the VEGA 8 is a little under the GT1030 and the VEGA 11 is a little over the 1030
the new VEGA idk

Will this be better than my based Q6600? Over a decade later and I'll be losing 2 cores

get a ryzen 2200g

Using barely usable yields for shit tier OEM PCs. If you buy this instead of getting something decent used you're a retard.

not everyone uses they're pc only for gayming and streaming gaymes user

>making a 55$ niche product
okey

Get out

Well amd still have huge stocks of old fx/athlon processors didnt sell.
Just slap a VEGA logo in there and ayymdsóyboys will suck it up

>Still no MITX AM4 mobos below $90
you can find them from $43.

Probably selling their 4-core chips with broken cores as dual cores.

>low price
>low tdp
>console-tier/even better gaming with just an apu
>a socket that can be used for a drastically better chip should the user ever feel the need to upgrade(for some reason)
Gee, I wonder why? Must be because amd is fucking retarded.

where?

pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#s=33&f=8&sort=price&page=1

and no one would buy

he didn't deny that

Attached: kagami_hiiragi_vector.jpg (1024x979, 94K)

Low-cost CPU for entry-level PCs, HTPCs and home servers. If you want a cheap Kodi build for your living room you could go with one of these Athlon CPUs.

Yes, they would. If people are buying celery with the same 8gb of ram and 1tb hdd for ~$400 then I don't see how you couldn't shill the shit out of a system with older gen i3 performance and a iGPU comparable to the highest end mainstream intel hd trash for ~$500

It's called a product stack, you dumb nigger.

Because nobody gives a fuck what you think.

Aaaand /thread

>Still no MITX AM4 mobos below $90
I want this too and cheaper RAM price ;_;

You literally sound like the most whiney douchebag teenager on some counterstrike forums. Come back when you're over 18.

Fuck you, you little zoomer shit. I hope your hair dye gives you aids.

Current lowest Ryzen for desktop is 2200G with Vega 8 and this one has Vega 3 which is the same as Ryzen 3 2200u (mobile)
youtube.com/watch?v=pqqP0uhU2uU&list=PL_sfYUCEg8OgfZ0OP8ZPdkMjVtriOceVn

far better

Oh no no
Why does AMD have to kill our Pentiums and Celerons

Attached: IntelBro.png (633x900, 162K)

You clearly don't know how CPU manufacturing works. Kys

I got the best ITX mobo for running 9900k at like 5.6ghz for 100usd lol. it has 8+2 phase VRM lol.

seems like a solid choice for 2d cad work imho.

>I got the best ITX mobo
so...which mobo is this?

>why tho
An alternative to the intel gold processors, cheap office and kiddie builds

is a secret

motherfucker...

Not bad

Cheap office PCs and 3rd world markets.

Attached: 1456591795524.png (1200x600, 289K)

Hmmm, might be worth ordering as a replacement to my friends shit laptop. Thanks for the info. We are looking at something very cheap for him that can keep up with new world of warcraft stuff.

Yes by a lot. I dont reccomend it neccesarily though.

>Well amd still have huge stocks of old fx/athlon processors didnt sell.
>Just slap a VEGA logo in there and ayymdsóyboys will suck it up
I hate that seemingly 90% of this board is people like you. I just want the best parts for the money at any time. Brand loyalty is insanity.

>FX
>integrated graphics

why the fuck not?

>$55 for a decade old cpu with an updated igpu

the 2200g is awesome in price/performance and also low temps
i would buy it if ZEN2 wasnt so close

>that CPU
>Especially for a budget gaming build.
>1080p
Maybe at sub-30fps lmao

THIS CHIP ONLY HAS A PCIE 3.0 X4 SLOT

i thought i would make that clear since nobody seems to have commented on that.

Attached: Untitled.png (480x299, 52K)

Unless you are able to sell it as a
"""" gaming machine""""

Workstations go for about 150-280 CDN in my area. You can get refurb/used HP and dell workstations that were business stations with 2nd and 3rd gen Intel i5 chips + 8gb of ram ddr3

I bet it would kick the teeth in on your $500 machine

Jesus Christ that's abysmal

Oops looks like you wony get x16 performance

I am under the impression we would then need a GPU aswell, us that correct?

>runs CSGO at 100fps
cry harder

what
the 2200g has a VEGA 8 integrated gpu

>Jesus Christ that's abysmal

it is for gaming, i don't think this chip was meant for gaming. This athlon is extremely similar to the super low power athlon 5350 based on bulldozer, which had the same amount of stream processors (non vega) and the same x4 pcie limitation.

Attached: ln.png (657x527, 45K)

Oh, im sorry, I'm not well informed, my first thought was to build a ryzen 3 computer but I was told that ryzen 3 would require me to get a GPU up front. It's hard to fight through the bias here it seems, they were saying intel was better. I just nee something as cheap as possible that can handle WoW for a friend. Thank you for your help.

I agree with you, it could be used for some light work load whitebox server stuff.

X4 for a SAS card, NiCs, etc

This shits for a streaming box for a TV or light use. Who would expect a cpu that costs less than my phone case to play high end games?

>You can get refurb/used HP and dell workstations that were business stations with 2nd and 3rd gen Intel i5 chips + 8gb of ram ddr3
>I bet it would kick the teeth in on your $500 machine
Not that guy, but you just don't get it. Yes, you CAN get cheap good OEM machines, but normies aren't thinking the way you and i do. *NEW* means everything to them, doesn't matter that it's more expensive with less performance

Wait for zen2 apu, or buy 2200g/2400g (g stands for integrated graphics)

It uses Zen cores.

>35w
That's why.

AMD have always had superior integrated graphics, and is now better at entry level cpus, so don't listen to intel shills. Before everyone looses their shit, if we were talking gaming only with unlimited budget, id say 8700k or wait for 9900k/9700k

Because they can? Entry level $50 4core with Vega in two years probably.

more like
>a $55 cpu with updated gpu runs better and cooler than most intlel 14++++++ crap

its nice for a fanless pc
and if it runs Tomb Rider 1 is enough for me

Like hell they wouldn't. There are thousands of single mums buying '''gaming''' computers to shut their brats up. Add some RGB strips and have it run a pre-rendered demo of some game. Easy win.

If you wanted to setup a low-power hypervisor cluster, these would be the tits.

I don't get why AMD released it locked.

>35w CPU at $55 for a job that a 10w Intel embedded board can do at $65

because it costs $55

>10w Intel embedded board can do at $65
This thing beats the ever-living-shit out of Intel's 10w chips.

And they are both perfectly capable of running Kodi and a home server, except one consumes over 3 times as much energy, requires a fan, and costs over 2x as much after the mobo is factored in.

Kodi, yes.
Home server, depends on what you're running. The 10w chip will fall on its face trying to transcode. The Athlon should handle 2-3 streams.

Then you are better off with a Pentium since the iGPU will not be utilized. There's a market for low-power CPUs but AMD is not there yet.

>better off with a Pentium since the iGPU will not be utilized.
wat?
Hardware transcoding doesn't work that well. If you're talking about a non-embedded pentium, the TDP starts around 50w.

Wow you just figured out how binning works

Slower than a PS4 Pro

also $350 cheaper

The -t versions are 35w.

not sure if serious