Stop spreading thermal paste you goons

Stop spreading thermal paste you goons.

Pea method is the only right way for normal sized desktop CPUs

Attached: applying-thermal-paste-spread-en.jpg (1620x400, 186K)

What make you guess that Jow Forums likes to spread his mayo instead of putting a pea size amount on it?

Because they're idiots that's why. There's even people making youtube videos claiming to be computer technicians that spread the fucking paste over the CPU. That shit's just wrong

>watch any of the big techtubers apply thermal paste
>literally fucking gigantic pea sized blob
>apply really really smaller version on my procesor
>thermal paste literally squeezed and touching motherboard

How and why are they fucking so stupid? applying so much as their are doibg would squeeze so much thermal paste out of the ass as someone with severe diarrhea onto the motherboard

fuck you bitwit
fuxk you pauls hardware
fuck yoy gamers nexus
fucn you linus tech tips
fuck you science studio
fucl you tech yes city

Because we have these threads weekly and normies defend spreading every time

>they're idiots
feel free to leave for some better community more suitable for your superior intellect, oh wise one

How about the lesser intellects leave and I stay

I just use stock paste with stock cooler.
I don't oc, never had a problem.

2 weeks ago I was repairing a laptop that burned because some idiot did put a giant pea sized drop on it, dripping on the pcb not just the chip, and drying into a stone.

It's a lost battle friend, we can only search for new smarter stuff and places as normalfags try to catch up. It was like that since normies tried to steal knowledge from medieval guilds and church, and tried to organize schools "for the rest of us". Now normies have Jow Forums and majority of the internet but we have the cooler stuff, now.

It literally doesn't matter, as long as there is enough paste it's going to be basically the same regardless of how it's applied.

For the first ten days maybe. Stop watching LTT

Thermal Grizzly recommends spreading for kryonaut ( regular paste )

too much is better than too little
I prefer cross
don't really care what some sperg has to say about this nonsense

Do you want air bubbles? Because that's how you get air bubbles.

it honestly depends on the thermal compound you use. if it has high viscosity then don't spread it because you'll overflow off the heat spreader or cause air bubbles. if it has low viscosity then spreading it a little bit won't hurt but don't overdo it.

air bubbles are a literal meme

A piece of clear plastic doesn't contact it the same a heatsink does

???

Attached: c9bb47ffb602aa6390764cacd741cbe9.jpg (500x420, 29K)

tfw put 2 entire tubes of thermal paste on my CPU

With all the money tech shills spend on tech to """review""" you would think one would set up a system to measure actual thermal resistance instead of some load of bollocks with a piece of clear plastic.

>Stop spreading thermal paste you goons.******

** On CPU's with an IHS.

you NEED to spread on GPU and chipset dies, or anything that doesn't have an IHS or uses direct-die contact.

Learnt this the hard way.

Attached: 1422076818353.png (332x306, 176K)

Well fuck I just repasted an old laptop and used the pea method on the die directly. Why is it bad? Tell me your secrets

not as much pressure to spread the stuff

There was a heatpipe in my laptop that you could screw down as much as you wanted. Also there was black plastic all around both the GPU and the CPU dies, I imagine to prevent any thermal paste spills.

>Why is it bad? Tell me your secrets

>be retard
>repaste GPU for the first time
>stock TIM is total ass, this will be great, arctic MX4 to the rescue
>use pea method after pasting a ton of CPUs
>load it up, time for some gud games
>for a while its fine, then very soon, 95C
>thermal throttling
>panic
>take apart and inspect
>0.5mm^2 dot in the corner that isn't covered by paste
>created a hotspot
>spread manually making sure to cover everything, exact same paste
>down to 60C

If you used quite a bit of paste it could cover the whole thing. Only found out after that the whole die has to be covered to prevent hotspots

That makes a surprising amount of sense. Thanks user

no idea how anybody manages to fuck up applying thermal paste

Attached: spreadthumbnail.jpg (531x328, 25K)

I don't see tech youtubers overapply very often, desu