I was curious

I was curious
What OS do you run?

I'm personally on Antergos.
(Mac OSX or Windows is not allowed as answers. )

Attached: download.jpg (207x244, 6K)

work laptop: win 7 as a core os, win server 2016 for development to emulate production enviroment

home laptop: win 10, might instal debian or ubuntu soon to see if i like it.

Aero+NT

fedora and 8

Manjaro and debian

Main pc: w10+Antergos
Uni laptop: w10`Kubuntu
Old lappy: Xubuntu

Master race reporting in:

Home desktop: Windows 10
Laptop: Macbook Pro
Work: Windows 10 and occassional RHEL 7

>macshit
Found your problem.

There's no problem. Great laptop.

Windows 10 LTSB.

Attached: 3.jpg (373x388, 40K)

My father uses ubuntu, and now not so much, but back in the days he was strugling with drivers.

Fedora, LXLE and Win8.1

unironically gentoo

Attached: bird installing gentoo 1394098214282.jpg (823x646, 180K)

ye if you want to pay 2k for one laptop

unironically arch

Kubuntu 18.04 except I fucked with it's repositories to try to make it into KDE Neon, I have a laptop with Void Linux on it but also using KDE, and a Windows 10 VM that I rarely use.

>all of these people with windows or windows dual boots
Is Jow Forums actually fucking dead? Am I the only one solely using GNU/Linux as my main OS with no windows partition?

nixos

Jow Forums is dead. Look how much discussion is about video toys. This is basically /v/ 2.0.
I also only run GNU/Linux solely, except for OpenBSD, but not as a user OS.

ubuntu 18.04 but i kind off feel like switching cause off how sluggish it is. and how ugly gnome looks. also isnt as riceable as other distros.

any recommendations: i tried debian but most software was out off date and at the time i wasnt really good with the terminal. i also tried arch i had it in dual boot with ubuntu. but ran into the same problem as debian in that at the time i wasnt good with the command line. also heard that arch is unstable.

what distro should i get? should have lots off compatible software. fast and low memory. can be a distro without gui. also nice if its good for development and highly customizable.

>macintrash
>great laptop

Attached: 1518860076792.gif (500x354, 259K)

Why not just install a different DE on Ubuntu?

i thought about getting kubuntu or xubuntu as they are more minimal. the problem is my last ubuntu install broke to me trying to have a second DE enviroment on another account so im kind off spooked for a repeat. also most guides i follow are outdated and dont apply to my ubuntu.

but i might give it a try again

I use Linux Mint. After trying Manjaro, Ubuntu and MX 17, I like this one the best.

The DEs are not more minimal, they are less bloated. XFCE is far from minimal, it is feature rich. Maybe more so than GNOME. The DE is an insignificant part of the OS, anyway. Just install Debian and run it without a DM, then you can run many DEs and WMs without an issue. Just start them through your xinitrc file with startx.

what is the windows equivalent of the x server called?

I run only debian.

If your problem with debian was the old packages you should try debain unstable.

BattleStation: Win10

Laptop: Lubuntu

Gamer detected. Fuck off back to /v/.

That's right. This is /a/ board.

another problem i forgot to mention with debian was that even with the propetary install it fucked my drivers. and caused problems. but debian does seem like a solid option.

Work pc: win 10 + Linux subsystem
Daily driver: Mint
Lab notebook: fedora kde, but I intend to switch it to Centos or RHEL

elementary os, just type 0 on donation and you can download the iso. install tweaks to get minimize button

What is your hardware?

Comfy minters are comfy. Running Sonja?

nvidia drivers do seem to be an issue on linux in general.

No such thing. The closest thing is DWM.exe, which is the window manager and compositor that then directly draws shit to the GPU.

I've only had one issue on Arch, and it was fixed with an update later that day. I blame Nvidia for releasing only proprietary drivers.

gentoo gahnoow plus loonux

windowmaker masterrace

ints a laptop with an intel core i5. 2700k

My mother runs mint and had problems with nvidia drivers. Had to downgrade the kernel to fix them.

>Windows is not allowed as answers
Sorry that being able to run more programs upsets you.

Slackware on all machines.

So what's the driver issue with?

dont know anymore i had debian installed quite some time ago.

Yeah, like all that great proprietary freeware you have to download from some random site. Get a package manager, retard.

I use windows 10 solely because I have this bruteforcing program for keys that relies on OpenCL on my RX 470.
I tried running the same program on Arch Linux using the AMD proprietary drivers, but it was 4 times slower and it was laggy as all fuck, made X freeze every other second

I tried installing the proprietary AMD drivers on ubuntu using their script, works just fine, but I can't go back to ubuntu, it's so painful, and arch doesn't work, so I'm stuck with wangblows 10

>using the AMD proprietary drivers
what reason is there to use the proprietary AMD drivers when there are free ones? expecially on an operating system where almost everything else is also free software.

the open source ones don't work at all with openCL
also
>especially on an operating system where almost everything else is also free software
so you would rather use some autistic free video editor rather than adobe premiere or sony vegas since it's free, even though it's shit in comparison?

>so you would rather use some autistic free video editor rather than adobe premiere or sony vegas since it's free, even though it's shit in comparison?
Yes. Free software being bad is a steriotype. It has many advantages over proprietary shit.

also antergos.

>muh proprietary
Bitch, I bet you run Google Chrome and use nonfree codecs and drivers.

Same here. Don't get people who complain about old packages. Have they even tried the testing or unstable branches?

Antergos on desktop and work, Ubuntu on server(s).

>nixos
Hello Swede

I've never really cared about having up to date stuff, so I use stable. It's pretty awesome.

I would just like to add that the only bad thing about debian is not having xfce as the default DE.

xubuntu and windows 7

yes, i would rather use a free video editor than be used by a proprietary one. there is no reason to use proprietary software when a free software alternative exists.
also what this poster said

Lubuntu on most things.
Laptop, desktop, Netbook