Since I just finished learning C++, I started my first project, a 3D MMO. Anons, have you got any tips for me?

Since I just finished learning C++, I started my first project, a 3D MMO. Anons, have you got any tips for me?

Attached: nene_c___by_sn4cks-dbldxxm.jpg (1191x670, 84K)

More elins

dont

Yes

Attached: 1432288754353.jpg (1920x1080, 419K)

Good luck OP. I believe in you.

Attached: 1535692529517.jpg (1602x829, 223K)

kick a bucket

Is your game ready to play?
Is there a demo?

Attached: programming from scratch.png (1280x720, 976K)

Good luck OP. Keep working on

Attached: New Game C++.jpg (1061x720, 123K)

Breddy Gud XD

Attached: AMD EBYN.jpg (1000x750, 202K)

Use JavaFX for the dankest memebility.

If you're that guy who desperately wanted a raytracing MMO, quit before it's too late.

Don't do a 3D MMO

Not yet, I have written a few classes though,

>Since I just finished learning C++,
>finished learning a highly expanding language
wow, how does this work?

Attached: anon.jpg (750x1000, 35K)

People tell me machine learning is the future, should I use it for realistic NPC behavior?

No, std::rand() is enough 80% of the time.

Let me tell you something pumpkin. I have an IQ of 160 and OP meant that he finished an introductory book. Now, he's working on a project (3d game) to become a better programmer. *dabs on your dead body*

cringe and basedpilled

>finished learning C++
my condolences

You should have learned a good language, like Haskell.

Attached: 1497828119649.png (1000x1300, 786K)

Start smaller. If you absolutely want this to be your first game then at least iterate over small steps, stuff that works and you can build in 1-2 weeks.

Start working on the networking as early as possible. Game networking is a mess even if it's just an android board shitgame with a lobby. On the other hand, delay dealing with multithreading for as long as possible, because debugging is always harder than bugging.

For the server side, learn databases. Does not really matter which DBMS for now, figure out which one is better suited when you actually have a game.

Not to insult your intelligence, but even if your a game dev prodigy, are you sure you're not biting off more than you can chew making a 3d mmo?

My gut tells me you don't have a studio of professional employees at your disposal.

But is also giving you good advice

>tfw finished learning c++
In the meantime I digitized my whole consciousness. Stay mad biofags

Attached: 1535817166201.gif (250x263, 213K)

Thank you for your advice. I will start working on the database after getting the procedural world generation right.

>Just finished learning C++
>my first project
>a 3D MMO
>first project
>first
>implying you would finish a 3D MMO by yourself and move on to your second project

Attached: 1493847412080.jpg (1280x1080, 187K)

OP, ask yourself whether you could make a 2D ASCII MMO and make it fun. If not, drop your hilariously hypothetical project.

Try something smaller than a 3D MMO

why stop at 3D? go for 4D frend

Don't forget to always wear your programming socks! :3

this