F.lux

Does this thing have the same effect as yellow tint glasses?

Attached: 37261.png (256x256, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/redshift#Configuration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not entirely and theres now lenses that arent highly tinted and are more like regular lenses now so you dont have to look like an mlg retard

>Does this thing have the same effect as yellow tint glasses?
I don't think so.
I installed this thing on both my laptop and desktop, but when I am outside, it's still too bright for my eyes.
I prefer the glasses.

Only if you're using a good screen. Shitty ones just get pink

There's a hotkey to dim brightness, alt+pgdn (and alt+pgup to bump it back up)

I love it. Makes it much easier to read fanfiction at 12pm.

That's the one that data mines your computer, right?

No f.lux in Slackware so I use Redshift which is pretty much identical, but I used f.lux in Debian and Ubuntu. It's an absolutely vital application for me.

You do not have any preference between the 2?
I got f.lux on my ubuntu installed with the ppa, but if you say so I might try redshift since it's open source and in the package manager

this things is so good on my eyes
i also have LCD brightness on 15% only
still have dark circles under eyes though

definitly helps me to lurk 6 hours before going to sleep

uhhhhhh, ya

Redshift is slightly harder since no GUI, you have to make a config file and change that but once you do, you don't have to ever touch it again.

This will help:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/redshift#Configuration

No, I don't use Arch, but their documentation is excellent and applies to a lot of other distros.

What's the effect of yellow tint glasses?

They make things look like piss, supposedly to protect your eyes from the monitor's blue light and prevent tired eyes and headaches when using your pc at night

>installed a few hours ago, temperature at default 4200K.
>think it looks weird but switching it off makes the screen too bright
>switch to 3400K
>think it looks weird but going back to 4200K makes the screen too bright
I might be going down a dangerous rabbit hole

i'd use redshift

>3400

Attached: 1511437201880s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

I did install Redshift just now and am using it in stead of flux.
Apparently both Redshift and f.lux simpl change the temperature when you reach the time point, over the span of a few seconds.
It doesn't sound so bad but I was expecting a more gradual change, like early evening being an intermediate between day and night temperatures.

What about it?

no it s not the same . f.lux and others don t block blue light they just make colour warmer . glasses are better. but in the end f.lux is better than nothing i guess. i honeslty can t live without it , i use it even in daylight

it is gradual

3k day
2k night

it reduces the amount of blues that your screen produces. literally all it does is "block" blue light.