So which one do I use?

I've an AMD CPU and dGPU. I've installed amdgpu and amdgpu-pro, and MESA. What now?

Attached: Untitled.png (754x582, 324K)

Now you should try finding a job and sorting your life out instead of playing dumb ass infantile games

just install windows you fag

I already have a job and came back from it 3 hours ago.

Just wine.

No way, I cannot possibly be bothered to delve in winetricks hell again.

AMD sucks

Well no actually nvidia sucks

PlayOnLinux vs Lutris is a matter of what you like more, they do pretty much the same thing related to WINE, they manage wine prefix and wine versions. Steam with Proton is basically a polished WINE integrated into Steam.
So for Steam games use Proton and for everything else either PlayOnLinux or Lutris

I'm using PlayOnLinux because it's a million times easier to install anything that isn't listed on Lutris, especially without an internet connection. You just click "install->install non-listed app->select exe" and most stuff will work. Not to mention that I can create separate virtual drives easily and have each software installed in separate drives, ensuring better backups and isolation.
Lutris is just handy to install shitware like LoL which requires pulling a fuck ton of dependencies manually.
Though you can download the install scripts for Lutris manually, which helps because not all my computers will have a constant internet connection. But installing anything else is much simpler on PlayOnLinux or even by double clicking the exe and letting wine do something with it.

As for proton, I don't use it because out of the 33% of my library which isn't natively on Linux 99% games are shit (I got most stuff on random bundles). Anything on steam that isn't already on Linux is shit.

What if I want to play a game from my steam account but Proton just shows "shader model 5 / dx11 missing"

proton.

Ask valve

Lutris never works for me. Can't even install games that I know should work. Doesn't even fucking install them properly.

what OS and hardware?

Absolute state of loonix

Fpbp
Time not improving yourself is time lost

You telling me that you couldn't have worked 3 hours more?

Oh no, the cult of productivity is here again.

What are you doing here?
Shouldn't you be writing your next medium article?

Does anything play Overwatch and the Heroes of Might and Magic games well on Linux? That's the only thing stopping me from dropping Windows. Already managed to get Photoshop and OSX (for React Native dev) working on Linux.

How is GOG on linux these days?

Homm3 runs fine with base wine, always check the wine db. Overwatch I think is gonna have iffy fps until better dx11 support comes

Solus nvidia driver 390.

Proton for steam games
Custom bash scripts to manage wine for anything else

Instead of games, how about you inject heroin, it's less harmful for you.

>playing wine games when you could be experiencing native freedom

Attached: athenaeum.png (1007x979, 771K)

Stop playing computer games.

>not playing native games for your system
>not just installing windows
>using steam

Attached: 1476460954312.jpg (600x600, 97K)

so far I've ported 3 unity games only released on windows to linux.
they now run natively.

contacted the devs, one said they'd release it themselve after showing them how easy it is, one didn't reply and the last one thought I stole their property, even though you still need steam to run the game.

Attached: 1482977783392.gif (188x286, 37K)

>doing unpaid labor to make some proprietary fag money

topkeek

How do you use Lutris with pirated Steam games?

>pirated games
kek

>paying for games
omgwtfbbqlol

>playing games
tehe

>You just click "install->install non-listed app->select exe"
you know you can do the same thing with just wine right

Wine doesn't have a gui for managing wine versions and doesn't have the option to isolate software into virtual drives with different or same wine versions. And if it does, I can only assume it's infinitely less convenient.

Which launcher is that?

but heroin is illegal and still benefits the jew

This and Zero-K are really fucking good.

i don't understand why most of Jow Forums acts like luddites when it comes to entertainment. You're already spending most of your fucking time working with and on and reading about computers yet you're like fucking boomers with muh go outside and talk to people shit

>and amdgpu-pro
uninstall this because its proprietary

He's using proprietary hardware anyways

>What now?
install gentoo

ya i guess, but OP could still try to limit the amount of proprietary software used. its a real shame though that the only non propreitary hardware that is available is expensive as fuck or has shit performance.

>muh proprietary
stop using linux and non-gnu approved distros then, switch to linux-libre and a completely free distro

OP shouldnt do that unless he wants to spend fucking hours to try and get the kernel modesetting working with his GPU

except this isn't "go outside and talk to people" it's "sit in your room and play bing bing wahoos"

>reading comprehension
that's exactly what I fucking mean you tard. You think using a computer to entertain yourself is some sort of $oy numale activity that should be avoided at all costs when most of those estronauts use macs, phones and consoles anyway. That we should ignore the technology and go outside to interact with normies and whatnot

I was young and needed the uploads

Attached: muhgames.jpg (536x582, 124K)

>being such a poor fag that he need to fork 3 hours more due to his worth being so low.

you are are all fags, your worth is based on on money if you are working hard you already losing.

Hi OP.

I recommend you use Lutris for almost everything at the moment. Use Proton for the officially supported titles like a
Doom 2016. Steer clear from PlayonLinux.

Overwatch runs great with Wine+ DXVK
lutris will set it up for you easily.

GPU passthrough?

Heroin is not free, nice try retard.
Why?
Dude I just want shit to work.
I want the linux experience

>Dude I just want shit to work.
yes and it will still work just fine without that

I'm aiming to squeeze out every bit of performance, this isn't like Nouveau drivers right?

>Pretending to be so important that you can't have some fun.
Only losers who work at MacDonalds are left without any spare time.

Play on Linux was NEVER good. It's fucking garbage and terribly maintained. Lutris gets updated from community and constant fixed & additives

No they don't. You'll be trying to get play on Linux to start while others will already be in game

Zero k is easily the best RTS ever made. It's engine isn't so great but it does fine

Just play games that are cross platform, and that use native libraries. For games that are not cross platform, and you want to play with friends, just dual boot into a small windows partition. That's what any sane person does.

You could emulate a lot of old games (snes, n64, ps2) on Linux, and you can find several native Linux games to occupy your time.

It's cancer to play anything that isn't native on Linux, because bugs happen much more often, and that's a no go for multiplayer games.

i dont think so. im pretty sure you get very similar FPS on both drivers. its stupid to use the proprietary ones.

Lutris you click 1 button. It's far easier. Not to mention play on Linux gets python errors non stop

How is it 1 click for non-listed software on Lutris and how is it better if it doesn't allow separation from the system? The UI of Lutris is just trash compared to PlayOnLinux especially when it comes to selecting the wine version. But sure, Lutris has better tweaks. However, PlayOnLinux has better UI for managing dependencies manually.

>gets python errors non stop
You're doing something wrong.

games as a story and artform is fine, but it isn't how most people play games. grinding 1000s of games in LoL or WoW 3v3 arena or whatever is exactly a big fucking waste of time, literally contributes nothing to you except spur of the moment excitement. my entire childhood and teenhood went to the trash thanks to that. i was literally a hollow person devoid of any content until the age of 21 when i realized what a huge waste of time it was