Should I just ditch my smartphone...

Should I just ditch my smartphone. I broke my chink phone and have been "using" a Moto G4 that has audio issues and a battery that lasts for 30 minutes for the past week.

Not having a smartphone has felt so good but at the same time I want to contact people when I'm outside the house.

I message most people through a [matrix] client, so over the internet.

Should I just get pic-related and a separate DAP for my music?

Attached: 3310.jpg (1600x1066, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/category/81/?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you are getting a basic phone, it better be atleast 3G capable.

I miss when phones didn't have (((Facebook))) and (((Whatsapp))) pre-installed in order to spy on you.

It's always (((them))) man....

Just keep a cheap smartphone and don't put any apps on it. The dumbphones are a meme
t. used only a dumbphone for a year and it solved nothing

Is it possible to encrypt phone calls?

Dumbphone is the way to go if you want to leave behind the smartphone induced ADD and start working on your life.

You choose what phone you buy. But an unlocked phone a gen or two old and install whatever you want on it.

It's almost like pic related is 100% legitimate.

Attached: 1530542693204.png (928x8800, 1005K)

I bought a (Microsoft) Nokia 215 iirc and even that shit has fucking Facebook pre-installed and those apps spy on you if if you never use them.

imagine having so little self discipline you need to buy a special phone to stop you from phoneposting

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 55K)

>Nokia 215
Are you serious? Is there a feature phone that isn't the antithesis of feature phones?

is there an open source smartphone all the way down to the bootloader?

Older phones...You can't trust modern feature/dumb phones.

Attached: 45B2F4B2-F1CA-4FA8-A35F-0365A3BF05DC.jpg (749x421, 45K)

I'm still on Blackberry; used a Bold 9900 for the better part of 6 years before I actually had to upgrade because my work decommissioned their BES5 servers. Using a classic now with a minimal installation that gets rid of the Hub bloatware and other misc stuff.
>phone
>text messages
>work/personal email
>brickbreaker
Use an iPod classic for music; I tried the Fiio X1 and the Sony NWZ, but I guess teh iPod just plays nicer with things and compatibility.

Smartphones are great for centralizing your life, but it's far too easy to get disengaged with things that really matter. You don't have to go back to the early 2000s to find clarity with this, just use what you enjoy.

I've been using a dumbphone for nearly three years now. I had a smartphone before that. The difference it makes to your state of mind if massive. No always thinking of notifications, worrying about something on social media. Also, you can't be tracked as easily.

After about a week of having one I remember walking round and feeling a deep sense of relief and freedom that I didn't have to keep checking my smartphone and that this device didn't rule my life.

Hence "unlocked". On an unlocked Android device, at least, you can wipe it and put whatever you want.

Damn. A blackberry never came across my mind. It looks perfect. If only there was a [matrix] client for it. Obviously I could bridge but something native would be nice.

No. Purism’s is closest tho.

I was recently feeling the smartphone addiction take over me and here are some steps I took:
Enable grayscale:
System > Developer options > Simulate color space > Monochromacy

Uninstall any social media apps that are not "vital"

Turn off notifications (audible, vibrate) for anything except for phone calls. Nobody makes phonecalls unless grandma is dead.

This worked for awhile. Eventually I would just leave my phone in my car during social situations or on my desk during the day.

Attached: IMG_20170219_162125.jpg (4048x3036, 2.24M)

I've never owned a smartphone, nor used one for more than 30 seconds
I've been using my dumbphone for 3 years now, never switched phones, got it free from my grandma when she started having memory problems
It's tracfone so I pay as I go and it's about $10-$20 a month depending on how often people call/text me
never had any problems
I don't use the internet when I'm not home nor do I need to ever check a map or anything, so it's good for my lifestyle

appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/category/81/?lang=en

I'll enjoy the (you) on this, but I don't think there are any better designed phones than Blackberrys. Utilitarian as fuck and it has everything you need; no fancy edge glass bullshit, changing ports every two years, etc.

Attached: 1523446011150.jpg (680x383, 29K)

It's been delayed to april 2019

I would ditch my smartphone if dumb phones came with a lichess or FICS client.

>t. shutin NEET who goes outside to take out the garbage for a few minutes every month

> Get a smartphone
>Don't install facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Clover
> Turn off data and wifi
> Problem solved

I have just got Clover left. The rest are long gone and not missed.

By the way, is there any way to access the chan at work without using the Jow Forums.org doman?

How the hell I know where do you work and what your boss sniffing you?
Btw, my country blocked dns request of Jow Forums so I have to encrypt my dns request to post here

F

I'll use my smartphone until it breaks and then go for a dumbphone. I literally only use my phone when I have no will to get up in the morning. Just ditch it.

>implying

user I've been trying for two months to install pic related on an old samsung that doesn't have internet access,tried everything from downloading older phone manager programs to going through an old chinese one from 2009 for whatever reason samsung really really didn't want people to mess with their systems internal files for updating the java database

Attached: java game collection.png (1480x754, 1.01M)

Just buy an Nexus 5X for $100. You can get it fully unlocked, with rooting and flashing unsigned firmware fully supported by Google with official tools. Then you can use it without any Google services, with only FOSS apps from F-Droid.

I wouldn't touch anything released in the past decade m8 that's why I hunted down an older model from 2001

Attached: 1412000.jpg (1000x904, 176K)