Extended Security Updates for Windows 7

ghacks.net/2018/09/06/extended-security-updates-for-windows-7-and-longer-windows-10-servicing/
>Enterprise customers may select to extend the period for three additional years so that support is guaranteed until January 2023.

>tfw Windows 7 Enterprise and Pro VL are supported until 2023
>tfw you will be able to install those updates on Ultimate/Pro/Home just fine
>tfw Windows 7 Embedded Standard is supported until 2025
>tfw you will be able to install those updates on Ultimate/Pro/Home just fine, since WES is just a modular Ultimate

It's done. Windows 7 won the best desktop OS war. Win10tards = BTFO

Attached: Windows-7-logo.png (537x534, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off, wangtard, Take your gamer OS back to /v/.

freeturds = btfo as well

Nice.

Awesome!

Attached: nanami_madobe.png (1716x2134, 1.53M)

Who was it that said it's not going to happen again+

>Enterprise customers may select to extend the period
>subscriptions" will get discounts on the extended support period that is sold on a per-device basis
This is paid support. Have fun pirating windows updates if you can even find them.

Attached: hahaha.jpg (940x613, 36K)

They won't do that. If they do people would upload pirate updates and that's even worse publicity for them.

>change a regkey
>still get updates for XP today

implying it'll be hard to continue getting updates for 7 considering XP still gets updated.

Nigger you're just piggybacking off of Embedded POSReady 2009 which is still supported until 2019.
That's not the same as paid support.

And 7 has WES which is supported until 2025.

The point is consumers will be able to piggyback off of paid win7 support.
POSready will be extended again too.

I knew Microsoft would blink on Windows 7 support. Seeing how much market share it had at the 500 day mark must have spooked them. They will probably offer "ultra long extended support" to the NHS and police after 2023 too. That gives Microsoft until Windows 10 2209 to get the bugs fixed.

For your sake I hope you're right and you can get around whatever "This update is not applicable to your computer" type error MS will inevitably throw at you.

Yeah, just use Simplix Update Pack or WSUS Offline in case of any issues.

>Simplix Update Pack or WSUS Offline
If those rely on WUSA to install msu updates that might not help you much.

Why is this news??
I've been telling you dickheads that MS was going to update their enterprise and embedded versions past eos

>windozer user happy that he gets to stay on bug ridden OS for even longer

lmao

>paid updates
meh, might as well just get win 8.1

7 users:
>lol who needs updates its not like its going be unsafe in 2020

also 7 users:
>updates! windows 10 btfo!

said no one ever, all i saw was upgrading to linux at the end of the support

lurk more

Some trick to get extra updates isn't worth jack shit.
Technically Windows XP still gets patches but who cares when 3rd party software vendors dropped it HARD not long after official EOL, even freeshit like firefox and MPC-HC dropped it. Same thing will happen to 7.

With Windows you are forced to suck down whatever MS feeds you, no exceptions.

This, already migrating to Kubuntu but have Win7 Pro on a second drive for games. This only serves to prolong the inevitable.

Russian botnet

>They won't do that
Did you read the fucking OP? Microsoft still supports XP as well, as long as you're willing to pay for a support contract.

>The point is consumers will be able to piggyback off of paid win7 support
No. Microsoft won't make the same mistake twice.

looks like racketeering to me
good business plan

Don't use Windows 7 anymore, since I moved to Arch, but I will always have a place in my heart for it.

Attached: proprietary.jpg (480x451, 57K)

Same here except with Manjaro on my T420 and a Manjaro + Windows 7 dual-boot on a Ryzen build I'll do in the future.

>Windows 7 Enterprise and Pro VL are supported until 2023
Mods, sticky this!

They obviously realised it was the last good version of Windows

Retard. They extend it to give the corps more times to migrate to Windows 10. It's a paid support too.

But user, that is what they are doing, as a special service exclusively to Enterprise customers who probably generated so much demand for Microsoft to extend support, that they opted to charge them for the inconvenience of having to do it.

It's already been set in stone for a while that microsoft would kill support then, and this is a favour to a special market willing to pay for it, and with genuine needs for it.

There's nothing bad about the publicity of this, you're just assblasted af and no one is going to reliably upload and streamline fucking Windows 7 security updates for the public.

>XP
>Updates
>Can't connect to internet without ESR version of firefox that is being discontinued.
lol

There's a browser project on MSFN that'll address the issue.

Win10 cuck absolutely SEETHING

Aren't you forced onto IE to get updates via browser, anyway? I seem to recall this...

and if the corps decide they want to worry about profit and not emojis?

I recognize that thread !

This post is a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost...

Attached: 1535270300838.jpg (1581x1914, 281K)

It has just been announced, what are you talking about?

I'm from the future it seems. I've got little time to do the right thing. VOTE TRUMP !

You can't be this retard.
Extended paid support is more like a migration process. It's to make sure all their computers are supported when they're in process of upgrading all their computers to the next version.
And of course, I could see Microsoft would extend their Windows 7 enterprise support again if certain government demand them to do so, just like they extended Windows XP support because the army demanded them to do so. In my country, the government are still using Windows 7 after all.

Attached: 1536281910184.png (535x511, 384K)

I have a potato laptop with only 2GB of RAM and I've been Linux/Windows 7 slave for years until my hdd broke and I decided to try Windows 10 LTSB and it's faster than my openbox+tint2 debian desktop.

Bye bye Windows 7, you will never be missed.

Who the hell gives a shit about security updates
If you want security go for Linux
If you want gayming go for win10

:^)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7
>Extended support ends on January 14, 2020; 16 months' time.
Keep seething, faggot.

It's literally fake news, extended support ends in 2020, period. And then win7 fags BTFO for eternity.

>The article was just released.
Keep seething, faggot.

This

>just wait

>no one is going to reliably upload and streamline fucking Windows 7 security updates for the public
don't hold your breath

I do.

>Technically Windows XP still gets patches but who cares when 3rd party software vendors dropped it HARD not long after official EOL
That usually happens because of the new APIs introduced in Vista/7 for Win32. I've dropped support for XP on my software precisely for that reason, and that reason alone. It's a pain to build twice and manage two releases. But there are been very few changes in the Win32 API for Windows 8 and 10, Microsoft just keeps adding new shit on top instead. So unless "universal apps" become mainstream (eurgh), Windows 7 will be fine for a while.

oblivius botnet

>hurrr

:^)

>It's done. Windows 7 won the best desktop OS war. Win10tards = BTFO
XP already won that war years ago

Once RMS dies, will Linux be the OS of choice for white nationalists?

>faster
this is not why people use xp or 7

do you really think there's no browsers for xp?

i have browsers for my 98 machine.

of course flash wont update but fuck em.

Actually for about 18 months after XP EOL'd it was still pretty well supported. Firefox dropped it just last month.

Could you rattle a few off? I still use xp for retro gaymen

>and no one is going to reliably upload and streamline fucking Windows 7 security updates for the public.
People have done that for XP and Vista every month at no cost.

Chromium 54 (Advanced Chrome)
Chrome 49 still works pretty well
New Moon and MyPal (Pale Moon)

You need to grow up if you still use windows.
>But my video games
>But my job
Fuck off normalfag.

Thanks!

You need to stop telling people to grow up while acting like a toddler at the same time

I'm telling you to keep your consumerist OS off the technology board.
>inb4 but I need it for my job
And like I also said, fuck off normalfag.

ooooooooooooooowwwwwyiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
let's hope other software also keeps rollin' their updates and support (I'm thinking firefox, adobe shit and whatnot)

This. Better to switch to linux now while there's still time.

So basically we're going to be stuck in the 2009-2012 era forever in terms of both software and IPC
great

Who said we'd be stuck with 2009-2012 software other than the OS? The vast majority of software still supports Windows 7. The only new software that doesn't support Windows 7 is DX12 exclusive games, Office 2019 and Elgato's latest software.